no loads after oriention????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Scuba I am in the trucking from the day my father make me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My family it is all the time in this bussnes. Good nes, I just a book a load with a broker for my housbond - 27 mil from Seville going to Canada - 315 mil 2 dedliverys for a $1100 this is $#,49 on mil. Beat me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you need a loads like this call me you have a my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am good with a brokerage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am happy for you and you haveto be happy foe me and the rest ..............

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
HI the problem solve!!!!!!!!!!! But we have a BIG PREDETOR in this Forum. This person do to me a BIF FAVORE to call at PANTHERII and tell about the my Topic . He don't understand that he/she is not looking good in the company because most of the people in this world dom't like predators...............:p And he/she help me much better to solve my problem. A BIG THANK'S FOR THIS PERSON AND I KNOW WHO IS:confused: TO MANY UNSOLVED THINGS IN THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!HA HAHA BUT THIS PEESON FORGAT THAT WE LIVING IN FREE COUNTRY AND THE FREE PRESS. I LIKE THIS THAT YOU CALL IN THE PANTHER II, FOR THIS I WAS IN THIS FORUM AND I KNOW THAT SOME SMALL PERSON WILL DO THIS ........... HA HAHA HA MILITERY SERVISE TEACH YOU IN POZITIV THINGS . GOD BLESS ARE PREDATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOWOWOWOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM VERY EXTATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlee

Seasoned Expediter
I need 49$ a mile loads...send me as many as you have :p Seriously I hope all is better for you.....feel free to pm me if you have any questions about the Panther system....I will do my best to help you.

-charlee

4U2JoinTheCat

Recruiter Moderator
My original intention was to just let this go. To just let Margret vent. But since she decided to throw me under the bus personaly I decided to respond. Her driver/husband was in orientation from wed 1-30 to fri 2-1. He finished class at 16:02 on fri but didn't make himself available until 11:18 on sat. He was made a load offer at 11:53, a whole 35 minutes available before he got a load offer. She is correct about 240 d/h and 306 loaded but offered him full d/h to do the load. That load delivered in TN. He refused it. At 12:03, a whole 10 minutes after the first offer, another load was offered. 232 d/h and 274 loaded delivering direct to Bellevedere, IL. Again full d/h offered. Just trying to get him moving. This load was verbaly accepted by the driver. 20 minutes later he called and gave it back. Margret, did you talk him out of this load? Either way, the driver was removed from dispatch pending some further training/discussion regarding what we do. After that training/discussion took place this morning (mon 2-4) the driver became available at 10:55, he was offered a load at 11:47 which he accepted. 12 d/h 410 loaded to champaign, il. Let me recap, two load offers not zero. Didn't become avail for 19 hrs after class. 35 minutes avail to first load offer. Issues discussed and 52 minutes from avail to 3rd load offer. Just what else should we have done?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just what else should we have done?

Dunno. When he was placed Out-of-Service by dispatch, how much time went by before someone called him and informed him of that fact?

Why didn't the further training/discussion happen at the time he was placed on the SC board? This is a 24/7 business, whatever Panther can do Monday through Friday they should be able to do on a weekend. Seems that letting a driver sit for nearly 2 days while awaiting somebody "important" (or competent) to come in on Monday is a waste of a driver's time that could have been avoided. A couple of precious hours out of someone's weekend is pale compared to 2 days, if ya ask me. Turn the tables.

If it was important enough to do it on Monday morning, then it was important enough to do on Saturday afternoon, by the same person or persons who did it this morning.

It certainly would have prevented you from being thrown under the bus. :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I kind of agree with Turtle there, if we have a 24/7 shop, shouldn't the dispatchers pick up on this and get a hold of the recruiter or trainer(s) to tell them about the problem?

It would make more sense to me.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Let me recap, two load offers not zero. Didn't become avail for 19 hrs after class. 35 minutes avail to first load offer. Issues discussed and 52 minutes from avail to 3rd load offer. Just what else should we have done?

Turtle maybe you should reread this part......can you REALLY say that Panther is responsible for this driver sitting any amount of time at all??

Things get a lot more interesting when the other side of the story is revealed!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I kind of agree with Turtle there, if we have a 24/7 shop, shouldn't the dispatchers pick up on this and get a hold of the recruiter or trainer(s) to tell them about the problem?

It would make more sense to me.

It's obvious that something was misunderstood in this process but he DID get enough out of orientation to know how to turn down these loads. I don't see why Panther should be expected to call people back in to take care of one disgruntled driver...wait till Monday.

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
any driver that sits in one place for more than a few days is not playing it smart...better to use the relocation tools provided and waste a full tank of fuel getting to a better location than to waste that same tank of fuel while watching TV.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle maybe you should reread this part......can you REALLY say that Panther is responsible for this driver sitting any amount of time at all??

I don't need to re-read it, I comprehended it the first time through. I'm not stoopid. Yes, I can say that Panther is responsible for his sitting that length of time. He refused an offer, the responsibility is his. He refused a second offer, the responsibility is still his. He was placed OOS on the SC board, the responsibility immediately shifts to Panther.

Things get a lot more interesting when the other side of the story is revealed!
Not really.

It's obvious that something was misunderstood in this process but he DID get enough out of orientation to know how to turn down these loads. I don't see why Panther should be expected to call people back in to take care of one disgruntled driver...wait till Monday.

If he was disgruntled over the short loads offered, then by definition, and by Jeff's admission, the driver needed further training and/or discussions to clarify how things work and to clear up the misunderstandings. The purpose of orientation is to give the drivers all the information with which to make them a success, both to themselves and to Panther. Clearly, orientation failed in this case.

Be that as it may, Panther had a choice to continue to offer him loads and let him turn them down, a prospect that would not be good for all parties involved, or they could bring him back in for clarification, discussion and additional orientation and training. Soon as they pulled the trigger on placing him OOS, they took on that responsibility. Problem is, it wasn't their time that was gonna be wasted for two days, so that wasn't really a problem for them, was it? <snort>

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Like I said, I agree with Turtle.

Many tend to forget one thing, it seems that the success of the company depends on the owner/driver and if there is a problem or misunderstanding, then the company needs to find some solution, be it talking to or retraining, to solve the problem and to be more proactive in making sure things get off on the right foot.

Like I said, I agree with Turtle.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Let's not forget that this driver has 8 yrs. with Fed Ex and 5 with Landstar........it's not like he's total 'newbie' to the trucking business.........you'd think he'd have a little sense of what was going on in orientation, wouldn't ya???
Also, he's apparently calling home complaining about not moving, doesn't sound like 'home' got the whole story here.

Something doesn't sound quite right here...............anyone else getting that feeling????

And why get on here and verbally attack and threaten someone, no matter who it is......
NOT COOL............just NOT COOL!!!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As both the carrier and the driver rely on each other to succeed, the concept of teamwork would be one to stress. If the driver is available 24/7 to accept loads, then dispatch should be enabled to deal with issues such as these, 24/7 as well. :mad:

4U2JoinTheCat

Recruiter Moderator
The purpose of orientation is to give the drivers all the information with which to make them a success, both to themselves and to Panther. Clearly, orientation failed in this case.

I would have to disagree. None of the other drivers in this class experienced these difficulties. The necessary information was presented but apparently not absorbed by this driver.

Be that as it may, Panther had a choice to continue to offer him loads and let him turn them down, a prospect that would not be good for all parties involved, or they could bring him back in for clarification, discussion and additional orientation and training.

Something we agree on.

Soon as they pulled the trigger on placing him OOS, they took on that responsibility. Problem is, it wasn't their time that was gonna be wasted for two days, so that wasn't really a problem for them, was it?

