November Location

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I'm at home. Hubby is out on the road solo for now. My father has been put in a skilled nursing facility with cancer and is very sick so I'm trying to take care of things here. Hopefully I'll get to go back out with hubby after Thanksgiving but it all depends on what happens with Dad. :(

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Very sorry to hear that, Michelle. On the bright side, you get to spend some time with your Dad. I will pray for you and he.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
maybe they thought of lining the tanks for anti rusting and it didn't work out?:confused:

Why not just quit using steel tanks that rust? Oh wait that would be too expensive :mad: While I am on a rant, how about a headlamp on buzzer like my 10K car has is that too much to ask:rolleyes: okay Rant over back to my happy self LOL

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I'm at home. Hubby is out on the road solo for now. My father has been put in a skilled nursing facility with cancer and is very sick so I'm trying to take care of things here. Hopefully I'll get to go back out with hubby after Thanksgiving but it all depends on what happens with Dad. :(

Sorry to hear about your Dad, he will be in my prayers.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Inka, make the best of the time with your dad, i miss mine alot, the time you have now will be go great comfort sometime later...and the "road" will still be here when you return...until then, you and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers...

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Thank you so much to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The past week has been difficult and I'm sure the days ahead will be too. I truly appreciate everyone's care and concern. I didn't mean to "hijack" the thread, so please continue on with your November locations. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is NOT a hijack, we care in here. Do take care of your time with your dad. I take off hunting season every year to spend those days with mine. I will continue when I no longer have him. Friends and Family are more important than ANY job or business.

Always remember those times that only a family can give you. That will help you through this. So can new friends so don't forget that many here are with you.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Dropped Tuesday morning at 08:30 in Athens, TN and then went to the Walmart and went to bed. Picked up in Athens at 17:30 Tuesday evening.

Just dropped a couple hours ago and am now at the J in Laredo ..... place looks like a ghost town .... only one van over at the TA (Panther I think), and I'm the only expediter van in the lot at the J. Didn't check the Pilot ..... but it might be a short stay :D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Sarah Palin is gonna be at the Meijer 5 miles from my house. I hope I don't need to drive near there, it's gonna be a mad house:eek:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting near the border, waiting on Livingston....AGAIN!!! Told them to set the load up for a 10 pm cross....now 12:21....still not done. I wish it was up to the carrier who the broker was....Livingston must be cheap because they stink, I don't know why anyone would use them otherwise.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting near the border, waiting on Livingston....AGAIN!!! Told them to set the load up for a 10 pm cross....now 12:21....still not done. I wish it was up to the carrier who the broker was....Livingston must be cheap because they stink, I don't know why anyone would use them otherwise.

Some things never change eh? piper..*LOL*

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in Kokomo yesterdya dropped in Dallas this morning. Got some sleep and hitting the shower. Have a pu tonight in Dallas going to Laredo, Rlent see you in the morning if your still there.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I'm so glad all of you are working - no seriously I'm very happy. I hope this continues for you guys/gals out there.

However, I am still out of service and just so happy I could ****.

I got another frantic call about my mother-in-law and seeing I "don't have a job" it's another trip to the hospital with her. Never mind the fact that while I was sitting there waiting for security to get a wheel chair I got an offer to take a load to Texas.

Oh boy I am so excited about waiting around the ER for someone to tell me what's going on.

I learned a lot today, falling off a roof when you are trying to avoid your girlfriend with a knife is worst than being stabbed by her because you impaled yourself on the fence and she still stabbed you because you were dumb enough to get caught in bed with her sister or when you close the car door, don't have your 4 year old put all his weight into closing the door while your hand is in the door jam or to remember that the blue pill is not for you but your husband and after five trips to the ER to get your stomach pumped, you still don't know what the blue pill is for.

Well I hope you all enjoy being out there, I will be thinking of you all when I go back to pick her up.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I ran over to Eagle Pass this afternoon and picked up a load and brought it back to Laredo (pretty funny .... comes out over there .... goes back in over here) - it would have sucked (50% deadhead) .... but it paid very, very well ;)

Picked up in Kokomo yesterdya dropped in Dallas this morning. Got some sleep and hitting the shower.
Yeah .... shower .... I could use one of them ...... :rolleyes:

Have a pu tonight in Dallas going to Laredo, Rlent see you in the morning if your still there.
Yeah ... unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be .... they just called me on a load picking up at 21:00 going over to Nogales, AZ for tomorrow night .... so I'm outta here :D

Next time !

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
picking up 17 miles from where i am at 2100 tonight and dropping in Bellville mich at 0800 in the morning...i can get a nap at home!!:D