May locations with banter

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Oh ok, Ken is Judy's driver in 191.

Shadow, watch out for the shorts! :eek:

Lol I will send the co driver out first and wait for the all clear signal........lmao

Guido I was thinking along the same lines as you. I kept losing him on the phone but if we can get parts? I should be able to help him get that changed out!

guido4475

Not a Member
I think he said it is all 1 piece assembly, the driveshaft and carrier bearing.Havent talked to him yet today, only last night.It is grumbling like a vibration, so it sounds like a carrier bearing to me.Got a 12' SRW Ford gasser, 6'6" high inside,75" wide, roll-up door, side door, stand up from the front seats to the cargo area.Figured out how I can have a sleeper, without sacraficing the 12' space.Gotta put e-track on the floor, and move the front bulkhead back 48" and cut the opening out large nough to accomadate a third skid if needed, to slide in the sleeper.Bed will be removable to make this possible.Side door will make access easier.But these 2 things I need to do before I go into service with it.I have the e-track for the floor.Brought alot of tools from home to do this here at the shop, hopefully the weather is good to me.I need to keep this vehicle as light as posssible, eventually want to change the roll-up door to swing doors, will save me alot of weight as well.John, where is the light switch for the wash bay? lol...cant find it...

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I think he said it is all 1 piece assembly, the driveshaft and carrier bearing.Havent talked to him yet today, only last night.It is grumbling like a vibration, so it sounds like a carrier bearing to me.Got a 12' SRW Ford gasser, 6'6" high inside,75" wide, roll-up door, side door, stand up from the front seats to the cargo area.Figured out how I can have a sleeper, without sacraficing the 12' space.Gotta put e-track on the floor, and move the front bulkhead back 48" and cut the opening out large nough to accomadate a third skid if needed, to slide in the sleeper.Bed will be removable to make this possible.Side door will make access easier.But these 2 things I need to do before I go into service with it.I have the e-track for the floor.Brought alot of tools from home to do this here at the shop, hopefully the weather is good to me.I need to keep this vehicle as light as posssible, eventually want to change the roll-up door to swing doors, will save me alot of weight as well.John, where is the light switch for the wash bay? lol...cant find it...

Sounds nice I wish u all the best!
Just use your phone like a flash light you'll be fine...... Lol

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Whew!! Yea 192 is my old CV and it was in the Yard loaded for a delivery in the morning, but not to Laredo!! :)

Guido, Congrats on the new unit...Take a look in the Truck forum under the "stickies" on CV's there are a few pictures of the kind of setup you are talking about..the bulkhead moved back, but not a hole, just wall sections on the sides and a snap in canvas that covers the opening to allow the 3rd skid to slide into the sleeper area...

Hope Ken gets fixed with the minimum of expense....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Whew!! Yea 192 is my old CV and it was in the Yard loaded for a delivery in the morning, but not to Laredo!! :)

Guido, Congrats on the new unit...Take a look in the Truck forum under the "stickies" on CV's there are a few pictures of the kind of setup you are talking about..the bulkhead moved back, but not a hole, just wall sections on the sides and a snap in canvas that covers the opening to allow the 3rd skid to slide into the sleeper area...

Me too...this CFO takes her job seiously! *l*

He's done, shadow has the load and Ken's checked out where the dealer is and is checked into a motel for a well deserved rest!!!:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Minimum expense and sprinter in the same sentence?:eek:
Idles like crap, way too low sounds like it is going to stall out...not enough rpm for the AC to run right...in yet another room for the night...
Great to finally meet Shadow and his partner in crime...*lol*

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Idles like crap, way too low sounds like it is going to stall out...not enough rpm for the AC to run right...in yet another room for the night...

Ken,

Check engine light on??

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Juju, I sent you a pm. Please read or Ken, when you get a chance, give me a call.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

shadow7663

Expert Expediter

Well unloaded a while ago and talking to Jeremy and he saw nothing moving so now at the Family Garden..... Cheaper than idling....

Nice meeting u Ken. Juju I ate half the pickles in 157 miles......lol thanks for the pickles and I will get the jars back to you...... Going swimming now

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Nope..no light..I'd have thought if it were any EGR or something I'd trip the mass air sensor? or even a turbo problem?

Turbo problem shouldn't affect the idle. Sounds more like a fuel related issue. Injectors or fuel pump. Maybe even something simple like a restricted fuel filter. Did you notice excessive fuel use?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once it gets up to highway speed..it does its temper tantrum for about 3-4 minutes....real loud noise then it dies off and have no problems..lots of speed, no lack of acceleration even goes into overdrive on hills just fine...no smell of exhaust or fuel fumes in cab....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Morning dear...did ya just open your hood in the parking lot and invite everyone over? *l*

I hear you boys do that..:p