Something we don't agree on. When did we absolve individuals of all responsibilities for their own actions? Why do you assume that no one talked to the guy and tried to work with him on Saturday then came to the conclusion he required a higher level of intervention? Based on the quick load offers I'm guessing we could have used that truck. An effort was made to salvage his weekend. I also don't agree that someone should have been called in. Let the firestorm begin I guess, but the people on this side of the business deserve their time off as much as anyone else.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I feel your pain.Your English is a lot better then anyones Russian on this site.Thats a fact.
It may become a very difficult time for trucking in general in the near future,with fewer loads and too many trucks.Lets hope not.
Good luck and keep posting,it helps to hear from everyone.

charlee

Seasoned Expediter
Noone but the owner/driver is responsible for their situation...for goodness sake..ANY person who has run expedited freight will say TN and IL beat the heck out of OH for tractor loads.......as far as the OOS goes.....I do not blame them for one bit....if the driver missed the basic info at orientation of "do not accept a load and THEN say youa re not going to run it or you will be placed on the SC board", what else did they miss? The load was booked based on a truck saying they would run it......then said truck "changed their mind"......SC board it is......

-charlee

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
DEAR JEFF YOU ARE WRONG. THE PEOPLE TELL EVERY ONE IN ORIENTATION TO GO TO TRUCKS AND IN SATURDAY THAY WILL HAVE A LOADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A FRIDAY, OK . THAY WAS 3-4 BOG TRUCK AND 4-5 SMALL. MY HOUSBOND NEVERA NEVAR HAVE OFFER FOR TWO LOADS I HAVE A PROFF THAT ONE LOAD OFFER FROM BUFFALO WAS ERROR FROM DISPATCH- ERROR NO BODY OFFER LOAD TO HIM TO TENESSI, OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!IF YOU RIGHT CALL ME IF NOT DON'T WRIGHT A FALSE STATMENTS. H e was AV the same day the load was ofeer in saturday 02/02 at 12:36 after this he was AV to 02/03 at 9:00 am he was OS for what reason - UNKNOWN then after 4:00pm Safty Hold after my talk with Tasha . I am very mad now taht it somthing fake about 2 loads offer it is not trut , only on . Yes today I have a broker load for him -27 ml from Seville to Toronto, ON pay $1100 for 317mil the people from Panther tell me that we can't booket becuse if is HAZ oralkohol it was HAZ a only 3 boxes but stil HAZ . thay offer right a way to my housband the load going to IL. GOOD mil and GOOD PAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE TO PLAY HONES NOT FAKE STATMENT S................... DO VEREIFIKATION ABOUT THE OFFER AT SATURDAY JEFF AND MAKE A RIGHT STATMENT . NEVAR VAS 2 LOADS ONLY ONE OFFER .WAITING FOR A RAPLAY FROM YOU .

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
As a student, it is certainly the responsibility of the student to understand what is being presented to them - and if they don't understand it, ask and get it clarified.

On the otherhand, it is ultimately the responsibility of an instructor to ensure that all of his/her students "get it" and get all of it. The instructor is in the senior position - not the student. To turn out students that lack the essential understandings needed to function successfully, is to turn out a defective product ..... nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH JEFF did you know whay the ONLYONE load I was danied by housband because thay send a message in 12:38 pm and said that the load have to be pickaup at 3:00 pm 2h for a 217 mil???????????he is with a truck nota avion and this is the things, but you don't tell te people in advance by phone that this 3 days orienttion count against the driver for ON DUTY??????????????? Naver said this and yes thay call him for SALVAGE WEEKEND but not a make a money ...........1/2 mil empt and 1/2 pay.............We comming to make not to stay and no one have a plesent time to stay 2 days and watche a TV in 4x4 feet this is stupid who said from some people. He nevar accepted the load he don't press ACCEPTED ever and this is one of the reason thay puted him OS/???????????????? cOMMON EVERY ONE LETS BE A REALISTIC NO ONE LIKE TO SATY AND DON'T DO ANAYTHING.
jEFF NEVERA HAVE A LOAD TO TN??????????????? YOU ARE WRONG . THE ONLY PERSON WHO WAS IN BIG HELP FOR ALL THE SITUATION WAS SUSSAN , SHE WAS VERY NICE AND SHE KNOW THAT NEVAR WAS A 2 LOADS ONLY ONE .

Status
Not open for further replies.