May locations with banter

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got to the Load 1 yard...looks like half the fleet is here..sitting number 12 on the board...giving me flash backs from my old carrier....disp well have there work cut out for them...any one want to go in on renting a apartment...LOL....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I was goin up to West Memphis strictly to get anything north of there...but...I stayed..Joe offered the other guy an empty move so he took off for Nashville....I'll stick here and see what happens..I was here last week and picked up in winfield and delivered to KC Mo...so we will see what happens...

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We ran a shorty this morning. Originally had an appointment to have the Large Logo put on truck at 8:30am this morning. Got a call last night for load that picked up in Bowling Green, OH @6:30am to deliver in Sterling Heights, MI by 10:00am. So we took that load and rescheduled the appt. Got tere about noon. The installer had us go to lunch first so he culd to lunch.
While on our way to deiver the load this morning, not sure if I made a huge mistake or not, but we turned down load going from Belleville, MI to South Carolina. But we decided to go ahead and turn it down, only because we have been trying for over a month and a half to get the large logo applied to our truck. So now we are official and have a large Load One logo on our truck.

We then decided to stay out of service until Wed. morning till about 10am. We made a Dr. appt. with Tracy's ear specalist here in Farmington Hills, MI. Tracy hasn't been hearing very well fo the past 2 months. We have been trying to get up here long enough to see Dr. for that long also. Tracy had ear surgery in September 2010. He had a bone replaced with a titatium one and had large tube put in the other ear that was supposed to last 4-6 years. But he had a sinus infection couple months ago and ears got plugged and have been ever since. So hopefully something can be done to correct the problem. I am getting very tired of yelling to talk, staying in birther while he has radio on, listening to a television from acrossed the house just so he can hear. He has offered a solution to MY problem. He has given me ear plugs, lol.

So currently parked in the Dr.'s office parking lot waiting for our 8:30am appointment. Hopefully no one will come and ask us to move tonight. Parking lot is lined by trees so we shouldn't have problems.

Then back to work in the morning. Got laundry done while at the yard this evening.

You know the only thing wrong, that I can find any way, with Load One facilities, is it isn't very female friendly, the way the bathrooms are arranged. If you are in the lounge, you have to go downstairs then go back up stairs in another section of the building in order to use the restroom. Guess you can't have everything. LOL

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We ran a shorty this morning. Originally had an appointment to have the Large Logo put on truck at 8:30am this morning. Got a call last night for load that picked up in Bowling Green, OH @6:30am to deliver in Sterling Heights, MI by 10:00am. So we took that load and rescheduled the appt. Got tere about noon. The installer had us go to lunch first so he culd to lunch.
While on our way to deiver the load this morning, not sure if I made a huge mistake or not, but we turned down load going from Belleville, MI to South Carolina. But we decided to go ahead and turn it down, only because we have been trying for over a month and a half to get the large logo applied to our truck. So now we are official and have a large Load One logo on our truck.

We then decided to stay out of service until Wed. morning till about 10am. We made a Dr. appt. with Tracy's ear specalist here in Farmington Hills, MI. Tracy hasn't been hearing very well fo the past 2 months. We have been trying to get up here long enough to see Dr. for that long also. Tracy had ear surgery in September 2010. He had a bone replaced with a titatium one and had large tube put in the other ear that was supposed to last 4-6 years. But he had a sinus infection couple months ago and ears got plugged and have been ever since. So hopefully something can be done to correct the problem. I am getting very tired of yelling to talk, staying in birther while he has radio on, listening to a television from acrossed the house just so he can hear. He has offered a solution to MY problem. He has given me ear plugs, lol.

So currently parked in the Dr.'s office parking lot waiting for our 8:30am appointment. Hopefully no one will come and ask us to move tonight. Parking lot is lined by trees so we shouldn't have problems.

Then back to work in the morning. Got laundry done while at the yard this evening.

You know the only thing wrong, that I can find any way, with Load One facilities, is it isn't very female friendly, the way the bathrooms are arranged. If you are in the lounge, you have to go downstairs then go back up stairs in another section of the building in order to use the restroom. Guess you can't have everything. LOL

My wife JuJu mentioned that to John as well....maybe if you gals keep hounding him he'll give in.....LOL.....better yet tell Greta and she'll bug him like only a wife can.....hahaha

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

People said they would like workout equipment. John was nice enough to start with the womens exercise course you should be thankful.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
The only bad part is if the door is locked upstairs and you can't get anyone on the phone :(

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
People said they would like workout equipment. John was nice enough to start with the womens exercise course you should be thankful.

