It's a Merry Christmas Month

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Don't make me send you two to your rooms.... Freaking cold in Maine this morning! No afternoon flights our of here (surprised they have an airport actually). Watching the Lions in the hotel lobby by myself while the staff puts up the Xmas decorations.

Cold but great first half if the day with the kick off of Wreaths Across America and the departure of our trucks and the Convoy to Arlington. Unload Fri in Alabama if anyone is in the area. EB met up with us last year.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
It's a worthwhile rendezvous if you're in the area. The stops are pretty quick. This year will be harder for me, since I'll be in Montana on Wednesday.

eb

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It's a worthwhile rendezvous if you're in the area. The stops are pretty quick. This year will be harder for me, since I'll be in Montana on Wednesday.

eb

It is pretty quick but definitely gives you a different perspective and reminds us how lucky we are for the sacrifice of others.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well let's get real entertaining then. Let me ask you one question... Have you ever been to Espar of Michigan and conducted any business with them?

I bought my Espar from Ray two years ago. And the Oddysey battery. I also had it serviced and the blower motor replaced last year. Any further questions?...lol...Receipts are available upon request.The B-4 model I bought was $1,680.00 at the time. Gas units are usually a little more than diesel one's...the battery was $350.00

Going to sit back in my corner now with my nose to the wall....lol...

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Day 1 of Wreaths Across America done. All we can say is, WOW

This is such an awesome thing to be a part of. The people really support this effort. Every single town has people lining the streets to greet the convoy when it comes through !!!!

Just unbelievable !!!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's a beautiful thing that you're doing - thank you. And thank you, John Elliot, for making it happen.

guido4475

Not a Member
Day 1 of Wreaths Across America done. All we can say is, WOW

This is such an awesome thing to be a part of. The people really support this effort. Every single town has people lining the streets to greet the convoy when it comes through !!!!

Just unbelievable !!!!!

I bet no one can begin to imagine how humbling and touching it can be participating in something like that until actually being there.Something words cannot describe. It has to be a huge moving experience, one that no one will ever forget.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I bought my Espar from Ray two years ago. And the Oddysey battery. I also had it serviced and the blower motor replaced last year. Any further questions?
Nope, just that one. Well, maybe another one. Your blower motor died after just one year? OK, that's more rhetorical. It's just odd that it would go out so soon.

Your answer does present quite a conundrum, however, as since you've been there at least twice, and have seen the shelves chocked full of catalog inventory (it's hard not to), and even just a quick glance, without doing an inventory of the inventory, should tell you that they normally stock an awful lot of parts, it's hard to reconcile your statement that they don't stock popular routine replacement parts.

...lol...Receipts are available upon request.The B-4 model I bought was $1,680.00 at the time. Gas units are usually a little more than diesel one's...the battery was $350.00
I would like to see the receipt for the B-4 model, if for nothing else other than to find out if it's the beta version of Data or an early bomber.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I bet no one can begin to imagine how humbling and touching it can be participating in something like that until actually being there.Something words cannot describe. It has to be a huge moving experience, one that no one will ever forget.

It is truly humbling !!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another morning and another plane. Got really lucky. That east coast storm stayed south of here. Looks like most of the east coast is messy. Be at the office an hour later than normal, not bad. The Bangor Maine airport is not very exciting.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Getting around and heading north. Ice storm here last night. Used the ice pick method to clean off the car.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bought my Espar from Ray two years ago. And the Oddysey battery. I also had it serviced and the blower motor replaced last year. Any further questions?...lol...Receipts are available upon request.The B-4 model I bought was $1,680.00 at the time. Gas units are usually a little more than diesel one's...the battery was $350.00

Going to sit back in my corner now with my nose to the wall....lol...

that is exactly what I was talking about....even if you throw in $500 for a battery that is overkill it still wouldn't have been 2k...and now it's over 3K...in just over 2 years time span...talk about milking his EO experience....