May locations with banter

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Morning dear...did ya just open your hood in the parking lot and invite everyone over? *l*

I hear you boys do that..:p

The crowd gets lot bigger when a women lifts the cover and shows everyone whats under it. :D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
That's not where I keep my pickles...*l*

glad you're enjoying them...I have more...

think I'll plant more cukes that I planned on...Ken's been working down that shelf!:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I tried to take the last jar of pickles with me when I was home last, but my teenage daughter had a fit worthy of a 5 y/o...so I guess you know where the pickles are....:rolleyes:

Anyhow...The weekend is over, sittin in Florence, was #2 since getting here...# 1 now, Time for Dispatch to work their magic..:)

guido4475

Not a Member
Took all day to unload the van, remove needed items...Ended up filling up a 48x48x 40 shipping bin, heaping, and then some..total weight..A whopping estimated 750# of crap...,including bin..going by the scale on one of our fleet of towmotors here at Load One..lol...I had to change my undies...bad thing about living in a truck..stuff is needed and accumulates..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tried to take the last jar of pickles with me when I was home last, but my teenage daughter had a fit worthy of a 5 y/o...so I guess you know where the pickles are....:rolleyes:

Anyhow...The weekend is over, sittin in Florence, was #2 since getting here...# 1 now, Time for Dispatch to work their magic..:)

Not to worry Dennis...I have a couple more jars should we meet up on this tour...

NOW for my sprinter problem.... The tech has NOT clue...so I guess, ride it till it breaks...I did manage a tranny and rear end service however...I needed it done anyhow and I avoided the $99 diagnostic fee by getting it done....back to work..

BTW...actually a nap first then back to work...

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did they hear the noise it was making?
Yep....two techs took a joy ride....best guess is somewhere in the drive train...maybe harmonic balancer is going....to the tranny not functioning properly....so who knows...beats me...

funny, the tech said when it breaks please email him and let him know the details...*LOL*....he has been doing this from the beginning of the sprinter and never heard anything like it.... oh..tranny oil and pan were good...like no excess wear and same for rear gear oil....no shavings...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yep....two techs took a joy ride....best guess is somewhere in the drive train...maybe harmonic balancer is going....to the tranny not functioning properly....so who knows...beats me...

funny, the tech said when it breaks please email him and let him know the details...*LOL*....he has been doing this from the beginning of the sprinter and never heard anything like it.... oh..tranny oil and pan were good...like no excess wear and same for rear gear oil....no shavings...

Ken, Jim and I are coming up empty as well. Can you describe the noise? Don't say "Bang" Compare it to something.

What area of the engine do you hear it from??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken, Jim and I are coming up empty as well. Can you describe the noise? Don't say "Bang" Compare it to something.

What area of the engine do you hear it from??
hmm...a loud drone...say a hole in the manifold exhaust type sound?....Loud...it starts off normal and a few minutes on the highway the noise builds up to the loudest and stays that way for the 3-4 minutes and dies right back to normal..
hanger bearing and D shaft "looked" to be good...Fr. wheel bearing and steering assembly were all in spec...

IF it don't break when I get back up there I'll take ya for a ride..

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
hmm...a loud drone...say a hole in the manifold exhaust type sound?....Loud...it starts off normal and a few minutes on the highway the noise builds up to the loudest and stays that way for the 3-4 minutes and dies right back to normal..
hanger bearing and D shaft "looked" to be good...Fr. wheel bearing and steering assembly were all in spec...

IF it don't break when I get back up there I'll take ya for a ride..

When you accelerate each time??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you accelerate each time??
After....when I get up to speed 50-65 doesn't matter...takes a few minutes and THEN it starts to build....stays that 3-4 mins and fades away...

PS..I've also tried a slow acceleration on the on ramp and also normal ...doesn't matter...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
is there some kind of valve on the exhaust that might be opening too slowly and it builds up too much pressure?

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
After....when I get up to speed 50-65 doesn't matter...takes a few minutes and THEN it starts to build....stays that 3-4 mins and fades away...

PS..I've also tried a slow acceleration on the on ramp and also normal ...doesn't matter...

Put the gearshift in low and shift manually. See if it does it. Are you hearing it under the van or in the engine?

is there some kind of valve on the exhaust that might be opening too slowly and it builds up too much pressure?

No, not with a turbo.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Noise isn't there on accel...builds up while cruising...then goes away...did anyone check the turbo wastegate???

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Noise isn't there on accel...builds up while cruising...then goes away...did anyone check the turbo wastegate???

That's one reason I wanted him to say where he is hearing the noise. Engine area or under the van.

guido4475

Not a Member
Maybe the flugelbinder?I sure hope it is found before actually letting loose, costing some seroious money.

On a different note, If anyone is going from the office to taylor,
I am needing a ride to ****atoo, Mn, West of St.Paul/Minneapolis to pick up the new ride..This would be the cheapest, easiest option...