July 2010 Locations

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ah... if it is a leased vehicle, then there is a lot of things that can be done. If I was in Tj's shoes, I would be complaining to the leasing company first and then the insurance company about the delays.
Why a dodge dealer? I thought they were not allowed to do repairs that would affect warranties?

So did I....Dodge was not trained on these new engines either..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
While TJ is a big boy, you need to back off him, HE has no recourse or control of the issue. And the Dealer is NOT doing warranty repair or repairs that would affect the warranty.., it is all related to the accident.....and they are not doing any engine work...

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We finished up our second round of TVAL testing yesterday. All went well this time. We went straight home. I have been having a ground problem that was expanding so we took it into a shop for repairs. It took them a couple of hours to find it, at least it is fixed. Can't have the DOT getting all bent out of shape now can we. Going fishing later this evening, weather permitting.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
While TJ is a big boy, you need to back off him, HE has no recourse or control of the issue. And the Dealer is NOT doing warranty repair or repairs that would affect the warranty.., it is all related to the accident.....and they are not doing any engine work...

What ever chef, I wanted to know, and if he is a big boy, he could have defended himself or told me to go to h*ll himself. I think he's a good guy, just don't like it when good ones are taken advantage of.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Well, i put an add up on EO for van driver wanted and I must say, I've gotten several calls since yesterday so it definitely works. Only thing is it started to develop mechanical problems today when I was driving it so I had to pull the add. This sucks, but at least I have a backup plan to drive a straight truck. It could have been worse.

guido4475

Not a Member
In Grand Rapids for the night....had a very good week...:D

You slacker !!! lol !! One good week and you wease out ! Geez !!

I'm at the house, eating a bowl of ice cream,(chocolate chip cookie dough)watching a movie.That 300 miles today kicked my butt!! lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'm at the house, eating a bowl of ice cream,(chocolate chip cookie dough)watching a movie.That 300 miles today kicked my butt!! lol.
oh jeeez...so much for ya trimming down eh...*LOL*

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

Darn it!!!! Now I gotta go get a bowl of ice cream:rolleyes::D
A mixing bowl:eek:;)

EdwinDavis

Seasoned Expediter
I did two short loads today now I am in Toledo Oh. Laying on the couch in the drivers lounge.The life of an expediter is rough but somebody has got to do it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Empty in Columbus Ind and Spending the night at the "J" in Whitehall Ind 4th out...will decide if i am stayin or goin home in the morning....

guido4475

Not a Member
Well, i put an add up on EO for van driver wanted and I must say, I've gotten several calls since yesterday so it definitely works. Only thing is it started to develop mechanical problems today when I was driving it so I had to pull the add. This sucks, but at least I have a backup plan to drive a straight truck. It could have been worse.

This may be none of my business, but if it was meant to be private, it wouldnt be on here to begin with.I dont get it.Obviously, youre not having too good of luck driving a van, leased to you current carrier.So you are going to put someone in your van and pay them to drive it while you drive for a fleet owner.If you cant make it in youre van,with you driving it as an owner-operator, how is putting a driver in it instead going to change things?I actually think it is going to complicate them and make them worse.What is this going to accomplish? I must be missing something here.I think the whole problem is who you are leased to, and the fact that you bounce around too much empty, chasing freight, or board positions, that is killing you.Just my thought, anyway.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This may be none of my business, but if it was meant to be private, it wouldnt be on here to begin with.I dont get it.Obviously, youre not having too good of luck driving a van, leased to you current carrier.So you are going to put someone in your van and pay them to drive it while you drive for a fleet owner.If you cant make it in youre van,with you driving it as an owner-operator, how is putting a driver in it instead going to change things?I actually think it is going to complicate them and make them worse.What is this going to accomplish? I must be missing something here.I think the whole problem is who you are leased to, and the fact that you bounce around too much empty, chasing freight, or board positions, that is killing you.Just my thought, anyway.

This old time vanner happens to agree with Guido...:eek:

I've watched your adventures over the time...park the van....you'll not make a cent in all likelyhood and probably lose money and sleep....try the straight gig for awhile...
we talk between us here and your DH is absolutely off the chart...don't know if it is your work habits or Panther...but it is obvious you are not really making forward progress...the vans getting used up and you are going to be burnt up....expedite can do that...the end result..a scrap van and used up driver..

Hey we are being honest here for what we see you type...

Good luck....Ken aka OVM