May locations with banter

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
The mud and taping is done...now Judy will do the sanding and painting when I return to work....She went and looked into new flooring (going to let the experts install) and I'll pick up new cabinets and counter top next time home..we picked out a new micro/convection under cabinet oven....does everything but the laundry...mucho bucks.....:eek:

Some of the landscaping got done....grass is cut..vans oil changed...now to get it ready for the road...restocked with pickles, still have about 40 jars! Dennis?

Who knows maybe I'll even get to buff out some of the rust spots....

You been busy! :)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Was sitting in KC, MO this orning figurin Id be here all weekend...then I read DieselDiva's post about the Westboro church folks goin to Joplin. She posted a facebook link from a Joplin group looking for help in clean up and a peaceful rally....

I called dispatch and talked to Mike Jr. He said it was dead, chances are will be till monday...So I told him I am heading to Joplin...told him I'd DH 300 miles for freight on my dime come tues...

Just bought a new pair of gloves and boots...guess it is time to "payback" God knows I have been helped in my life...with a long weekend ahead, i'll be there by 1500 and see where they can use me!!

Ill check back in with pics later next week...

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was sitting in KC, MO this orning figurin Id be here all weekend...then I read DieselDiva's post about the Westboro church folks goin to Joplin. She posted a facebook link from a Joplin group looking for help in clean up and a peaceful rally....

I called dispatch and talked to Mike Jr. He said it was dead, chances are will be till monday...So I told him I am heading to Joplin...told him I'd DH 300 miles for freight on my die come tues...

Just bought a new pair of gloves and boots...guess it is time to "payback" God knows I have been helped in my life...with a long weekend ahead, i'll be there by 1500 and see where they can use me!!

Ill check back in with pics later next week...

They could maybe need your van to transport goods around and whatever...

Great for you....creates good Karma...:D

Life is like take a little, give a little...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ok...got into joplin about 1345...went to the volunteer center at the local college and was told "Thanks, but NO Thanks"...well at least until monday maybe tues....seem they have shut the major areas of Joplin down because...barry is coming to town tomorrow...and people are not real happy...they have more then enough people to do what they want done now and are telling people to go out to the smaller communities on the outskirts of Joplin...so off to Duquesne I went....met a really nice police officer at the townhall that was 'in charge"...told him why i was there and he said, Thanks, But NO Thanks....they had 200 people there helping yesterday, today they have 2000 and no plan in place for that many....he did tell me to stop back Sunday around 1000 and see IF they are working tomorrow....

Now, i was thinkin maybe just stop and ask anyone that was working if they needed help....cant do that...you need to register and have ID and a special wristband or you can be arrested...looters are a problem....

I did help a crew of "tree cutters" (5 of them) get back to their trucks for the night, hauled them and their equipment, they were from St Louis and been here since weds and were heading home...took them 5 -6 mile down the road..lol back to the local college....

So I am at the Mall where the "rally" is suppose to be tomorrow and I'll stay here tonight and then head to Duquesne in the morning to see if I can be of help....and go from there....so if you get the idea to come here to help...DON'T...not until next week and i am sure they canuse you then....

guido4475

Not a Member
Arrived in Laredo about 4am, caught a few hours sleep and then made my delivery. Ran a short 1 mile load this afternoon and now have one picking up tomorrow afternoon delivering Tues. am in the windy city. Sweet week!

We passed each other on 40 Sunday...lol

guido4475

Not a Member
The mud and taping is done...now Judy will do the sanding and painting when I return to work....She went and looked into new flooring (going to let the experts install) and I'll pick up new cabinets and counter top next time home..we picked out a new micro/convection under cabinet oven....does everything but the laundry...mucho bucks.....:eek:

Some of the landscaping got done....grass is cut..vans oil changed...now to get it ready for the road...restocked with pickles, still have about 40 jars! Dennis?

Who knows maybe I'll even get to buff out some of the rust spots....

OH NO YOU DONT!!!! You will stay home till the house is completely done!! And so I can continue having the good weeks I am having! Dont think youre going to come out here and spoil it for me!!! lol.... :D

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Leaving my parents and heading back to Detroit. Off to the tigers game with all of Nicks.siblings this afternoon

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OH NO YOU DONT!!!! You will stay home till the house is completely done!! And so I can continue having the good weeks I am having! Dont think youre going to come out here and spoil it for me!!! lol.... :D

Leaving today for Rapid City....be at the dealer for 8am...
If the electric fan is shot I'll probably be there till at least Wed....then head east....I only have 1 way really to go east... my north east routes are closed due to flooding...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Happy Holiday everyone, enjoy, be safe, and remember the reason for this day; some gave all.

God Bless America!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
At the Pilot off I 44 in Joplin Mo...And I have 4 empty pickle jars ready to "exchange"....:D

Last edited by a moderator: