Modern Life In Appalachia

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This could be a really FUN thread, too bad it's not. I could say............., or,....................,

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's taking hair-splitting to a ridiculous level.

No, it's taking words [and their meaning] seriously. Homosexuality is defined as "an attraction to one's own gender", period. Whether one acts upon it or not, the desire is the defining characteristic. If you don't understand that, you have a huge comprehension problem.

We wouldn't say that someone who was raped was having sex,

Yes, 'we' would. We wouldn't presume it was enjoyable, but it is, nonetheless, sex.

because of the force involved, the force being the common denominator here.

Force makes it illegal - it doesn't change what it is otherwise.

I've spewed no ugliness on the matter; homosexual perversion is ugly in and of itself.

^Point made.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This could be a really FUN thread, too bad it's not. I could say............., or,....................,

Or you could say something intelligent, appropriate, and on topic, instead of posting drivel like this asinine intrusion into a conversation.
Wait - who am I kidding?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
... and the sex act is indeed the defining characteristic of homosexual perversion.
According to the Bible. I didn't suddenly become a heterosexual the day I lost my virginity, I was straight a really long time before that.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
According to the Bible. I didn't suddenly become a heterosexual the day I lost my virginity, I was straight a really long time before that.

That's true. Homosexuality is a perversion. Until you deviate from normality via perverted sex, you're considered normal, regardless of your urges. Heterosexual is normal, the default.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You couldn't be more wrong if you worked at it 24/7. Someone raped is not having sex, and the sex act is indeed the defining characteristic of homosexual perversion.

So, every dictionary has it wrong, and when a woman is raped, she reports not having sex to the police Not Sex Crimes Unit?

Your Bible thumping craziness is a perfect example of the harm religion can do: insisting black is really white [if you only believe].

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
So, every dictionary has it wrong, and when a woman is raped, she reports not having sex to the police Not Sex Crimes Unit?

Your Bible thumping craziness is a perfect example of the harm religion can do: insisting black is really white [if you only believe].

Is being raped a sin? Premarital sex is a sin. So according to your definition, being raped is a sin. Sure you're not a Muslim?
"Having sex," as such, is an act of the will. Isn't it you lefties that call rape violence rather than a sex act?
Our recent threads on the anthropogenic global warming hoax is sufficient example of how political correctness and suppression of dissent can shape definitions and force everybody to toe the line. And the homosexual perversion lobby is far stronger than even the lobby for the anthropogenic global warming hoax. Wasn't it just this week that there were public calls to jail AGW-hoax sceptics?
Cease your rebellion against God and embrace His truth. Rebellion against Him will lead you to a bad end.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Is being raped a sin? Premarital sex is a sin. So according to your definition, being raped is a sin. Sure you're not a Muslim?
"Having sex," as such, is an act of the will. Isn't it you lefties that call rape violence rather than a sex act?
Our recent threads on the anthropogenic global warming hoax is sufficient example of how political correctness and suppression of dissent can shape definitions and force everybody to toe the line. And the homosexual perversion lobby is far stronger than even the lobby for the anthropogenic global warming hoax. Wasn't it just this week that there were public calls to jail AGW-hoax sceptics?
Cease your rebellion against God and embrace His truth. Rebellion against Him will lead you to a bad end.

I cannot rebel against something I don't believe exists, so save the preaching for someone who can use it.
I try to respect your right to believe, and you should respect my right not to.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's true. Homosexuality is a perversion. Until you deviate from normality via perverted sex, you're considered normal, regardless of your urges. Heterosexual is normal, the default.
You're considered normal by whom? Certainly not by me. If your wants, wishes and urges are not normal, regardless of whether you act on them, I'm not going to consider you as normal.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Where is Dale when we need him?
The only thing we need Dale for is to tell you to either post on-topic and add to the conversation, or quit posting off-topic drivel in an attempt to derail the thread and silence others. Whoops, we don't even need him for that.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I cannot rebel against something I don't believe exists, so save the preaching for someone who can use it.
I try to respect your right to believe, and you should respect my right not to.
Sure you can. He exists independent of your belief, and you are in rebellion against Him, and it will harm you in the end.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only thing we need Dale for is to tell you to either post on-topic and add to the conversation, or quit posting off-topic drivel in an attempt to derail the thread and silence others. Whoops, we don't even need him for that.

I was attempting to derail nothing. There has been just about nothing on topic, about the OP, since the first post. It's all pots and kettles of late. In this thread, and many others. I don't know why, must be an infestation of poison ivy. It is a repeating cycle. I am done.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You couldn't be more wrong if you worked at it 24/7.
Sorry, but I'm afraid she is correct.

Someone raped is not having sex,
Someone raped is being forced to engage in a sexual act against their will.

Someone raping OTOH is engaging in a sexual act possibly as a means of sexual gratification ... and also possibly as a means to just dominate and subjugate another. It can be either/or ... or both.

It is, to some degree, actually a form of punishment.

(Which might provide a little insight about what vengeance and the desire for punishment is all about in some instances ... assuming one cares to see it, of course ...)

and the sex act is indeed the defining characteristic of homosexual perversion.
It (the sex act, in the case of homosexuality) is - for lack of better phraseology - probably ultimate culmination of a homosexual inclination or preference when that inclination or preference is acted upon: the accomplishment of sexual relations with someone of the same sex, stemming from desire.

That however is not homosexuality - it's just a manifestation of it - not the thing itself.

Homosexuality is the inclination, preference, or desire.

This last fact, of course, is quite problematic for those who - for what ought to be very obvious reasons - would prefer it were otherwise.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was attempting to derail nothing. There has been just about nothing on topic, about the OP, since the first post. It's all pots and kettles of late. In this thread, and many others. I don't know why, must be an infestation of poison ivy. It is a repeating cycle. I am done.
Conversations often flow, and the topic right along with it, away from the original topic. When the flow is a natural and organic one, that's fine, because that's how people interact normally. When someone comes in and tries to purposely change the topic at hand, that's a problem. In your case, when you get tired of reading a thread or don't like what is being said, you don't even try to change the topic, you want to just stop it altogether. As Cheri noted, your comments are often an intrusion into a conversation, off-topic and not even remotely part of any flow of dialog. It has the net effect of stopping people in their tracks, of derailing the conversation. It may be all pots and kettles to you, but that doesn't mean you have to cop a squat and take a public dump in them.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Sorry, but I'm afraid she is correct.

Someone raped is being forced to engage in a sexual act against their will.

Someone raping OTOH is engaging in a sexual act possibly as a means of sexual gratification ... and also possibly as a means to just dominate and subjugate another. It can be either/or ... or both.

It is, to some degree, actually a form of punishment.

(Which might provide a little insight about what vengeance and the desire for punishment is all about in some instances ... assuming one cares to see it, of course ...)

It (the sex act, in the case of homosexuality) is - for lack of better phraseology - probably ultimate culmination of a homosexual inclination or preference when that inclination or preference is acted upon: the accomplishment of sexual relations with someone of the same sex, stemming from desire.

That however is not homosexuality - it's just a manifestation of it - not the thing itself.

Homosexuality is the inclination, preference, or desire.

This last fact, of course, is quite problematic for those who - for what ought to be very obvious reasons - would prefer it were otherwise.

You're incorrect all the way around.

And I don't prefer it either way. I conform myself to the truth, not the reverse.