Looking for Company to lease me on

GaTrucker

Seasoned Expediter
I have a 12 ft cube van with built in living quaters behind the front seats.I still have 8 ft cargo space & can haul a little over 3000 lbs.It's a 2006 3500 series 10,000 gvw Chevy with roll up door.I'm located in the middle Ga area.Husband & wife team with over 35 years in the trucking industry just want to make a change.Any info greatly appreciated.:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
This site has a list on the front page on the right side of what is called "5 star" carriers....I'd start by calling their recruitind depts and tell them they type of truck you are looking to use and see which will even put it on....

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I have a 12 ft cube van with built in living quaters behind the front seats.I still have 8 ft cargo space & can haul a little over 3000 lbs.It's a 2006 3500 series 10,000 gvw Chevy with roll up door.I'm located in the middle Ga area.Husband & wife team with over 35 years in the trucking industry just want to make a change.Any info greatly appreciated.:)

Try Load One as they will be opening a office in Greenville, SC soon. John is a great guy to work for and tells it like it is.

Hitch

Seasoned Expediter
This sleeper is DOT approved.You enter between the front seats & it has a bed,a/c,tv, computer & table.This was profesionally built by a carpenter & looks factory.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Get the truck weighed to see if you can actually get 3000 on it with all your stuff and you in it.

guido4475

Not a Member

Not trying to burst youre bubble here,but a close freind of mine has the identical truck, with a 6.0 gas engine in it, and his weighs at 9,000 # empty weight, with a light weight sleeper in it, leaving him with a 1,000# load capacity weigh limit.So are you absolutely sure you can haul 3,000 # with it legally? Michigan pulled his driver over in this truck and put it on the portable scales on Telegraph rd and shut him down, plus a ton of citations. He now has it for sale, and nobody wants it, because of the low gvw for such a heavy empty weight vehicle.Just trying to save you some un-expected heartache in the future.If it is space you want for you and youre wife, maybe a single rear wheel drive spartan body would better suit youre needs.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Look up DTH Expediters out of the Atlanta area. They move a lot of freight in and out of that area, and all over the country. Regardless, as a team you won't have any trouble finding a home just look for a good fit for the way you like to do business(read: the larger companys will babysit way too much for an old salt like yourself.)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know guido, with all these posts about this issue on box vans, it seems no one reads them.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Not trying to burst youre bubble here,but a close freind of mine has the identical truck, with a 6.0 gas engine in it, and his weighs at 9,000 # empty weight, with a light weight sleeper in it, leaving him with a 1,000# load capacity weigh limit.So are you absolutely sure you can haul 3,000 # with it legally? Michigan pulled his driver over in this truck and put it on the portable scales on Telegraph rd and shut him down, plus a ton of citations. He now has it for sale, and nobody wants it, because of the low gvw for such a heavy empty weight vehicle.Just trying to save you some un-expected heartache in the future.If it is space you want for you and youre wife, maybe a single rear wheel drive spartan body would better suit youre needs.

Seems a classic tale of trying to screw the pooch. Why not just run a cargo van, or, get something that can provide all the creature comforts ya want, haul the freight needed......and log like yer sposta. You know, "lets not complicate the simple".

guido4475

Not a Member
You know guido, with all these posts about this issue on box vans, it seems no one reads them.

I know, it is like trying to reason with a drunk person in a bar sometimes....

Uh-Oh...I think I was just being smug here..lol.

Last edited:

bobwg

Expert Expediter

I agree take your box/cube van to a Cat scale and get your empty weight with you and all your stuff in it so you can be sure what you can haul and not be over weight, then check out all the companies that advertise on here I have been with Landstar Express almost a year so far like it here

Hitch

Seasoned Expediter
Truck full of gas,generator full,clothes for a week & it weighed 7440 leaving me a balance 2560 from 10,000 on cat scales.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Truck full of gas,generator full,clothes for a week & it weighed 7440 leaving me a balance 2560 from 10,000 on cat scales.
Hitch, can you provide more information? Chassis manufacturer, SRW or DRW, engine, box manufacturer, box length etc.

I have a 12 ft cube van with built in living quaters behind the front seats.I still have 8 ft cargo space & can haul a little over 3000 lbs.It's a 2006 3500 series 10,000 gvw Chevy with roll up door.:)
GaTrucker, who manufactured your box? Single rear wheels? 6.0 engine?