May locations with banter

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Wish we were earning what you are. The fuel prices are eating us alive. We are now making a third to half of what we earned in the last 1/2 of January through the middle of March. For that period we earned over $20,000 also, not now. But it will pick up. It is also a location thing. We don't turn loads down either, so some loads are better than others.

We are not O/O though. We pay all fuel and we get 60% of what is paid to the truck and all fuel surcharge. So actually not bad numbers, just not as good as they were. We don't pay any truck expenses besides fuel.
The above numbers were net to us.
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, gonna start outfitting. We have 2 11 year olds coming to visit on the 2nd for 10 days so won't get anything done then.

Those are some real nice numbers.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Just delivered in Wadsworth, OH, we were here at 9:30pm last night but facility was closed. The delivery time was scheduled for 3am. But were told by dipatch dosen't open till 8am. Then got a call at 4am telling us they open at 6am. So just delivered at 5:45am. All is good that ends well, lol.

Going to Oberlin, OH to get new steer tires on truck. Maybe if dispatch can get a short run we can deliver to Northern OH or Taylor, MI area. Still need to get large logo put on truck. Would be nice to be able to do that if we could today also. If not able to then we will DH home for the weekend to enjoy our family and friends for couple days.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Del early yesterday in Orlando,FL..my paid parking place has expired and have to move..I hope disp can work there magic and get me out of here or it could be a long weekend or long deadhead home...have not made up my mind yet on what to do...
Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got one..Winfield KS to Grandview Mo....if nothing comes late tonight or over the weekend, there is a great italian/pizza place north of KC to sit, eat and enjoy both the Indy 500 and the Nascar World 600 from Charlotte....:)

Anyone if there are any drivers running both races this yr??

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sitting in one of my favorite places [Spartanburg, SC], and just got a load picking up tomorrow, delivering in Sheffield Lake on Tuesday. Which means I will be pickanicking with the family on Monday - sweet. :)

Note to Mr Snappy: That TS in Orlando really bites - I find a big box [store] to park at instead.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Can I park my van in the back of your truck? :confused:

If you have ramps, no problem - I can haul a few extra tons, lol. And Highway Star hauled his cargo van in the back of his new S/T to get it home, so it's not like it hasn't been done before.
And you're welcome to the picnic, too, if you're halfway good at volleyball [or slingshotting various improvised items long distance]. :D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can I park my van in the back of your truck? :confused:

If you have ramps, no problem - I can haul a few extra tons, lol. And Highway Star hauled his cargo van in the back of his new S/T to get it home, so it's not like it hasn't been done before.
And you're welcome to the picnic, too, if you're halfway good at volleyball [or slingshotting various improvised items long distance]. :D

I was gonna do a Dukes of Hazzard :p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Grandview, Mo. Sittin at the Wal-mart in Martin city right now...the dock suoervisor that unload me and i stuck up a conversation about food and the long weekend...lol he invited me over to his place on sunday!!! I said while i appreciated it, i was thinking of spending monday at real good italian / pizza place i like and watching both races....he knew the place!!! He siad if he gets a chance i will stop in and have a slice of pizza with me...then he added if i like a good steak there was a place about 4-5 miles from their dock that had great steaks...so i might have steak again!! if not tonight , then if I am still here, sometime over the weekend....:D

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was sitting here in Florida not exactly the expedite hot spot of the USA..I was thinking I would not sit here all weekend and start home tonight.Then the phone rings and Kristie has me a load 70 miles away p/u at 2200 tonight with 2 stops..1ST stop in Atlanta and ready for this 2nd stop 80 miles from home in Earlanger,KY..and the rate out of Florida is amazing..I still can not get over what great dispatchers we have here.after 6 years of putting up with people that did not care about the driver...the first 6 months at Load 1 has been great and I am thankful..
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Arrived in Laredo about 4am, caught a few hours sleep and then made my delivery. Ran a short 1 mile load this afternoon and now have one picking up tomorrow afternoon delivering Tues. am in the windy city. Sweet week!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
mmmmm...meatloaf..:D...one of my fav's and I have to say mine is darn good, ain't it Xiggi ?!? Xiggi has had my meatloaf taters and gravy....:D...Think Ill put that on the menu the next time i am home and package it up for the truck frig...:D

Those were good eats, made my belly happy! :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
arrived in laredo about 4am, caught a few hours sleep and then made my delivery. Ran a short 1 mile load this afternoon and now have one picking up tomorrow afternoon delivering tues. Am in the windy city. Sweet week!
wtg.....:d

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Everyone have a great holiday weekend. Be safe and most of all please don't forget the reason for this long weekend.....

The men and women who served, all gave some, some gave all.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The mud and taping is done...now Judy will do the sanding and painting when I return to work....She went and looked into new flooring (going to let the experts install) and I'll pick up new cabinets and counter top next time home..we picked out a new micro/convection under cabinet oven....does everything but the laundry...mucho bucks.....:eek:

Some of the landscaping got done....grass is cut..vans oil changed...now to get it ready for the road...restocked with pickles, still have about 40 jars! Dennis?

Who knows maybe I'll even get to buff out some of the rust spots....