November winds of change, banter, and a surprise whoopee cushion

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well surprisingly still VERY busy. Load count yesterday and today was strong. Tomorrow's load count is up there already. Chrysler actually has some production on Thursday! Mexico and Canada are running. So we will still be operating around the clock and staffed.

For those Load One drivers who are by the terminal and away from home (or don't have a place to celebrate) I invite you to Thanksgiving buffet at 1pm. We will host this again at the Lakes of Taylor, 25505 Northline Rd, Taylor, MI 48180. It is only about 2 miles from the office. You do not need to dress up and bobtails, sprinters and straight trucks fit in the large parking lot no problem. Dinner is my treat, so no excuse to not celebrate with your Load One family. The food is good and we will watch the Lions win!!! (hoping). Expediters from other carriers are welcome to attend if you know someone away from home. Always nice to enjoy the holiday with friends and cohorts. When you get there just tell them you are with Load One and they will get you set up in our section.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
you can swim to Atlanta !!!!

7e4f3846-0a0b-4765-89aa-fda7320af25a_zpsc377c794.jpg

No problem. :)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well surprisingly still VERY busy. Load count yesterday and today was strong. Tomorrow's load count is up there already. Chrysler actually has some production on Thursday! Mexico and Canada are running. So we will still be operating around the clock and staffed.

For those Load One drivers who are by the terminal and away from home (or don't have a place to celebrate) I invite you to Thanksgiving buffet at 1pm. We will host this again at the Lakes of Taylor, 25505 Northline Rd, Taylor, MI 48180. It is only about 2 miles from the office. You do not need to dress up and bobtails, sprinters and straight trucks fit in the large parking lot no problem. Dinner is my treat, so no excuse to not celebrate with your Load One family. The food is good and we will watch the Lions win!!! (hoping). Expediters from other carriers are welcome to attend if you know someone away from home. Always nice to enjoy the holiday with friends and cohorts. When you get there just tell them you are with Load One and they will get you set up in our section.

Thank you sir, thoughtful as always. We intend on being there. A first for us and looking forwards to it. This will be a different but nice change to Thanksgiving !!!!!

wombat52

Veteran Expediter

well thankyou so very much john & the load 1 family for this generous offer of thanksgiving dinner & unable to get home to warren pa because of the major lake effect that hit that area ,

so i guess unless dispatch finds a load out of harrisburg pa i will be dining at the iron skillet in carlise pa 228 miles from my front door ..

but thankyou john for this great offer & i hope you and your familyhave a great thanksgiving day
peter g
( wombat )

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter

Amazing! Simply amazing! Reminds me of the times in the Navy when we would invite our single shipmates over on holidays to let them get off the ship and have a good meal. Just another reminder of what a class operation Load One is and how happy we are to be a part of that family!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at our Load 1 family and everyone on EO.

If you are staying on the road, please be safe.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums mobile app

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Happy Thanksgiving Load One family and friends and everyone from EO.

Everyone traveling for the holiday please take time and be safe !!!

Any of you out on the road away from home take time for a Thanksgiving dinner !!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Happy Thanksgiving Load One family and friends and everyone from EO.

Everyone traveling for the holiday please take time and be safe !!!

Any of you out on the road away from home take time for a Thanksgiving dinner !!!

And I or Joe will be contacting you in the late morning to try and make sure of it.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
And I or Joe will be contacting you in the late morning to try and make sure of it.

Once again, beyond and above normal. Then again, that is normal for you. Someone mentioned this to me and I said " I bet you hear from someone Thanksgiving morning ".

Best Fleets To Drive For, reason # 2

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once again, beyond and above normal. Then again, that is normal for you. Someone mentioned this to me and I said " I bet you hear from someone Thanksgiving morning ".

Best Fleets To Drive For, reason # 2

and the reason for the call....if you don't already know....you'll really be crowing.....lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. Taking my chubby self to the gym, then off to the office for a bit, then up to Lakes for some turkey!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and just go ahead and have that extra helping of stuffing....no one will notice till they watch you leave.....LMAO.......

guido4475

Not a Member
so much for my morning phone call......but is was worth it....LOL

You are definitely on a roll this morning!...lol....With comments like that, I bet it would be in you're best interest to just get a P.O. box out there!

Has it ever occured to you that John may of wanted you as far away from the yard as possible for the holiday ???...lol...(And you thought you just got lucky with that load!)......lol..

Tis the season to be jolly, fa-la-la-la-la, la- la-la la!!!!!