MAY LOCATIONS Mayday Mayday Mayday

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At home yet in Iowa ....so went in for Quick check up at Doctors office ....Bp 126 over 76 ... works for me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is how I feel about my shorts wear them once never live it down LOL

The OVM/shorts combo will never be forgotten.
1988d1280240241-ovm-tspohio44-fashion-show-expo-2010-ovm-modeling.jpg

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't really know a lot on the load bidding process, but you would think that out of 6 load offers, they could sell one of them.

Undisputed King of Short Runs.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I don't really know a lot on the load bidding process, but you would think that out of 6 load offers, they could sell one of them.

Nope. Doesn't always work that way. We've bid 10-20 times on loads for the same truck and lost them all.
Not all expedite bid loads stay on the ground as an expedite. Could go LTL, could go air freight.
But one very large factor is the desired margin for the company. The amount that is marked up over your pay is a huge factor in whether or not that bid is competitive enough for it to be considered.
It's difficult, to say the least.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope. Doesn't always work that way. We've bid 10-20 times on loads for the same truck and lost them all.
Not all expedite bid loads stay on the ground as an expedite. Could go LTL, could go air freight.
But one very large factor is the desired margin for the company. The amount that is marked up over your pay is a huge factor in whether or not that bid is competitive enough for it to be considered.
It's difficult, to say the least.

Well that sheds some light on it, I'll have to tell them they need to cut their part of the rate..... Yea right!

Undisputed King of Short Runs.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Well that sheds some light on it, I'll have to tell them they need to cut their part of the rate..... Yea right!

The hardest thing to do is to "own up" to the rates "the market will bear" in this business. We all KNOW all these trucks and loads are worth more to us. But we all also know it's only worth what someone will pay. Or CAN pay in this case. Many times there are too many layers between the truck and the first customer in line. The pie didn't get smaller, rather, we have more hungry peeps pulling up to the table for a slice.
It's not going to go away, people.
IMHO.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Muscatine Iowa to Newark De.... Just settled in the Elkton Md flying J for some ZZZzzzs !

Sent from my flying circus ....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now heading to an Iowa fishing hole....load 8 am to Detroit. ...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Nap now at pick here in Goshen.
Should load at 23:59. Then prob DH home from drop in the morning. Seymour hasn't been "hot" in a year. If ever. LOL!!
Nite all.