Is Bankrupt in future for A SC company

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, and roadwarrior9's very first post ever is in defense of this NC company, completely dispelling anything negative towards the company (and desperately trying to bolster his own credibility to make it believable, trying a little too hard, which makes it unbelievable), and now, immediately after roadwarrior9's post, we have headhunter1's very first post ever attempting to discredit the original poster. Naaaa, nothing suspicious about that. No one would ever suspect that roadwarrior9 and headhunter1 is the same mid-level manager recruiter/wienie at an unnamed NC company. I know I certainly would never suspect that.

What a totally cynical observation to make ,your so cool!

smothersbria

Seasoned Expediter
i made a reply a couple of days ago before i knew what was going on up front and roadwarrior9 is a fleet owner out of the atlanta area he is a very up front person. as far as pay goes everyones been paid and everythings going good and yes they do run alot of loads and are a little bit better per mile

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's pretty obvious that the handwriting is on the tombstone for this outfit. For those that want to continue to do business with them - do so at your own peril. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a couple of other mid-size companies go down this year as well. Just too much supply and not enough demand. Privately owned companies that aren't well managed, have a weak account base and don't have the necessary capital to ride out the slow times will be the first to go.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE PAYING. THEY STILL OWE ME ON INVOICES FROM OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR.:mad: I TRIED CALLING THERE CONTROLLER YESTERDAY AND TWICE TODAY. HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RESPONSE FROM MY VOICE-MAIL. BOTTEM LINE IS THAT BILL FRAZIER SHOULD HAVE CONTACTED ALL OF THE PARTNER CARRIERS THAT THEY DO BUSINESS WITH AND OWE MONEY TO, AND EXPLAINED TO US WHAT IS/WAS GOING ON WITH THERE FINANCIAL ISSUES. BUT INSTEAD, WE HAVE TO CALL OR SEND E-MAILS FOR MONTHS TRYING TO GET SOMEONE TO BE TRUTHFUL AND TELL YOU WHEN EXACTLY THEY ARE GOING TO SEND YOU YOUR MONEY. FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER BY TALKING TO OTHER CARRIERS IS THAT THERE IS ABOUT 60-80 CARRIERS WAITING ON THE CHECK THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY IN THE MAIL.:( IF THEY OWED ME A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS I WOULDN'T BE SO ****ED OFF, BUT WHEN THEY OWE ME A BUNCH(AND I DO MEAN A BUNCH) OF MONEY AND NO EXPLAINATION ON WHEN I MIGHT GET IT, IT'S JUST BAD BUSINESS!:mad:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE PAYING. THEY STILL OWE ME ON INVOICES FROM OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR.:mad: I TRIED CALLING THERE CONTROLLER YESTERDAY AND TWICE TODAY. HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RESPONSE FROM MY VOICE-MAIL. BOTTEM LINE IS THAT BILL FRAZIER SHOULD HAVE CONTACTED ALL OF THE PARTNER CARRIERS THAT THEY DO BUSINESS WITH AND OWE MONEY TO, AND EXPLAINED TO US WHAT IS/WAS GOING ON WITH THERE FINANCIAL ISSUES. BUT INSTEAD, WE HAVE TO CALL OR SEND E-MAILS FOR MONTHS TRYING TO GET SOMEONE TO BE TRUTHFUL AND TELL YOU WHEN EXACTLY THEY ARE GOING TO SEND YOU YOUR MONEY. FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER BY TALKING TO OTHER CARRIERS IS THAT THERE IS ABOUT 60-80 CARRIERS WAITING ON THE CHECK THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY IN THE MAIL.:( IF THEY OWED ME A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS I WOULDN'T BE SO ****ED OFF, BUT WHEN THEY OWE ME A BUNCH(AND I DO MEAN A BUNCH) OF MONEY AND NO EXPLAINATION ON WHEN I MIGHT GET IT, IT'S JUST BAD BUSINESS!:mad:

