May Banter, Locations and ????

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Im at the shipper waiting to get loaded. I had the front tires replaced on the van today. The OEMs lasted for 24,000 miles. They had plenty of tread on them, but the driver side tire was getting bad fast. I could feel all kinds of cupping in it when I would run my hand around it. It started and got worse really fast. I just wasnt comfortable with 'em.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well did anyone get out of el paso today. Looking like we may not be done til in the morning. Had them go ahead and put news hoses, belts and thermostats in it while it was apart. Waitin for the yey or net phone call around 5 for the verdict.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know a Sprinter did in the middle of the night.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

mss1963

Expert Expediter
Well did anyone get out of el paso today. Looking like we may not be done til in the morning. Had them go ahead and put news hoses, belts and thermostats in it while it was apart. Waitin for the yey or net phone call around 5 for the verdict.
Still #2 here and I see there are no sprinters left here....Mabey Tomorrow!

guido4475

Not a Member
Went to the expedite seminar that Nick and Jenny were speaking at this evening! Awesome job, real informative.Saw a few faces from many years ago there as well.Glad I went.You never stop learning.

Really hoping for that big mile load on Friday!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good Morning all....While at the EO University seminar in Monroe Mich last evening, Frankie called with a load for close to there goin to further away down there...at the shippers now..

mss1963

Expert Expediter
Sitting in El Paso #2, Just having my 1st cup of coffee..Going to be 94 today, Would like to thank the Boss man for having a generator and stand alone A.C. on this unit sure make's it comfortable...Hopefully get loaded today! you all be safe out there.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Learning the OVM method! Picked up 3 miles away, headed to Jacksonville, IL.

:)

Dale

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Hope others are in my boat as well. This week was sterling, and it's not even over. Holding down Lafayette, IN.

eb

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I have you all beat!

55 deadhead for 96 loaded!!!! Pays $118 !!! Now that is Dollas!! :D

I really wish I could think a little more clearly when I get woke up with a load offer...lol. To top it off, 1/2 mile from the shipper and it dry ran....then 10 miles away, turned me back to go get it after all.

Did somebody say there is wart or 2 at Loadone?

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I have you all beat!

55 deadhead for 96 loaded!!!! Pays $118 !!! Now that is Dollas!! :D

I really wish I could think a little more clearly when I get woke up with a load offer...lol. To top it off, 1/2 mile from the shipper and it dry ran....then 10 miles away, turned me back to go get it after all.

Did somebody say there is wart or 2 at Loadone?

Reminder for Ken...get some Freezing stuff for Rocketman's head to be applied liberally to brain cells in the morning...*LOL*

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hope others are in my boat as well. This week was sterling, and it's not even over. Holding down Lafayette, IN.

Truck is Sterling [:p], the week so far, not so much. 1 load, < 250 miles. I'm not whining - was offered a great one yesterday, [Iowa to Tx] that we didn't get, and that says dispatch is trying, it's not their fault the customers aren't cooperating, lol.
If the alternative is cheap stuff, I'd rather wait.

eb

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Reminder for Ken...get some Freezing stuff for Rocketman's head to be applied liberally to brain cells in the morning...*LOL*

It was obviously my fault. They offered and I accepted without asking any questions. Im just way to quick to trust that dispatch will charge the customer a rate that I think is fair for a short load. Its not like L1 profited anything from it either...maybe 30 bucks.

I'll leave it at that. Sorry for the rant.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It was obviously my fault. They offered and I accepted without asking any questions. Im just way to quick to trust that dispatch will charge the customer a rate that I think is fair for a short load. Its not like L1 profited anything from it either...maybe 30 bucks.

I'll leave it at that. Sorry for the rant.

Some customers we do well on the long ones, but the tariffs on the shortys.......not so much.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Unloaded in Berea and ran down to the Wally World and went to bed...Dispatch called and i took what i heard ...had an issue once it came over, so after a call I told them totake me off the run...it was a real good rate for the miles, but there was an issue....

So after I cooled down, I called back and asked if they had gotten covered, they had turned it back, (we were running it for another carrier....I apologied to the dispatcher and told him to try and get it back and I'd run it....took a little bit of time, but I am on my way to "over there, goin to down there..."

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chef and Rocket I think its national brain dead day at load one.

Here was my brilliant move today. I get up early for an oil change, about 10:30 laid back down to finish sleeping. A couple hours later dispatch calls and asks if I am interested in a hoptown delivering Monday. I said no thanks and dispatch says we might be able to get you an extra one. In my half awake daze I say no I dont want the Monday thing to screw up the rest of my week.

I go ahead and get up and and checking email, all the sudden, ding,.ding,.ding. You idiot it's Friday not Thursday! It was already about 15 minutes since dispatch had called but I called in and told them I realized what I had done. Said I know the load is probably gone but just wanted them to know my brain was working now and I should have said yes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums