*need help* out of fuel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
By the way, Turtle, I've been positioned in Beaufort, SC since before Thanksgiving waiting for the perfect load. Can you please advise where I should layover?
At the Husky Travel Stop in Mississauga.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
At the Husky Travel Stop in Mississauga.

Although it might be a little chilly in the Toronto area right now I'll take your advice and scamper up there as soon as possible. I hope you'll be there so we can swap stories, share advice, and commiserate over the lousy state of the expedite industry.

Thanks, Turtle. You have renewed my faith in human nature. I sense a special bond with you that sort of overwhelms me.

Due to the knowledge I've gained here on ExpeditersOnline I think I may have a shot at becoming successful.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Although it might be a little chilly in the Toronto area right now I'll take your advice and scamper up there as soon as possible. I hope you'll be there so we can swap stories, share advice, and commiserate over the lousy state of the expedite industry.

Thanks, Turtle. You have renewed my faith in human nature. I sense a special bond with you that sort of overwhelms me.

Due to the knowledge I've gained here on ExpeditersOnline I think I may have a shot at becoming successful.

Frankly, I don't want to know what becomes of a successful man with no conscience.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Frankly, I don't want to know what becomes of a successful man with no conscience.

You may not want to know, but many inquiring minds do!

We become greedy, self-centered, gravy-sucking, cigar-smoking, yacht-owning Conservatives who like nothing better than stepping on the 47% Mitt Romney referred to, on our way to the top.

Too bad having indentured servants is no longer in vogue.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Remember, Romney lost because of that 47% comment. From the moment he said that, he could not win.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Remember, Romney lost because of that 47% comment. From the moment he said that, he could not win.

That's probably true, Fourty. The truth can set you free...but it can also spell the end of a political career.

Romney should have learned to lie as well as Obama. I'd like to elaborate but my gravy is on the table.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You may not want to know, but many inquiring minds do!

We become greedy, self-centered, gravy-sucking, cigar-smoking, yacht-owning Conservatives who like nothing better than stepping on the 47% Mitt Romney referred to, on our way to the top.

Too bad having indentured servants is no longer in vogue.

Whatever. How much did you sell your mother's indentured dentures for? LOL

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That's probably true, Fourty. The truth can set you free...but it can also spell the end of a political career.

Romney should have learned to lie as well as Obama. I'd like to elaborate but my gravy is on the table.

Thing is, he said it to a bunch of trusted contributors... not the MSM who consistently gives Obama professional courtesy by not driving home his own faux pas. "57 states" would've been enough to sink any Republican, as you'd never hear the end of it.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Anyone near or headed around Bismarck, AR we're out of fuel & the gas station is closed for another 2 hours. We would only need enough to get us to the next closest station!!!! Please please please help!!

At first I thought this was joke punning off the gas skams going around. Since they have not responded again maybe this is sick sense of humor. Why would they post something like that??

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
As Gordon Gecko said: "Greed is good."

That's the only reason capitalism works as efficiently as it does, after you cut through all the crap!

Yea, look where it got him. On the other hand look at Gates and Buffet. Rich and generous.

So, capitalism works just fine on its own. The difference is the individual capitalist.

Greedy & smart or generous & intelligent.

Ever heard of karma?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The chances that someone that could have helped them would see this and be there in that brief couple of hours was slim to none, and slim was invisible and obscured by a cloaking device. I guess it was a "what the heck" shot in the dark. I don't think I'd have wanted to put it out there that I actually let something like that happen.

I wonder if we'll get "the rest of the story".

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
And charging new drivers 500 dollars for gas should be illegal. Thats criminal..

New or not, running out of fuel for the second time in 4 hours, out of pure laziness and/or stupidity, is the kind of stupidity that ought to be criminal.
We don't know why the OP ran out - there might even be a perfectly reasonable explanation - it could happen.
Twice is like the quote about losing both parents: once is understandable, but twice looks like carelessness.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The chances that someone that could have helped them would see this and be there in that brief couple of hours was slim to none, and slim was invisible and obscured by a cloaking device. I guess it was a "what the heck" shot in the dark. I don't think I'd have wanted to put it out there that I actually let something like that happen.

I wonder if we'll get "the rest of the story".

Nope... not many would. But I'm sure you would've had a backup plan, in case it did happen.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, I have to ask: Who ran out of fuel twice in four hours? The OP of this thread has two posts, and neither mentions running out twice in a short time.

I know, it may be in the thread--- but digging through 75 posts to find that one might take awhile.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
OK, I have to ask: Who ran out of fuel twice in four hours? The OP of this thread has two posts, and neither mentions running out twice in a short time.

I know, it may be in the thread--- but digging through 75 posts to find that one might take awhile.

It's halfway through: post 36. One of Bruno/Dave Mayfield's new teams provided yet another reason for fleet owners to be really leery of new drivers.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Re: Fleet owner trying to keep escrow

I never saw a second post from the OP.

On the Mayfield team....
That doesn't pass the smell test.
Had they ever fueled the truck or was this their first trip ?
Did they understand how the fuel system worked ?
Did they understand how much fuel they had after the first service call ?
DID THE FUEL GUAGE WORK ? Remember Mayfield lost an engine of a truck that didn't have a dipstick about a year ago.
No Mayfield Driver I ever spoke to would run out after spending $500 on a service call.

Status
Not open for further replies.