MAY LOCATIONS Mayday Mayday Mayday

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Regardless they have to be some sort of company making aftermarket seats, in a decent price range

Check with the auto upholstery place, some might be able to redo the padding and modify the seat. Hey, they might be able to add the sound system too.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
If someone could afford the Bose ride system in a van they can afford any adaptions needed. Honestly sounds like overkill for a van or sprinter.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

The company is called oregonaero. Best investment I have ever made.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sweet I'll be looking into that Oregon aero company...few more hours till I'm in Memphis..gonna have plantey time to kill. Nothing pre dispatched so far outta there

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
In a few hours I'll be in laredo. Anybody there? After I deliver I will stop to say hello, a shower and a nap and slowly heading out. Dont feel like wayting a week.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now I'm in Fort Smith van broke down transmission problem..It did something I never seen before, it will go thru the PRND but I don't have R or D. That is if it sits for awhile it will go into drive and with in 50 feet it goes into neutral.. I'm at the Dodge dealer in Fort Smith and they might get to it tomorrow (I hope).. It can either be something simple or a new Trans... 369K on the vehicle.

First time ever that I've broken down under a load both big trucks and this van and I've been with Landstar since 1996

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now I'm in Fort Smith van broke down transmission problem..It did something I never seen before, it will go thru the PRND but I don't have R or D. That is if it sits for awhile it will go into drive and with in 50 feet it goes into neutral.. I'm at the Dodge dealer in Fort Smith and they might get to it tomorrow (I hope).. It can either be something simple or a new Trans... 369K on the vehicle.

First time ever that I've broken down under a load both big trucks and this van and I've been with Landstar since 1996

Sorry to hear that. Breaking down anytime is a pain, under load is twice as bad.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Empty in Vincennes, gonna ease up to Indy, and from there most likely home for some repairs before I get stranded out here.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone knows if you can put an aftermarket seat in a cargo van / sprinter? I would do the Bose ride system if I knew it would fit
Most conversion vans have after market "Captains" seats. I sat in a Pro Master and there should be enough space between the driver's seat and the door to accommodate a seat with armrests on both sides. Flexsteel makes seats for vans as do other manufacturers.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Most conversion vans have after market "Captains" seats. I sat in a Pro Master and there should be enough space between the driver's seat and the door to accommodate a seat with armrests on both sides. Flexsteel makes seats for vans as do other manufacturers.

I put one in my cargo van, found it in the 'Scratch & Dent' section of someplace in Indiana, where they do a lot of conversion van work. The seats fit on the base already in the van, not sure about a Sprinter. They were kind of surprised that I wanted to pick it up instead of shipping it, but it saved a few bucks, they're not real light. Google 'conversion vans', there's a bunch in Indiana.
I have an OregonAero seat cushion, too, and think they're overrated, myself, but to each his own.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
In west Memphis Arkansas....hoping to catch a load going back towards Chicago....for now time to enjoy some sleep in not the greatest neighborhood. Right next to southland games and racing...

runninngunnin

Rookie Expediter
d/h home (Gatlinburg, TN) from Talladega, yesterday. Been running with no a/c all year. Alabama did me in. Got the a/c repaired this morning. Waiting on a load all day... Still waiting.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
New Castle Delaware - Afton Minnesota! 4 hours to go and it's nap time!

Sent from my flying circus ....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

If its a Sprinter....sounds like tranny time for you...you are in the window at which they fail.....

Silverstar rebuilt trans are great, 2,000$ plus core charge they will drop ship....100% factory warranty...check em out

Last edited:

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Commeee on Memphis let me get a load.....I can't never sleep in.

They said early bird gets the worm.

Where's my worm?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flying under the radar in Toledo , Oh.....wish my company owner would buy me something besides hotdogs ......:p

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app