Load1 Location and banter accepted

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Earlier Caryn started giving me a load and got half way thru her sales pitch..."it canceled go back to sleep"..*LOL*

Well while you've been sleeping I started on your new quilt..blue on one side and purple on the other side...got the hard part done with the cutting and the gluing the batting. It'll be about 80" wide and 84" long and it's the soft flannel like the smaller ones I made...hope ya like it!

guido4475

Not a Member
Hey a washer and dryer will be good for those that stay out and are far from home. Now the shower...John, see if you can get someone at TA to tell you where they get those great shower heads they have!! You install those, Ill shower at the yard before I go home!!! Those shower heads are great...I have asked at several TA's, but no one has been able to give me a name....LOL, I'd carry one of those and a small adjustable wrench to change the head at other places on a need to basis, and install one at home!!!!:D

And just think..some made fun ofme for admitting I carry around my own shower head and pliers for that reason..crappy shower heads with the water-saver in them..When I used to use the T/A, I rarely used them..But now, the Pilot showers require shower head changing.And my suction cup soap dish doesnt work well with the Pilot walls, their textured tile walls and all..Arent the T/A shower heads the same as that used by the holiday inn?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Not sure about the Holiday Inn thing but if anyone finds out let me know. The Kohler one I ordered showed a higher gallon per hour flow. I will return it if we can get the beloved "TA" shower head! LOL.

Day one they already removed everything in the room. I mean the drywall, the divider wall, the shower, the vanity, I mean everything is gone! Bare bones in 8 hours, two weeks to put back together, lol.

New shower will be a walk in tile shower. Much larger than the old one. The whole shower room is going to be a bit bigger. Should be really nice when it is done. Washer and dryer have been ordered and will be there free of charge for everyone. Need to make sure you guys have "he soap" (high efficiency) as it is a front loader. I will check if the vending machine people can put little boxes of it in the vending machines.

Ok, what are the thoughts on towels??? Do I get company towels or does everyone carry their own?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure about the Holiday Inn thing but if anyone finds out let me know. The Kohler one I ordered showed a higher gallon per hour flow. I will return it if we can get the beloved "TA" shower head! LOL.

Day one they already removed everything in the room. I mean the drywall, the divider wall, the shower, the vanity, I mean everything is gone! Bare bones in 8 hours, two weeks to put back together, lol.

New shower will be a walk in tile shower. Much larger than the old one. The whole shower room is going to be a bit bigger. Should be really nice when it is done. Washer and dryer have been ordered and will be there free of charge for everyone. Need to make sure you guys have "he soap" (high efficiency) as it is a front loader. I will check if the vending machine people can put little boxes of it in the vending machines.

Ok, what are the thoughts on towels??? Do I get company towels or does everyone carry their own?

Company towels? oh keep sakes ya mean...lol

A little over the top most of us carry our own....besides who'd be washing them company towels? you? lol

a good spray disinfectant would be good...some like to spray down after others....lots of hangers for the clothes...and a good exhaust fan...gee I could go on and on...lol..whats the budget?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter

This is all great news John - thank you

We personally do not carry our own towels - 'cos of drying the towels afterwards LOL :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well the exhaust fan will be a good one. I already covered that with my contractor. He does really nice work. We are putting a built in tile bench and a good solid clothes rack. Putting 4 sealed lights in the room. One in the shower, two outside of it, and one above the vanity. Should be nice and bright. The whole room will be tiled top to bottom. This should make it easy to keep nice and clean!

Hangers?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the exhaust fan will be a good one. I already covered that with my contractor. He does really nice work. We are putting a built in tile bench and a good solid clothes rack. Putting 4 sealed lights in the room. One in the shower, two outside of it, and one above the vanity. Should be nice and bright. The whole room will be tiled top to bottom. This should make it easy to keep nice and clean!

Hangers?

you know them wall knobbies...but the rack will do...

and soap dish in the shower and a shelf for the shampoo and conditioner....

hope this is heated...tile bench? OHHHHhhhh cold on the butt...lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
P.S. no I would not be washing the towels, lol. Probably my wife's dad. I am sure most of you have seen or met "dad" by now! He is the hardest working person at Load One!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions let me know pretty quick and we can try to incorporate them.