It's a Merry Christmas Month

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dude! Go to a Napa store...(If there is one there) and get a tank type coolant heater. And 2 hose clamps. IT is so eaqsy and quick to do this. Cut one of the hoses going to you're heater core, and put one end into the heater and clamp it, and the same with the other end. 5 minute job. They cost like $35.00...and work awesome! just make sure there is coolant in the tank coolant heater before first use. A 1500 watt one will work awesome! It heats the antifreeze in the tank, then pushes it into youre engine, and than cold antifreeze comes in the tank and it heats that. It continually recirculates the coolant and you will be surprised how well it works. I put these on my potato chip trucks.They are sweet!

How does it circulate with engine off? What's the power source? How big is it?

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter

They usually plug into 110 and circulate the coolant naturally...hot rises and pushes cold down. Make sure you read the destructions on what coolant hose to splice in to. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'd tell you about the 12-volt Espar Hydronic Coolant Heater that runs off the diesel tank and the house battery just like the Airtonic does, but it takes a week to get parts and you have to wait forever to get in for service. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd tell you about the 12-volt Espar Hydronic Coolant Heater that runs off the diesel tank and the house battery just like the Airtonic does, but it takes a week to get parts and you have to wait forever to get in for service. :D

as long as someone sells it at a reasonable price..;)...how does an Espar jump in price from about 2,000$ to over $3,000 in a few short years?...pretty much that was my main point....Turtle: Members have been quoted $3,300 recently....
I was just being a drama king about the serving time...that is something i can grasp....its this what I see...IMO is a huge price spike...

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member

It has a plug on it that you plug into an extension cord. It has a check valve inside that opens and closes when the coolant in the tank reaches the required heated temperature. It is about 8 inches long upright by about 3 inches in diameter. It'll fit anywhere. Either leave the plug end hanging outside the front grille, or inside the hood where you just have to open the hood and run the cord to it. They usually come with a 6 foot cord.And these things work.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They usually plug into 110 and circulate the coolant naturally...hot rises and pushes cold down. Make sure you read the destructions on what coolant hose to splice in to. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

Thanks...I can destruct anything I touch.....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It has a plug on it that you plug into an extension cord. It has a check valve inside that opens and closes when the coolant in the tank reaches the required heated temperature. It is about 8 inches long upright by about 3 inches in diameter. It'll fit anywhere. Either leave the plug end hanging outside the front grille, or inside the hood where you just have to open the hood and run the cord to it. They usually come with a 6 foot cord.And these things work.

Thanks...might have to check that out.....many out here right now have cars and trucks that won't start....

guido4475

Not a Member

Ya know, I purposely did not reply to you're last post in that other thread because I figured I would let a sleeping dog lay. Some people are just happy being miserable, no matter what it is, blowing things way out of proportion...enjoying an argument..like they have nothing else better to do with their time...And I figured it was a no-win losing battle trying to prove my point to you, so I let it go...until now...

I am just wondering how you can make any money if you are there all the time to monitor their parts inventory on a daily basis....lol...at least that is what you're posts were inferring ....how else would you know if they run out of parts or not? does your unit break down that often? Where you are there that much? Or do you call on a daily basis to get a parts inventory count?....lol...

guido4475

Not a Member
Thanks...might have to check that out.....many out here right now have cars and trucks that won't start....

Many car parts places carry them as well. Look them up on e-bay or some websites to get or learn more about them. I had a 2500 wat one on my straight back than..overkill...had to reduce it to a 1500 watter....lol...it kept the cab warm over the weekend because the hot coolant would also circulate through the heater core in the dash....thus warming the cab. over time, it would get the temp to around 160 on the dash gauge by monday morning.

guido4475

Not a Member

Back in the day a hibatchi grill placed on the ground under the oil pan was a good way to warm the vehicle when it wouldn't start...just put a tarp around the outside lower perimeter to keep the heat in and in an hour it should start....just wait for the flames to die down first...lol...if you have an aluminum oil pan, this may not be too good of an idea...