Load1 Location and banter accepted

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since we have become MANY....*LOL* and have overwhelmed the active common membership..maybe we should post here as well....any thoughts?

currently in Flora Ill but moving up to Effingham...

plans just changed...going to DH to chitown for a load to Laredo...:D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I wonder how it would be to wear shorts and eat pickles while sitting somewhere cool.....ahhhh the freedom to banter.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I wonder how it would be to wear shorts and eat pickles while sitting somewhere cool.....ahhhh the freedom to banter.

I have two of the three. Will have the pickles for dinner, and I can always shut off the heat. As for the aforementioned unmentionable clothing, wouldn't be caught dead in them.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Sure hope ya like them... and lord it does feel good to take a deep breath without someone punching ya in the gut...:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
snowing like beat all here...now in Monee Ill about 60 miles from pick up...Monday going to Laredo..1349 miles...
I seem to be in the right spot, right time with the right vehicle the last couple weeks while others are struggling....hope this weather clears off earlier then predicted or the first part of this run is going to be a nightmare...

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
snowing like beat all here...now in Monee Ill about 60 miles from pick up...Monday going to Laredo...direct...1349 miles...
I seem to be in the right spot, right time with the right vehicle the last couple weeks while others are struggling....hope this weather clears off earlier then predicted or the first part of this run is going to be a nightmare...

Sure am glad you're stopped for the night and hopefully the plows will be out before you on Monday...and I promise not to spend your paycheck ....yet....*LOL*

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Sure hope ya like them... and lord it does feel good to take a deep breath without someone punching ya in the gut...:D

Pickles were great. You'll have to explain what the other stuff is in there. I never had homemade before, so I assume it's in there for some reason.

Yup, I agree. They can't spoil the fun in here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pickles were great. You'll have to explain what the other stuff is in there. I never had homemade before, so I assume it's in there for some reason.

Yup, I agree. They can't spoil the fun in here.

The "weed" is dill...also grown in our garden....the dill as in Dill pickle...you can toss that now if ya want...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
never had homemade? wow...Ken's right..the dill is just the flavoring and it's done it's job. Have to wait about 6 weeks after I put them up to get the full flavor!

At least I didn't have to tell you how to open a mason jar... :D

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The "weed" is dill...also grown in our garden....the dill as in Dill pickle...you can toss that now if ya want...

Duh, should have figured that one out by myself. So the longer the dill is left in there the pickles will get more tangy?

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Duh, should have figured that one out by myself. So the longer the dill is left in there the pickles will get more tangy?

That tang comes from the vinegar...the taste comes from the dill and well...the salt is just that..a preservative...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think we have to make the moderator add Dakota as an honorary Load One poster! LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
John...Caryn got me this monster load for tomorrow..she is testing me again...*lol* She said I was one of a few drivers who can do long....I said thank you ma'am...*lol*

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
John...Caryn got me this monster load for tomorrow..she is testing me again...*lol* She said I was one of a few drivers who can do long....I said thank you ma'am...*lol*

You really think I am going to touch that one......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
wow 1664 miles to home....think I will have to fill in some space....

but then I did over 1700 when Express 1 tick me off...*lol*