It's a Merry Christmas Month

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back in the day a hibatchi grill placed on the ground under the oil pan was a good way to warm the vehicle when it wouldn't start...just put a tarp around the outside lower perimeter to keep the heat in and in an hour it should start....just wait for the flames to die down first...lol...if you have an aluminum oil pan, this may not be too good of an idea...
If my grain operator buddy won't bring me into his shop overnight to thaw it out....i have used a heating pad over the injector system and throw a moving blanket over that and close the hood and leave it for 6 hours or so....

guido4475

Not a Member
If my grain operator buddy won't bring me into his shop overnight to thaw it out....i have used a heating pad over the injector system and throw a moving blanket over that and close the hood and leave it for 6 hours or so....

Awwww...how cute....he tucks his Sprinter engine in at night.....lol...do you sit in a rocking chair beside the van and also and read it a bedtime story?......lol...just bustin youre chops...lol...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Awwww...how cute....he tucks his Sprinter engine in at night.....lol...do you sit in a rocking chair beside the van and also and read it a bedtime story?......lol...just bustin youre chops...lol...

LOL...darn right....the cost of them engines.....

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

If you hold the key over in the start position and do not let go until it starts, it will startup. it will turn over, then stop, keep the key held there. It will try to start again. Just keep the key there until it starts. May take a few times doing this.

When it starts it will blow some nice smoke.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you hold the key over in the start position and do not let go until it starts, it will startup. it will turn over, then stop, keep the key held there. It will try to start again. Just keep the key there until it starts. May take a few times doing this.

When it starts it will blow some nice smoke.....

it started for about 5 minutes then shutoff.....started again for about 2 minutes and again shutdown...now nothing...need to hook up the cables to boost it now...I think...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
it started for about 5 minutes then shutoff.....started again for about 2 minutes and again shutdown...now nothing...need to hook up the cables to boost it now...I think...

Do you have anti-gel in the fuel??

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
going to the big town Hettinger ND on the 11th actually a NAPA there...shopping duty....then it is suppose to warm to the high PLUS 20's....no hurry for the van...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
how does an Espar jump in price from about 2,000$ to over $3,000 in a few short years?...pretty much that was my main point....Turtle: Members have been quoted $3,300 recently....
The price didn't jump by $1000 in recent years. The $2000 quote is for a D4 without the AGM batteries, and the $3000 is with them.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Thanks...might have to check that out.....many out here right now have cars and trucks that won't start....

while you're at it glue a pan heater to the bottom of the oil pan. it will heat the oil since it is suspended below the heated block. better to run the cord out the grill for those days when the hood is frozen shut.

another old school solution is to hang a 100 watt light in the engine compartment and lay a blanket over the hood.

eb

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
while you're at it glue a pan heater to the bottom of the oil pan. it will heat the oil since it is suspended below the heated block. better to run the cord out the grill for those days when the hood is frozen shut.

another old school solution is to hang a 100 watt light in the engine compartment and lay a blanket over the hood.

eb

Lol I've actually done the light bulb thingee!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ya know, I purposely did not reply to you're last post in that other thread because I figured I would let a sleeping dog lay.
Well, that and the fact you don't want to answer the very pointed questions I asked of you.

Some people are just happy being miserable, no matter what it is, blowing things way out of proportion...enjoying an argument..like they have nothing else better to do with their time...And I figured it was a no-win losing battle trying to prove my point to you, so I let it go...until now...
You had no point to make, all you were doing is using second and third hand information, and embellished assumption, to reach a flawed conclusion that you presented as fact. It's not like you've never done anything like that before.

I am just wondering how you can make any money if you are there all the time to monitor their parts inventory on a daily basis....lol...at least that is what you're posts were inferring ....how else would you know if they run out of parts or not? does your unit break down that often? Where you are there that much? Or do you call on a daily basis to get a parts inventory count?....lol...
Now look who's blowing things out of proportion. First thing you need to do is learn the difference between infer and imply. How someone says something is implied, how you take it is inferred. I didn't infer anything, I implied it, explicitly, by stating that they normally stock every part in the catalog and if they run out of a part it is a rare occurrence. It would seem to be common sense that no matter how routine a part is, they can have a run on those parts and run out of them. It happens. I don't know how anyone could possibly infer that to mean anything other than what it says. No, I don't monitor their inventory on a daily basis, my unit does not break down that often, and I don't go by there or call every day to check their inventory. I have talked to Ray and Brian about a variety of subjects, and because of their close proximity to The Yard I have stopped by there unannounced just to say hi and/or to pick up some rather obscure parts or accessories with which to customize my installation. We have also discussed at length the different battery recommendations for the different installation applications, i.e., vehicle types and driver usage of 12 and 24 volt loads. My point is that someone who has been there several times, and talked with them several times, has a better knowledge and understanding of what is going on than does someone who has never even been there or conducted a single transaction with them.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The price didn't jump by $1000 in recent years. The $2000 quote is for a D4 without the AGM batteries, and the $3000 is with them.

Yup my quote was $3300 with the battery. I'm guessing that doesn't include tax. Too pricey for me right now.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well, that and the fact you don't want to answer the very pointed questions I asked of you.

You had no point to make, all you were doing is using second and third hand information, and embellished assumption, to reach a flawed conclusion that you presented as fact. It's not like you've never done anything like that before.

Now look who's blowing things out of proportion. First thing you need to do is learn the difference between infer and imply. How someone says something is implied, how you take it is inferred. I didn't infer anything, I implied it, explicitly, by stating that they normally stock every part in the catalog and if they run out of a part it is a rare occurrence. It would seem to be common sense that no matter how routine a part is, they can have a run on those parts and run out of them. It happens. I don't know how anyone could possibly infer that to mean anything other than what it says. No, I don't monitor their inventory on a daily basis, my unit does not break down that often, and I don't go by there or call every day to check their inventory. I have talked to Ray and Brian about a variety of subjects, and because of their close proximity to The Yard I have stopped by there unannounced just to say hi and/or to pick up some rather obscure parts or accessories with which to customize my installation. We have also discussed at length the different battery recommendations for the different installation applications, i.e., vehicle types and driver usage of 12 and 24 volt loads. My point is that someone who has been there several times, and talked with them several times, has a better knowledge and understanding of what is going on than does someone who has never even been there or conducted a single transaction with them.

Exactly the type of response I was expecting....lol....give it a rest...I will. If you do....but, I am bored, and the entertainment is rather interesting....lol..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Exactly the type of response I was expecting....lol....give it a rest...I will. If you do....but, I am bored, and the entertainment is rather interesting....lol..
Well let's get real entertaining then. Let me ask you one question... Have you ever been to Espar of Michigan and conducted any business with them?

Last edited: