Load1 Location and banter accepted

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL - Oh a sardine can gotcha ROFL :D

I thought you knew we were in a Sprinter :p

correct either term....never knew you were a sprinter...hmmm

Joe (dispatch) wanted me to move closer to Chicago...sure no problem..no snow in Walcott...go 5 miles hit a wall of snow...stopped at the J...went a whole 9 miles...lol

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Not sure about the Holiday Inn thing but if anyone finds out let me know. The Kohler one I ordered showed a higher gallon per hour flow. I will return it if we can get the beloved "TA" shower head! LOL.

Day one they already removed everything in the room. I mean the drywall, the divider wall, the shower, the vanity, I mean everything is gone! Bare bones in 8 hours, two weeks to put back together, lol.

New shower will be a walk in tile shower. Much larger than the old one. The whole shower room is going to be a bit bigger. Should be really nice when it is done. Washer and dryer have been ordered and will be there free of charge for everyone. Need to make sure you guys have "he soap" (high efficiency) as it is a front loader. I will check if the vending machine people can put little boxes of it in the vending machines.

Ok, what are the thoughts on towels??? Do I get company towels or does everyone carry their own?

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions let me know pretty quick and we can try to incorporate them.

It all sounds great and I agree with Ken, most of us carry towels. Don't think you should absorb the expense because they will disappear.

The two things I would suggest concerns the floor. I assume it will be tile. Given it's winter, sloppy, etc. Maybe something to wipe boots, shoes on before you go into the shower room. Then a disposable mat to stand on after you get out of the shower to keep the floor dry. I imagine everyone has shower shoes, and they hold water. The person following you finds a wet floor to contend with. Up to now, I've been standing on my dirty t-shirts.

An available mop wouldn't be a bad idea either if the majority are courteous enough to use it.

guido4475

Not a Member
Let's talk about placement of the toilet paper dispenser.

Why does it seem, that most contractors feel the need to mount them a foot from the floor? So when you need to use the dispenser, youre head and face is like eye-level with the toilet...I never could figure that one out..

As far as the towels go, that is so thoughtful, but after all that you are doing,I'm sure we could use our own.I carry 4 for use at the Ohio turnpike rest areas.They are free, and really quite nice, but the floor is real slippery if not covered by a towel.

Then there's the toilet itself-Why do so many places get the kiddie height toilets? As people get older, and larger,it is much more difficult to get up from one of those news-paper reading devices...Please, no padded seat, as they only tend to stick to a persons butt upon getting up..lol.

John, thank you so much for taking our needs into consideration, not only for this, but for everything.

Going back to sleep now.

guido4475

Not a Member
Plumbingworld.com has the 6" bell shower heads that are similar to what the T/A uses..a little pricey, though..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
correct either term....never knew you were a sprinter...hmmm

Joe (dispatch) wanted me to move closer to Chicago...sure no problem..no snow in Walcott...go 5 miles hit a wall of snow...stopped at the J...went a whole 9 miles...lol

STILL snowing here in Davenport..and this is where I'll stay till either a load or the roads clear up...which ever comes first...I don't drive in this crap for free...:D

Just talked with Mike in dispatch....told him of weather and road conditions...so they don't try to chase me too far..and besides Chef needs the loads.;).he's in the Chicago area...lol

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Let's talk about placement of the toilet paper dispenser.

Why does it seem, that most contractors feel the need to mount them a foot from the floor? So when you need to use the dispenser, youre head and face is like eye-level with the toilet...I never could figure that one out..

As far as the towels go, that is so thoughtful, but after all that you are doing,I'm sure we could use our own.I carry 4 for use at the Ohio turnpike rest areas.They are free, and really quite nice, but the floor is real slippery if not covered by a towel.

Then there's the toilet itself-Why do so many places get the kiddie height toilets? As people get older, and larger,it is much more difficult to get up from one of those news-paper reading devices...Please, no padded seat, as they only tend to stick to a persons butt upon getting up..lol.

John, thank you so much for taking our needs into consideration, not only for this, but for everything.

Going back to sleep now.

Americans with disabilities act or ADA is why you see that stuff. That is why the drinking fountains are 18 inches off the ground as well.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It all sounds great and I agree with Ken, most of us carry towels. Don't think you should absorb the expense because they will disappear.

The two things I would suggest concerns the floor. I assume it will be tile. Given it's winter, sloppy, etc. Maybe something to wipe boots, shoes on before you go into the shower room. Then a disposable mat to stand on after you get out of the shower to keep the floor dry. I imagine everyone has shower shoes, and they hold water. The person following you finds a wet floor to contend with. Up to now, I've been standing on my dirty t-shirts.

An available mop wouldn't be a bad idea either if the majority are courteous enough to use it.

Yes, the floor, shower, walls, everything is tile. I have not seen the disposable mats that you are talking about. Let me know if you have any more details or if you by chance have a link online?

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yes, the floor, shower, walls, everything is tile. I have not seen the disposable mats that you are talking about. Let me know if you have any more details or if you by chance have a link online?

Found a couple of links for mats. I won't include the link for disposable nose pickers made by Fred. I was happily ignorant of such a product up to this point.:eek:

You might also check with Pilot. They include one with every shower, but they are not very absorbent.

Standard Issue Disposable Paper Bath Mats

Paper Bath Mats - Wholesale Disposable Spa | Discount Party Supplies - My Paper Shop

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good that you got loaded out of iowa!! But to be honest, you know i have made more then a few trips over there in the last few months and I have had good luck getting loaded out of there...There are a few customers in the davenport area that run down to burlington to Case....but goin to Tulsa is a nice run!!

As for the shower, if everything that is listed within the ADA (i know about that from when we remodeled the restroom at the auto garage I managed) the palce will be top notch...but then again, it will be in the Load 1 building where everything else and those that work there are also top notch...

It really is a good feeling working along side a great company and people..thanks John....

fortwayne

Not a Member
Company towels would be nice. Also, like it was said earlier, if we had some sort of spray down 'stuff' to clean up before and afterwards for the shower and sink that would help keep things clean - come one we need to give 'DAD' a break.....

Speaking of break......any plans to find room down the road for a 'small' driver lounge where when we are in the yard all day or nite we don't have to sit in our trucks?

Just asking. I'll provide the TV

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I also have a 26" tv that ill donate so that there can be 2 different sporting events goin at the same time!!! Hey I even have a wall hanger mounting braclet that ill donate also...if someone wants to install it!! I also have a goofy computer desk type thing that i'll donate....lets see what else do i have in the storage locker from when I closed the fitness center...hmmmm workout equipment....frig....a real desk...all kinds of free weights....benches....Hey John which bay in the shop do you want to set up a small drivers lounge and gym in!?!? I'll make you one heck of a deal on a complete small fitness center equipment...I have written it off as a business loss and it is now "personal property!!! :)

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
methinks you're assuming that none of the women will ever get their hands on the remote? :p

The remotes will only activate when used by those wearing the official Load 1 decoder ring with microchip technology.

These rings were obtained after an exhaustive search of Cracker Jack boxes. They were specially modified at the cost of millions of "dollas", and will be auctioned off at the dedication ceremony of the Load 1 Driver Resort/Spa.

See John for preferred access tickets to the auction. Proceeds from the ticket sales and auction will go towards the construction costs of the swimming pool next to the wash bay.

Good luck to all Bidders!!!!!!!