That is what I was thinking as I made my 5th lap up and down the stairs tonight. Have a bladder problem you know. Given birth to 5 kids one being over 10 lbs. Plus drinking 2 cans of pop and 1/2 a bottle of water in 2.5 hours didn't help. lol.

But I deffinately got my work out tonight. LOL

guido4475

Not a Member
Those are the reasons I'm thinking of. Great minds think alike! Lol

I did the same thing, so It actually gave me a true 12' of floor space.And, yes, the seat can now recline, but I cannot sleep in it, no matter how I lay..Eventually I will build a bulkhead that will be sealed, but will also swing open to the walls like a set of saloon doors, for that 3 skid capacity.

guido4475

Not a Member
Empty in Memphis...ran down to the "J" in Olive Branch and "low and behold"...there is a Load 1 sprinter here...he has been here.....79 hours according to dispatch :eek:...no one is in it or they are napping...I guess as much as id rather not, I'll be heading up to West Memphis....:rolleyes:

Didnt you do a Mac 19? Just sayin':eek:

guido4475

Not a Member
Okay, before I go to bed, Had an awesome week last week, started out a little slow, and had me worried, as I need to improve on, but anyway,had several empty moves from Grand Island, Ne, eventually ending up in Chicago,(Thank you, John)where I got a load back to the office, and then,as if I should be surprised, Got a load from Saline on Fri, delivering to Laredo, on Tues...Awesome dispatch!But one thing I can say is this....this van does not like the wind at alll.....all over the place...the whole way down here....maybe airtabs will help.Really hot down here, but the a/c is doing wonderful, considering...And I just know dispatch will get me out of here in a timely manner.Too hot to do anything else but sleep during the day...112 yesterday.but, it is a dry heat....lol..and, close to this up north as well.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
That is what I was thinking as I made my 5th lap up and down the stairs tonight. Have a bladder problem you know. Given birth to 5 kids one being over 10 lbs. Plus drinking 2 cans of pop and 1/2 a bottle of water in 2.5 hours didn't help. lol.

But I deffinately got my work out tonight. LOL

Heck...use the men's room...it's closer and your hubby can stand guard..

I agree though..like Jenny said...if it's locked and no one answers the phone that is a problem..

JOHN>>>time for that ladies room ...pullllllllllease? :)

Or at least make the men's room a unisex room...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

I agree though..like Jenny said...if it's locked and no one answers the phone that is a problem..

This is a lot tougher project than it sounds. First problem is making the bathroom unisex; our guys are not as neat as men should be. I have to have paper towel fished out of the urinals every week (year really). I would add another bathroom but it would be VERY expensive. The floors here are thick solid concrete and you have to cut thru them and try and connect to another drain run to make it work. Or you have to back up the wall to another bathroom. In hindsight, I should have turned the shower/laundry room into a ladies room. That would have been easy to do. But, then I would have the no shower room problem. :eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is a lot tougher project than it sounds. First problem is making the bathroom unisex; our guys are not as neat as men should be. I have to have paper towel fished out of the urinals every week (year really). I would add another bathroom but it would be VERY expensive. The floors here are thick solid concrete and you have to cut thru them and try and connect to another drain run to make it work. Or you have to back up the wall to another bathroom. In hindsight, I should have turned the shower/laundry room into a ladies room. That would have been easy to do. But, then I would have the no shower room problem. :eek:

Women don't use the urinal John....lol

Maybe a lock on the mens room as a cheap option....in case dispatch does not answer the phone?

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

Oh John..we are well aware of what men can do to the bathrooms...*l*..

But when you gotta go..you gotta go...Unisex wouldn't cost you any more..well maybe for a sign that it's unisex and maybe the guys would "clean up" their act if they knew their spouses would be using the facilities..ask your wife what she'd do...I know she'd have an opinion..:)

guido4475

Not a Member

Just put a doorway from the drivers lounge into the upstairs kitchen...I've got a sawzall! We could do this during the weekend!....:eek: