March @ team Load One

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That wouldn't be fair... to be offered 240 miles @ $0.60 per mile, BUT you also have to run 120 miles empty to get it??? If you refuse to run it at a total of $0.40 per mile you have your hours reset???

Let's ALL stop pretending unloaded miles don't cost real money to run!!! That will bankrupt us!

Tonight's feature film ;)

Deadhead Miles.jpg

Reactions: scottm4211

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Good morning and Happy Easter to everyone!
I'm not clear on what you meant to say. Are you saying good morning because it's Easter or Happy Easter because it's a good morning? And who is everyone you take about. Is it everyone in the whole wide world or everyone who reads here?
Too soon!
It's not even too soon, it's trying too hard. There is no "because" in the sentiments stated. The motivations for giving them are both irrelevant and obvious to anyone even casually familiar with social conventions, but even if you need to find out the "because" of the sentiments it does not change the meaning of those sentiments. Same holds true for the target of the sentiments, as the target of a writer is always solely limited that of a reader. :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It's not even too soon, it's trying too hard. There is no "because" in the sentiments stated. The motivations for giving them are both irrelevant and obvious to anyone even casually familiar with social conventions, but even if you need to find out the "because" of the sentiments it does not change the meaning of those sentiments. Same holds true for the target of the sentiments, as the target of a writer is always solely limited that of a reader. :D

I am going to make turtle my speech writer.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
OK, for some reason when I hit the post button it didn't go through. Now at the consignee getting a nap in.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
To clarify Turtle's very valid question. After deep consultation with a blue ribbon committee....the turn down "reset" threshold is based on all miles.
Thank you. That's good to know, and somewhat of a pleasant surprise.

But we're only half way there. we still don't know exactly what the threshold is. Is it $1.05 slash $0.60 and below, or is it $1.04 slash $0.59 and below?