*need help* out of fuel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamaRap

Active Expediter
Anyone near or headed around Bismarck, AR we're out of fuel & the gas station is closed for another 2 hours. We would only need enough to get us to the next closest station!!!! Please please please help!!

Monty

Expert Expediter
If this is a genuine plea for help, it is a sad commentary on trip planning.

The picture appears to be of a young couple, perhaps a couple that are not prepared to deal with the realities.

Monty

Expert Expediter
This was their first post on Jan 29, 2013.
You know the saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life!" Well this wife is tired of working for someone. I was talking to my husband about starting our own business, we instantly thought HOT SHOT. [Our Ahh-haa moment -] with that being said we are looking for any tips/advice/suggestions you have to offer.

I have a great business background & my husband currently works on tow-boats - we are used to the distance between us. I don't think I am looking to go on the road... Not all the time at least!

I guess the biggest where do we start?! Unload your knowledge to me - pros & cons

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If this is a genuine plea for help, it is a sad commentary on trip planning.

The picture appears to be of a young couple, perhaps a couple that are not prepared to deal with the realities.

Exactly...the scene that plays out in my mind....a young couple not knowing, thrown into a truck by some cheesy fleet owner with some cheesy carrier...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
they thought they were getting great fuel mileage and just kept going...:rolleyes:

Just like this guy I know that had to spend the night in the gas station. He could not go anywhere until he got some fuel..........

Yea, he thought he was getting great fuel milage out in the middle of nowhere. :cool:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Didn't Zane, machete man, run out of fuel sleeping at a fuel stop or something ?
Where is he now ?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought about making a sign like this, as I watched a professional donation collector work a street corner next to the truckstop I was sitting at. The guy was making more then I was :rolleyes:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone near or headed around Bismarck, AR we're out of fuel & the gas station is closed for another 2 hours. We would only need enough to get us to the next closest station!!!! Please please please help!!

Check is in the Mail. ....should be there by Monday. .....:D

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Feel bad they are in distress.
Doesn't matter why.
Hope they made their pu or del on time and figured out why they got into the jam.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Probably need to call the fleet owner or the carrier and get an advance. That is probably the quickest way with a comcheck.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Probably need to call the fleet owner or the carrier and get an advance. That is probably the quickest way with a comcheck.

I read the OP that they were ok for money, just that the gas station was closed.

Hopefully they are on their way now and will plan their routes using 24 hour gas stations in future.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Feel bad they are in distress.
Doesn't matter why.
Hope they made their pu or del on time and figured out why they got into the jam.

Yes unfortunate. Since the first reply was well after the station opened, they should be on their way, hopefully without too much repercussions. A lesson from The School of Hard Knocks.

For me it's a matter of simply planning ahead. Before I roll out I know:

1- Do I have enough fuel to reach destination
2- Where is closest fuel stop from destination
3- If I can't reach destination, where are my fuel stops along the way, and where am I fueling.

And yes as EnglishLady said..."plan their routes using 24 hour gas stations in future."

Last edited:

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter

.....and wife and kids are in the car trying to make it to my new job in the town where my mother is in the hospital dying of cancer etc etc etc.........

Sorry if this is a real plea for help, just couldn't help myself, but it looks as tho the 'give me a hand out' is makin an attempt at shifting to the digital age.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To feel Bad or Sorry for someones loss of a loved one or from suffering a injury or sickness, , I understand....:thumbup:.......................But feel sorry because they ran out of gas...Not here........Stupid, ,Stupid, Stupid....:thumbdown:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
To feel Bad or Sorry for someones loss of a loved one or from suffering a injury or sickness, , I understand....:thumbup:.......................But feel sorry because they ran out of gas...Not here........Stupid, ,Stupid, Stupid....:thumbdown:

and I thought I was heartless..you Bolt guys...wow....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.