lawrence

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
hey lawrence i have a question for you. this year there have been several members complain about threads being lets say hijacted by other members.
could there be away that a thread starter could have any poster to his thread be moved whenever thread starter thought it wasnt relevant to his thread.
i ask this as an experiment. i personnally dont mind the occasional useless comments made by some members {myself included} but there are some that it bothers. and i guess i agree we dont need every thread with mostly useless banter.

Well, I'm going to guess this thread was for me? Maybe. ;)

The short answer to your question of "allowing thread creators to moderate their own threads", is no. For many obvious reasons.

The real secret behind keeping a thread on topic is for the thread creator to lead the way. He needs to be on it - right from the creation of the post. If not - the thread can be gone in two or three posts. Very much like this one. We could police and moderate each and every thread - but we have found over the years - organic ebb and flow is generally - not always but generally the best method to get and create information for the community.

Now, with that said - if you create a thread and find that it's purposefully hijacked and you have done your part to keep it on track - alert our moderators by "REPORT THIS POST" - that creates an alert for our moderators to view and address.
Every post has that tool - us it.

Next? :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
you would not believe some of the crap that comes in the VM box on that phone. Ever since the number was published by some "leaker", it has been rather daunting - the good thing is I don't pay the bill.

Was that a Wiki-Leaker? LOL!!! I sure hope that NO ONE ever posts my phone number. That is just a rude thing to do to say the least.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know, a long time ago, when I was married, and active with my church, the men of the church had a men's retreat one weekend to learn how to be better husbands.It was during the afternoon, the lesson turned on how to be more attentive to our wive's needs in the bedroom, as well.It was a tense and touchy moment, awkward was an understatement.The air was thick.Everyone was squirming in their seats.Then it happened.One of the elders of the church,A gray haired and very distinguished man did the unthinkable.

He ripped a fart.A loud one.

Sometimes we need the distractions to give us a breath of fresh air and return to the subject at hand,refreshed.A laugh is not a bad thing at all,sometimes some of us need to learn to do this more often.

The idea of "fun" has been forgotten by many these days to say the least.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
But she's a smart one...

got the cake balls in the freezer...how long do you leave them in> ..I used a spice cake with cream cheese frosting for the balls and intend to use a brown sugar frosting on them...

I'm not sure if you use frosting on the outside that it will work as well, that would be more like a cupcake, sounds good though
the recipe calls for confection coating that leaves a hard shell.

transporter

Expert Expediter
lawrence my point was to give some members the the ability to start a thread and keep it on tract. i personnally like the banter as previously stated. but since none of the ones that it bothers the most wont voice their thoughts, i am done.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
lawrence my point was to give some members the the ability to start a thread and keep it on tract. i personnally like the banter as previously stated. but since none of the ones that it bothers the most wont voice their thoughts, i am done.

..I answered that concern here:

The real secret behind keeping a thread on topic is for the thread creator to lead the way. He needs to be on it - right from the creation of the post. If not - the thread can be gone in two or three posts. Very much like this one. We could police and moderate each and every thread - but we have found over the years - organic ebb and flow is generally - not always but generally the best method to get and create information for the community.

Now, with that said - if you create a thread and find that it's purposefully hijacked and you have done your part to keep it on track - alert our moderators by "REPORT THIS POST" - that creates an alert for our moderators to view and address.
Every post has that tool - us it.