lawrence

transporter

Expert Expediter
hey lawrence i have a question for you. this year there have been several members complain about threads being lets say hijacted by other members.
could there be away that a thread starter could have any poster to his thread be moved whenever thread starter thought it wasnt relevant to his thread.
i ask this as an experiment. i personnally dont mind the occasional useless comments made by some members {myself included} but there are some that it bothers. and i guess i agree we dont need every thread with mostly useless banter.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Threads are always going to get hijacked, and people will always complain about it.

Now, when will we be able to edit and delete pictures we've uploaded to the gallery?

:D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Zak: when you think about it, giving every member the power to delete posts by anyone else is a baaaad idea, lol.:eek:
All we can do is speak up, because, well, that's all we can do.:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Man, I would really hate to sit around a campfire with some in here. Conversations ebb and flow. That is how it is in person and in chat. That is how life is. Sorry for being human. :(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Man, I would really hate to sit around a campfire with some in here.
No comment.
Conversations ebb and flow. That is how it is in person and in chat.
The point is that this isn't a 'chat room'!
Which doesn't mean chat should be forbidden, just kept to a reasonable degree.
Like the cut & paste wallpapering of the Soapbox awhile back, too much of nearly anything is neither good or helpful.
That is how life is. Sorry for being human. :(
No, you're not.:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh you can speak up...but leave out any reference to "shorts"

the speed readers get hung up on that word it would appear...:rolleyes:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Man, I would really hate to sit around a campfire with some in here. Conversations ebb and flow. That is how it is in person and in chat. That is how life is. Sorry for being human. :(

LOL

Consider this if you will ....

The political threads hardly ever go off topic, and if they do they go back to topic asap.

This morning I looked in on the Snow thread to see who was reporting snow and where, what did I get ?

Kangaroo steaks. :confused:

I looked in on the Load 1 thread and what did I get ? ....

Kangaroo steaks :confused:

Maybe there could be a thread just for chit chat on any and everything - just a thought :rolleyes:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

You know, I was think the same thing. Any conversation I have ever had with people goes out on tangents, that is normal in my opinion. How boing would it be if every conversation had to stay on topic:eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know, I was think the same thing. Any conversation I have ever had with people goes out on tangents, that is normal in my opinion. How boing would it be if every conversation had to stay on topic:eek:

VERY boring and far to robotic. :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

You've never met Cherii eh? shes real boing...*LOL*

transporter

Expert Expediter
i didnt say every member with that power.
lets say cheri starts a thread about which tire is best for her truck but somebody startes saying what a lousey company cheri works for. well cheri could have that post removed from her thread instantly.
thus giving each thread STARTER the ability to keep post in there thread germain to the subject.
alot of thread starters wont care thus we keep the banter.
i am not against the banter at all i am pro banter i better be considering how much i do. its just i can see the point of some.
we dont need every thread filled with banter and what i am starting to notice personal grudges by some.
but what do i know i am just a crazy hillbilly

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
LOL

Consider this if you will ....

The political threads hardly ever go off topic, and if they do they go back to topic asap.

This morning I looked in on the Snow thread to see who was reporting snow and where, what did I get ?

Kangaroo steaks. :confused:

I looked in on the Load 1 thread and what did I get ? ....

Kangaroo steaks :confused:

Maybe there could be a thread just for chit chat on any and everything - just a thought :rolleyes:

I like Kangaroo steaks, but they are hard to find here

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

can you count how many typos I have in here Transporter?