March @ team Load One

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I look at something like that as more of a penalty than a tool. Especially if a area is saturated with trucks.

Don't see how it's a penalty, something has to be in place so that someone can't just sit at the top of the board and cherry pick till they get the load offer they want.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I completely missed it. I still don't know if the threshold for not having your hours reset is .60/1.05 and lower, or if it is actually .59/1.04 and lower. It at least seems clear enough that if I, in a Sprinter, turn down a load at 61 cents that my hours will definitely be reset. And it seems, apparently, that if I turn down a load at 59 cents my hours will not be reset.

What I don't know, however, is what happens if I turn down a load at 60 cents.

And I still don't know if that's for the loaded-miles or all-miles.

If someone would be so kind as to PM me or post the link to the Post # where these questions have been explicitly answered, I would be ever so grateful.

As for being happy or sad with the change, I'm utterly indifferent. I turn down very few loads, and those I do turn down I have a very good reason for doing so. Having my hours reset is not a factor in those decisions. Having my hours reset played perhaps as much as a .03% factor back when we got layover pay, but it's emotionally irrelevant at this point. I can recall one time turning down a load knowing full well that I was giving up layover pay. The important thing about that, however, is the fact that I knew precisely the consequences of my decision, because I knew precisely the rules of the game. All I wanna do with this threshold change is to know precisely what it is, so that I will know precisely the consequences of my decisions.

Not knowing makes me sad. Knowing makes me happy.

Seem a little like making mountains out of mole hills.

John and the rest group work hard to get the most amount money for a load. Yet, how do we thank them for that. How do we thank them for being open and honest, spending hours on social media and in person answering our questions. How by writing paragraphs about a penny.

My understanding this was meant as something easy to help, and it's turned into this

Sorry,
Just my 2 cents worth

Reactions: scottm4211

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Don't see how it's a penalty, something has to be in place so that someone can't just sit at the top of the board and cherry pick till they get the load offer they want.

I don't follow that line of thinking. It would be a penalty if being ask to run a load at a loss, or in a saturated area of trucks, you go behind everyone. Thus, a penalty of run at a loss, or potentially waste a day or three. Don't know anything about mileage caps. First I have heard of it. Maybe something new? We have got knocked I believe for load turndowns under 400. If that is the number?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

John and the rest group work hard to get the most amount money for a load. Yet, how do we thank them for that. How do we thank them for being open and honest, spending hours on social media and in person answering our questions. How by writing paragraphs about a penny.

My understanding this was meant as something easy to help, and it's turned into this

Sorry,
Just my 2 cents worth

It is tough on anyone running a business. The tighter the margins get, the more microscopic people will be. That is really for any business. It really isn't a personal thing. At least for me anyway. More of following the numbers.

Reactions: JENNANDDUSTY

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My turn down rate has increased somewhat. Low rates, hold over freight with lose of bed. Short miles that would put me at the bottom of the pile. Setting a lower rate
has never been part of why I turn down loads. Even if it was .90 per mile, if the load will not work for me then I turn it down. Never worried about reset of hours. I find it funny at times. I'm number one of two, I turn a load down, hours reset, offer goes to number two, if he takes it or turns it down I'm number one again.
Don't read so much into this. Take the load or not. I know with lay over pay I turned down fewer loads. But now, well what have I lost.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even after reading all the insightful analysis of the qualcomm message, I still have know idea what it is all actually meaning to the truck....

Reactions: Rick007

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok let's do this...pretend it never got sent out. You guys do the same as what you are doing. Nothing changed and you just won't get your hours reset sometimes when you turn down a load!

I am a problem solver.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Uhm, no.

What is it, exactly, that you think I'm all bent out of shape about? You think I'm mad because my hours won't be reset if I turn down a low paying load? Is that what you think? My paragraphs are not about a penny, they are about getting a plain English straightforward answer to some plain English straightforward questions. It's about getting basic information with which to use in making an informed decision.

Even after reading all the insightful analysis of the qualcomm message, I still have know idea what it is all actually meaning to the truck....
Astonishing, isn't it? As best as I can figure it, we're gonna get a break when turning down a really low paying load. At what rate that might be, I really don't know. But it's a good thing that we're not getting our hours reset when the rates are really low.

Ok let's do this...pretend it never got sent out. You guys do the same as what you are doing. Nothing changed and you just won't get your hours reset sometimes when you turn down a load!
So now it's just an unknown roll of the dice as to whether our hours get reset when turning down a load? Are you firggin' kidding me? We're operating on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle now?

Why is it so hard to type "Your hours will not be reset if the load pays [x] or less."?

Why is it do hard to type "That threshold rate is for loaded [or all] miles."?

That's all that's being asked here, To my mind, these are extraordinarily simple questions which require extraordinarily simply answers. If these questions are too difficult or if I am asking too much, just say so and I'll never speak of it again.

Reactions: Rick007

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Mileage limits? What mileage limits? We have mileage limits now, too? Wait. What? The QC message about the threshold didn't mention mileage limits at all. Does this mean the hours reset threshold becomes null and void if the miles are above or below a certain limit? Or did you now just bring up something totally and completely different from the rate threshold?

No, the mileage limits that were quoted for affecting your layover pay. Sorry i should have made that clear and it doesnt pertain to sprinters types since you dont get layover !!

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Don't read so much into this. Take the load or not.
I don't care whether my hours are reset or not. I really don't. I'm fully aware that getting me loaded is in the best interest of Load One. All I'm asking for is clarification to a QC message that made little sense unless you were the one who sent it. I learned a long time ago that if there's something in this business that you don't understand but are expected to be knowledgeable about, to remain ignorant about it is to risk your own peril.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't care whether my hours are reset or not. I really don't. I'm fully aware that getting me loaded is in the best interest of Load One. All I'm asking for is clarification to a QC message that made little sense unless you were the one who sent it. I learned a long time ago that if there's something in this business that you don't understand but are expected to be knowledgeable about, to remain ignorant about it is to risk your own peril.
Have you emailed the person who sent the message?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Have you emailed the person who sent the message?
I have not. The timing of this discussion yesterday was such that it would have meant emailing him after 5PM on Friday, which wouldn't yield an answer until Monday, and since John already said he'd get with Ops on Monday for clarification, it made little sense to email him about it.

Hopefully now we have clarification on all points !!
Seriously? The only thing we've clarified is that mileage limits have nothing to do with the QC message.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Seriously? The only thing we've clarified is that mileage limits have nothing to do with the QC message.

For what its worth, The rates i quoted, i am pretty darn sure are correct and that is figured on loaded miles.

I did state that anything @ 1.05 or .60 or above will reset your hours, figured on loaded miles.