May locations with banter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Guido, see if you can work it out with Wombat, use hs s-10 thats in the lot. Drive up there, rent a tow bar from U-haul and tow it back behind the cube....just a thought...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe the flugelbinder?I sure hope it is found before actually letting loose, costing some seroious money.

On a different note, If anyone is going from the office to taylor,
I am needing a ride to ****atoo, Mn, West of St.Paul/Minneapolis to pick up the new ride..This would be the cheapest, easiest option...

The cheapest alternative could be getting the new ride as fast as possible and into service with it. Putting it off a day or two for a ride could end up costing more. Those things are always a tough call though because your weighing the unknown.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I m betting on the wastegate sticking open then slowly closing...Steve is that vacuum operated by a big vacuum operated actuator or set to open at a pre-determined exhaust flow pressure??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I m betting on the wastegate sticking open then slowly closing...Steve is that vacuum operated by a big vacuum operated actuator or set to open at a pre-determined exhaust flow pressure??
well it is a slow build up till full peak noise...then 3-4 and it slowly subsides....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well...the wastegate on a turbo motor is basically a "by-pass" of the turbocharger when the exhaust pressure reaches a set pressure..it then bypasses the turbo but it is dumped into the exhaust, not the atmosphere..so for you to hear the exhaust noise, there would have to be a leak...sooo..maybe its not that, but I'd have it checked...if it that is it and it decides to stay open, you will have no turbo pressure at all...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well...the wastegate on a turbo motor is basically a "by-pass" of the turbocharger when the exhaust pressure reaches a set pressure..it then bypasses the turbo but it is dumped into the exhaust, not the atmosphere..so for you to hear the exhaust noise, there would have to be a leak...sooo..maybe its not that, but I'd have it checked...if it that is it and it decides to stay open, you will have no turbo pressure at all...
I may not be hearing a leak..I was describing a sound to type..

so chain of events...

I get up to speed and movin along.....the turbo builds too much pressure because the wastegate isn't opening fast enough? and the engine thus makes a noise....then the wastegate opens slowly to release said pressure? hence the noise goes away?

But when I accelerate to go up a hill wouldn't this happen again?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
since it didn't cost me for a diagnostic..seriously considering Berry Dodge where I've had work done...in Corsicana Tx about 240 miles up the road....2nd opinion...:confused:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
since it didn't cost me for a diagnostic..seriously considering Berry Dodge where I've had work done...in Corsicana Tx about 240 miles up the road....2nd opinion...:confused:

I'd second that motion...hate to have you break down cuz one tech hadn't come across the problem before..:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd second that motion...hate to have you break down cuz one tech hadn't come across the problem before..:)
I don't think "waiting" for it to break is a plausible solution...I don't like it....:mad:

I don;t think breaking down on a load is good for me or Load1 in any way or form....once this rush hour is over i am off to see Dave the tech over yonder...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
we might not like the answer...but IF it is serious I'd rather have Dave in Corsicana work on it...and they will deal in prices...!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
we might not like the answer...but IF it is serious I'd rather have Dave in Corsicana work on it...and they will deal in prices...!

Honey...I NEVER like the answer when it comes to spending money..*lol*

BUT...I want you safe...go north young man..go north!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
My original thought was that the turbo and the wastegate were functioning good as you accelerated..then as the turbo wound up and the exhaust pressure buit up the wastegate opened as it should, but then as you leveled off to cruising speed the wastegate was sticking open..allowing all exhaust to bypass the turbo totally instead of maintaining a lower amount of boost. My thought was that you might be hearing the total exhaust flowing thru the wastegate and into the exhaust system...then as the gate slowly closed and the turbo was able to again spinup and gain boost the noise went away...but as i said on 2nd thought, since the wastegate doesn't vent into the atmosphere, chances are you wouldn't hear the increase in flow, but maybe...not really sure...

But alo when you accel up a hill AFTER the noise has gone away, in my thinking above, you would be ok accelerating again, and then once you reached cruising speed you would get the same isssue all over again....

I agree waiting for it to break on the road is not a viable deal..So go see Dave the Tech at Berry Dodge, It sounds like you trust him and that is half the battle right there....

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting at the yard in Taylor..in the morning I think I am going to see about renting my own parking place after my run in with a bob tail....parked right in front of me and started getting out of his truck to go home..first he says he did not see me..then tells me that this is bob tail parking only..news to me...

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
I am staying with my best friend this week in Toledo, OH. She lost her 23 yr. old son to a gun accident. I have been here since Saturday afternoon, other than Sunday morning when our Granddaughter was baptized.
Tracy is driving solo this week. We can't afford to take another week off. So he needed to g back in service. I couldn't leave my friend though, she needs me, and she was there for me when we lost our son 10 years ago.
Funeral showing will be Sunday and services will be Monday, with cremation to follow. I will be back in service by Tuesday of next week.
I don't remember what town Tracy is going to but he is delivering in Kentucky by 7 am tomorrow somewhere close to Cinncinnati, OH, he picked up his load in Montpelier, OH.

I am not sure about this solo thing though. We have been together nonstop every single day since Oct. 1st. Most of that time spent in the truck. Now we are going to be apart for a week. I am not going to know how to act. But my friend is in need of me so I guess I won't have to worry about knowing how to act.

Losing a child (no matter how old that child is) is the worst pain you can go through and I wish no one of had to know that pain.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App