If it has been that long, think I would hire an attorney. Most will work on a contingency if it is a fair amount of money.
Also, they might take you a little more seriously if they get a payment demand from a attorney.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter

Sounds like time to make a road trip to NC and knock on somebody's door. If it's who I'm sure it is, then PM me and I'll tell you what I did to collect.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
IF YOU LOOK OVER TO THE RIGHT OF THESE POSTS THERE IS AN ADVERTISEMENT FROM SUCH CO. ABOUT PAYING 62- 68% OF TOTAL REVENUE.:p WHO ARE THEY TRYING TO KID. THEY ARE A LOT US OUT THERE RIGHT NOW THAT WOULD LIKE TO COLLECT 62-68% OF WHAT THEY OWE US. THEY PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE GETTING BASHED SO BAD.:mad::mad::mad:

gjmcclain

Not a Member
In another thread, I had stated some facts regarding their authority, and it was my thought that this showed poor management etc etc.

I checked with the feds and it is not a procedure to pull an authority everytime a carrier changes their insurance. The carrier is notified by the feds 30-days in advance that their insurance is slated to expire in 30-days and their authority will be void if it is not resolved.

THEY HAD 30-DAYS TO UPDATE THEIR INSURANCE and they failed to do so. So their authority was pulled and they got it reinstated within one day.

SURE ONLY ONE DAY but wow that is **** poor management to allow that to happen. I also wonder how many of their trucks were loaded that day going down the road.

My point is, this company is in bad shape, is managed poorly and is fiananced poorly. Just avoid them all together!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
In another thread, I had stated some facts regarding their authority, and it was my thought that this showed poor management etc etc.

I checked with the feds and it is not a procedure to pull an authority everytime a carrier changes their insurance. The carrier is notified by the feds 30-days in advance that their insurance is slated to expire in 30-days and their authority will be void if it is not resolved.

THEY HAD 30-DAYS TO UPDATE THEIR INSURANCE and they failed to do so. So their authority was pulled and they got it reinstated within one day.

SURE ONLY ONE DAY but wow that is **** poor management to allow that to happen. I also wonder how many of their trucks were loaded that day going down the road.

My point is, this company is in bad shape, is managed poorly and is fiananced poorly. Just avoid them all together!

To give anyone credit in that situation, there's always the chance the insurance company doesn't notify the feds in time. I'm possibly in that situation now. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm worried that my agent isn't at the top of her game. I get told things that are delayed, emails instead of phone calls, etc. We'll see.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Even if the insurance cancellation is just a routine procedural thing, a carrier that tells it's contractors "We're paying you a week late, and just half what we owe you" is a carrier that cannot be trusted, IMO. :(

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I agree with you, Cheri. I was just making the point that a company could have a day's revocation for any reason. Doesn't mean it's a bad company for that reason. Just means someone, somewhere, dropped the ball; and it got fixed.

transporter

Expert Expediter
This NC carrier are not paying their partner carriers. They say check is in mail 2 weeks go by than say invoice is still being processed.
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A COMPANY IN A SERIOUS BAD SITUATION!

But why is there a well known load board and expediting website
still alow them to post loads and advertise on there sites?
This is not what a reputable load board or web site would do.
Some might even say this is being party to fraud upon o/o and partner carriers.

gjmcclain

Not a Member
While I feel this NC company is doing nothing more than robbing from Paul to pay Peter (or how ever that saying goes) and putting off the obvious (bankruptcy or merger with another firm), I would agree these other sites that are allowing their ads and load post to continue should be looked at with a firm frown. But, if we would close the door for every company that runs into problems the chance to rebound from their misfortunes aren't we just as guilty. But, then again, haven't we seen this company do nothing more than continue their poor management and practices of decet, haven't we already allowed them their chance to correct the errors. I believe we have - and the same management that failed to change their ways, failed to adjust to the market is still there.......enough is enough......these sites that accept their ads should be taken out back to the shed, and, well you get the picture. Failure to oversee your insurance policy correctly where your authority is not pulled is a major issue to me, it shows a lack of procedure, a lack of proper management structure, and the failure to pay your owner operators and outside carriers is of course the major punch to the chin to all of us out here. And to see the load boards and even this site allow them to continue to place ads on here, when they know what is going on, is an insult and attack on those of us who support this site and others. What messaage is EO and the others truely sending to us as well.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Chuckwayne... you started a good thread. But when you go and start with the "EO should do this. EO should do that." regarding their advertisers, you're walking a fine line. That's great you brought this to light, yet again. Make a suggestion, but don't pummel a pseudo-taboo topic to death with a constant hailstorm of rhetoric. It comes across as you beating the drums of unrest, as it did with your union idea.

And if I'm wrong, Lawrence will give me my 30 lashes. :eek:

gjmcclain

Not a Member
HAWK HAWK HAWK -

There you go again with all that talk about a union!!!!!

Everytime you disagree with me you have to bring up PAST BS about a union!!!!!

Everytime I (or others) SUGGEST EO take a high moral ground on an issue you bring up the union!!!!!

Ok, hows this. The NC carrier gets shut down, thier authority gets pulled, they are sued by the carriers they owe money to, OOIDA lets just say files a class action suit againt them for the owner-opeators and every member of the management staff is arrested and convicted of fraud etc etc............do you think EO should continue to take their money and turn a blind eye or do you think they could step up to the plate.

When is improper behavior, poor management, keeping people's money, etc finally cross a fine line with you.............don't forget when replying mention the union..........

guido4475

Not a Member
Hi Everyone. Been reading for a year or so, but just registered today. We have a truck leased out with the NC company in question. Yesterday the 2 week settlement was direct deposited into our checking account and later withdrawn. Today approximately 1/2 of the settlement was deposited in the account. Our driver said that he was notified that they were moving to weekly settlements rather than bi-monthly. As the owners of the truck you would have thought that we the contract holders would have been notified.

Having just spoken to the home office, they have moved to weekly settlements and presently now have a 3 week hold, essentially borrowing a week of revenue from all owner operator and fleet owners.
Yup. they're broke.Operating off of your $$$ A sure sign of financial trouble.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
HAWK HAWK HAWK -

There you go again with all that talk about a union!!!!!

Everytime you disagree with me you have to bring up PAST BS about a union!!!!!

Everytime I (or others) SUGGEST EO take a high moral ground on an issue you bring up the union!!!!!

Because you are acting the same way! You claim you've changed. Prove it!

Ok, hows this. The NC carrier gets shut down, thier authority gets pulled, they are sued by the carriers they owe money to, OOIDA lets just say files a class action suit againt them for the owner-opeators and every member of the management staff is arrested and convicted of fraud etc etc............do you think EO should continue to take their money and turn a blind eye or do you think they could step up to the plate.

Not my business, because EO is NOT my company. Lawrence has a history of punting companies that don't reflect the image of HIS company. I have faith he'll do the same, if he feels this is the case with this advertiser.

When is improper behavior, poor management, keeping people's money, etc finally cross a fine line with you.............don't forget when replying mention the union..........

Like I said... doesn't matter what I think. None of my business when it comes to the business matters of this site, or its parent company. It's fine you brought it to light; but GIVE IT A REST!

BTW... I didn't mention union. :p

DOH!!! :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most of the accusations posted here are just that, accusations. Unless or until fraud is proven, unless or until some action has been adjudicated, it's all just he-said, he-said. And you're advocating that EO pull their ads on hearsay? And yes, the insurance issue and authority revocation is one that you're pummeling to death. OK, fine, so it's a major issue with you. Good luck with that, 'cause no one else cares.

Incidentally,

"But, then again, haven't we seen this company do nothing more than continue their poor management and practices of decet, haven't we already allowed them their chance to correct the errors. I believe we have - and the same management that failed to change their ways, failed to adjust to the market is still there.......enough is enough......these sites that accept their ads should be taken out back to the shed, and, well you get the picture."

I sincerely hope you have deep pockets if anything in that quote is innaccurate.