November winds of change, banter, and a surprise whoopee cushion

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Note to self... Don't wash the truck when it's 16F. Just found out all my manual door locks are frozen :rolleyes:

Also: don't attempt to adjust the west coast mirrors with a leeeetle tap of the hammer! On the other hand, I do have some nice new mirrors, now, with LED lights, lol.

PS I'd 'adjusted' the mirrors before, guess they're more brittle when it's real cold. :eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Getting out of this cold weather. First drop in Sturgis, MI in the morning, where I'm now and where it's still cold, then down about halfway between Indy and Cincy for the second stop later in the morning, then on down to just west of Warner-Robins AFB in Georgia on Wednesday morning.

One pickup, three stops. Hey I feel just like a real trucker.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Getting out of this cold weather. First drop in Sturgis, MI in the morning, where I'm now and where it's still cold, then down about halfway between Indy and Cincy for the second stop later in the morning, then on down to just west of Warner-Robins AFB in Georgia on Wednesday morning.

you can swim to Atlanta !!!!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Also: don't attempt to adjust the west coast mirrors with a leeeetle tap of the hammer! On the other hand, I do have some nice new mirrors, now, with LED lights, lol.

PS I'd 'adjusted' the mirrors before, guess they're more brittle when it's real cold. :eek:
psssssssst...so am I!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

But, but, but...you don't even have 12 feet.....LOL real truckers have 12 feet....turtleclipartif7.jpg

guido4475

Not a Member

Adjusting mirrors with a hammer? Are you serious?....lol...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bidders are workin hard....just can't do the finishing move....:)

guessing shippers are fishing...lowest price....

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Bidders are workin hard....just can't do the finishing move....:)

guessing shippers are fishing...lowest price....

Same here, missed one last nite leaving here going to Nashville area. Would have about killed for it......:rolleyes: getting the itch to dh home.

sent from my Galaxy S3

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Adjusting mirrors with a hammer? Are you serious?....lol...

Of course I'm serious - I don't have the muscle mass of the big guys, so when things are stuck, I 'nudge' them with what I used to [when I lived in Texas] call a Mexican tool kit. I don't tap the mirror, but the backside edge, and like I said, it wasn't the first time, it was just too cold & the glass was brittle. I have never yet been able to budge the screws holding the mirror in the frame, even with copious amounts of WD 40, so I have found another way. We all have to work with what we've got.
I hate asking the guys for help, because some of them can be really condescending about it, you know?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Of course I'm serious - I don't have the muscle mass of the big guys, so when things are stuck, I 'nudge' them with what I used to [when I lived in Texas] call a Mexican tool kit. I don't tap the mirror, but the backside edge, and like I said, it wasn't the first time, it was just too cold & the glass was brittle. I have never yet been able to budge the screws holding the mirror in the frame, even with copious amounts of WD 40, so I have found another way. We all have to work with what we've got.
I hate asking the guys for help, because some of them can be really condescending about it, you know?

Adapt and overcome !!!!!!