November winds of change, banter, and a surprise whoopee cushion

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Y'all might have seen my other thread in the Loading Dock, but I'm in a mixture of feelings tonight... been a pretty slow week for me.. what I had was good paying, but slow.. came home last night for a family thing today, planning to be in service tomorrow... but we lost one of my wife's students to cancer tonight.. 11 years old..totally blew us away.. been fighting it, was in surgery today to remove it, and succumbed to a blood clot in the heart. Totally blew us away... sorry to be a downer, but man, you can get so consumed with trying to figure out this world.. and trying to get ahead, then something slaps you. My wife just came thru this a month ago, and we're just getting used to that word NOT being in our life.. I lost my brother to it, was SOOOooo thanking God that my wife survived.. then a precious little 11 year old loses her battle.

Our world is upside down tonight. I so hate that word.

guido4475

Not a Member
Oh yea...dispatch did an awesome job getting me a nice load delivering monday..and I get to even have my bed length ways! What appeared to be a bad week early on turned out to be a great week after all. So thankful. Camping out at a wal mart till first light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Y'all might have seen my other thread in the Loading Dock, but I'm in a mixture of feelings tonight... been a pretty slow week for me.. what I had was good paying, but slow.. came home last night for a family thing today, planning to be in service tomorrow... but we lost one of my wife's students to cancer tonight.. 11 years old..totally blew us away.. been fighting it, was in surgery today to remove it, and succumbed to a blood clot in the heart. Totally blew us away... sorry to be a downer, but man, you can get so consumed with trying to figure out this world.. and trying to get ahead, then something slaps you. My wife just came thru this a month ago, and we're just getting used to that word NOT being in our life.. I lost my brother to it, was SOOOooo thanking God that my wife survived.. then a precious little 11 year old loses her battle.

Could there be a better illustration of "life is not fair" than the death of a child?
We understand that death is the price we pay for life, but that is just too much to lose. My deepest condolences to you & Ruth.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

wow! there are no words to describe how precious life is my deepest sympathy... I have a 11yr old daughter I cannot imagine what the parents
must be going thru God Bless the family. God bless you and your wife too dreamer. Here I am thinking its tough to sit out here waiting for a load and I read this it just puts life into perspective....

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Thank you, you're not kidding... I was sitting here complaining about some things we had going on.. within an hour our whole day changed.. we knew she was in surgery today, but thought it was going well. About 4:00 we got the message there was an issue, by 5 it was over.. my petty issues no longer mattered.

Dale

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Still sad to lose even one. Hate seeing the innocent suffer so much. Never able to put my mind in a good place over it.

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Thank you, you're not kidding... I was sitting here complaining about some things we had going on.. within an hour our whole day changed.. we knew she was in surgery today, but thought it was going well. About 4:00 we got the message there was an issue, by 5 it was over.. my petty issues no longer mattered.

Dale

Things like this really do put things in perspective, and no human mind can make sense of it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and that sweet childs family. The only solace comes from the knowledge that there is no more pain. May God bless you all with peace and comfort during these times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I could not and would not want to imagine the loss of a child. Thinking of my own, I think I would be permanently out of service. My thoughts and prayers to all involved :(

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

It does make you think and makes all your petty complaints seem inferior. I posted about my 8 mo. old grandson having surgery for a fibro blastoma, a skin cancer. I know we were on pins and needles waiting for the biopsy after surgery, which came back benine. He wasn't in any danger other than his age cause this wasnt the type that spreads but we still had those feelings. He came through it fine and never was a whiner during the procedure and hasn't since in dealing with a very large wound and skin graft. Yet, we all catch ourselves whining about a lot less.

our thoughts are with you and the little girls family. We are suppose to outlive our kids and there's something wrong when we don't.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So very sorry to hear that Dale. I simply could not imagine what they are going through.

mike1753

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry for your loss Dale..

Looks like Ken's staying above the storm..but all you guys stay safe!
Winter Storm Boreas Brings Rockies Snow, Plains Ice, Possible Northeast Snow - weather.com Weekend Snow and Ice Storm

Thanks for the storm warning. Looks like the winter storm named Boreas may mess up some Thanksgiving Day plans. Yes, the weather forecasters are now naming winter storms.

As per my better half, they have snow in the Traverse City area and are skiing at Boyne Mountain.

Attachments

• 1385223512686.jpg
    1385223512686.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 94

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Yup it looks like snow there..only getting a few flurries here which doesn't even show up on weather.com. Where is Boyne Mountain?

guido4475

Not a Member
Still sad to lose even one. Hate seeing the innocent suffer so much. Never able to put my mind in a good place over it.

I totally agree. I could never figure out why so many innocent and harmless are the ones who suffer and die for no reason. I always wondered why not the bad people in life and society?