July 2010 Locations

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
NEVERMIND!!! THE FREAKIN SPRINTER ISN'T DONE...I JUST GOT OF THE PHONE WITH THE DEALER AND HE JUST HAD TO ORDER A COUPLE OF MORE PARTS FROM GERMANY...SO HE THEN TOLD ME THAT MEANS IT'S GONNA BE ANOTHER WEEK AN A HALF AT LEAST........:mad::mad::mad: NEVER BEEN THIS MAD IN MY LIFE...ANYONE NEED A TEAM DRIVER???I NEED TO MAKE MONEY SO BAD IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!I AM EXPRESS-1 QUALIFIED, SOLO SPRINTER WANNA TEAM FOR 2 WEEKS LEMME KNOW....THANKS:confused:

Ah, the angst and drama of Sprinter drivers. TJP... I am sorry to read of your bad luck. Are you willing to be placed in another Sprinter?

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im gonna stay with the sprinter I have...I wouldn't drive anything but a sprinter...But i will team with someone for the next 2 weeks if anyone would like??? An yes i'll be getting a grille guard soon...

stamp11127

Seasoned Expediter
TJP, have you inquired about the cost to expedite the parts shipment from Germany? I know it will be high but it would get you on the road quicker, your "spending" some of the cost by not producing income anyway.

transporter

Expert Expediter
sorry to hear that tj. you would think as long as sprinters have been in us theyed have a debot in us. to me mercedes is showing nothing but contempt for there us customers by not addressing this known problem.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Insurance doesn't pay for down time...It's just what i have to eat and swallow it rly sucks man...

If a dealer told me they needed to order more parts & would need another week or two, [after having had six or seven already], I'd be threatening legal action. It's not just your ride, it's your livelihood - and that is just so far beyond reasonable it's not even remotely acceptable.:mad:
Hope to hear good news soon - you deserve it!

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Im gonna stay with the sprinter I have...I wouldn't drive anything but a sprinter...But i will team with someone for the next 2 weeks if anyone would like??? An yes i'll be getting a grille guard soon...

Parts availability and a network of well-stocked dealerships are important considerations. TJP, are you being serviced by a substandard dealership? Having one's livelihood suspended for 8 weeks is quite a drag on income. I would be most displeased with a one week delay.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Well, I thought I had found a straight truck owner to drive for, but apparently they don't have the ability to send me a written contract regarding pay. I have been asking for this contract since Tue so who knows:( I gave him til noon tomorrow I hope he can get it over to me.

transporter

Expert Expediter
fallgator if he cant show you a contract red flag. stop go somewhere else. he is eather a game player or not prepared. do youirself a favor dont do it

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Nahhh EB! I spent about 5 hrs in Hattiesburg, took a swim at Paul B Johnson State Park, then decided to DH up to Tuscaloosa AL...temp is cooler, rain in the area and a better chance to get freight....

Think I'll take a shower at the "J" then find a Air Conditioned Steak House and have a good dinner then back to the "J" and fire up the Generator and the AC unit for the night and watch "Cars" .....:D

Last edited:

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well unfortunately I cannot interfere with the ordering process with the parts since the quote from the insurance is paid to the dealer who is fixing my Sprinter...An at least all of this crap is happening to me and not any of y'all...At least im not losing a house or a car over all this crap...But I beleive that things will turn around for me...Like my Signature says on my post....
SOMETIMES IN LIFE YOU ASK GOD WHY ME, BUT IN THE END YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHY!!! :D The only thing I've lost outta all of this is my cell phone...But that is rly minor compaired to what could've been...:eek:

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Nahhh EB! I spent about 5 hrs in Hattiesburg, took a swim at Paul B Johnson State Park, then decided to DH up to Tuscaloosa AL...temp is cooler, rain in the area and a better chance to get freight....

My load yesterday came out of Bessemer.

eb

greg334

Veteran Expediter
TJ, I feel sorry for you, but you got to stop being passive about it and start screaming. This is business, and it seems they would lose money if their tools were broken.

guido4475

Not a Member

I am sorry to hear all of this going on, TJP, but I think once the warranty is run out and you have to start buying parts/labor yourself,You might be singing a different song about a Sprinter.Too bad otherwise, and hang in there. I was once on the same road myself.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is a brand new sprinter..right off the line...that is the problem....we sprinters do not have any problem with parts, plenty of suppliers either online or dealer...TJ just hit that deer 6 months too soon....

AND since TJ does not own the van and it is a lease job...some decisions are not in the owners hands either...

ALSO the contempt is the Dodge dealer...PREVIOUSLY a Sprinter dealer that may have an axe to grind with Mercedes...

The dealer told TJ..that is what you get for buying foreign? That is kinda ironic right there....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It is a brand new sprinter..right off the line...that is the problem....we sprinters do not have any problem with parts, plenty of suppliers either online or dealer...TJ just hit that deer 6 months too soon....

AND since TJ does not own the van and it is a lease job...some decisions are not in the owners hands either...

ALSO the contempt is the Dodge dealer...PREVIOUSLY a Sprinter dealer that may have an axe to grind with Mercedes...

The dealer told TJ..that is what you get for buying foreign? That is kinda ironic right there....

Ah... if it is a leased vehicle, then there is a lot of things that can be done. If I was in Tj's shoes, I would be complaining to the leasing company first and then the insurance company about the delays.
Why a dodge dealer? I thought they were not allowed to do repairs that would affect warranties?