How's it Going at Landstar?

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Greg

If you want to fight about things, fight about CHEAP FREIGHT.

Bruno,

Greg won't be fighting against cheap freight rates, according to him, he's going after cheap freight.

Rrad the bottom feeders thread to see his pro cheap freight stance.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Greg you are always bashing Phil and Diana on everything they do and it really getting old Greg.

Bruno, I stopped reading and responding to Greg's posts many months if not years ago and my EO experience improved when I did. You might try doing the same. Try it as an experiment for a week or month to see how it works for you. When you ignore his posts they don't get old, they pleasantly cease to exist.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Bruno, I stopped reading and responding to Greg's posts many months if not years ago and my EO experience improved when I did. You might try doing the same. Try it as an experiment for a week or month to see how it works for you.

Phil, I think you need to read what I said, I haven't bashed you in this thread, I actually praised you here and in another thread BUT what's getting old is Dave's insistence of fawning all over your posts while defending you with me not comprehending what I am saying or the points I am bringing up.

Further more Phil, I should point out that you are on track with many things that I think will enhance your point of view and it is a great thing. AND that I openly offered any help I could provide to you and Diane seeing you are now in the real world.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Bruno,

Greg won't be fighting against cheap freight rates, according to him, he's going after cheap freight.

Rrad the bottom feeders thread to see his pro cheap freight stance.

There are many "versions" of cheap freight. I would be the first to admit that if the opportunity is there, I will double dip the system to move a truck at a high rate.
I'll use the DT quote. "It isn't anything personal, its just business".

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There are many "versions" of cheap freight. I would be the first to admit that if the opportunity is there, I will double dip the system to move a truck at a high rate.
I'll use the DT quote. "It isn't anything personal, its just business".

That's true and it seems that many don't get the idea that moving may be a lot better than waiting for a good paying load.

I don't know if Panther allows this but putting two or three loads of van freight (which is considered cheap) on a truck to move it makes more sense than to let that truck sit for 38 hours waiting for the same rate to come along with one load.

Maybe it is this idea of exclusive use that should go away.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's true and it seems that many don't get the idea that moving may be a lot better than waiting for a good paying load.

I don't know if Panther allows this but putting two or three loads of van freight (which is considered cheap) on a truck to move it makes more sense than to let that truck sit for 38 hours waiting for the same rate to come along with one load.

Maybe it is this idea of exclusive use that should go away.

Only certain loads can really be "defined" as exclusive use.
All others I consider "freight".
Double loads strictly by Panther are not as common as the ones you can set up yourself.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
SO overall if I had my truck at panther, and I arranged my own loads, I could make that $2 a mile ... right?

So what's the big whoop?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
SO overall if I had my truck at panther, and I arranged my own loads, I could make that $2 a mile ... right?

So what's the big whoop?

Yep. There is plenty doing it now. That is why I pay little attention to some of the goofy posts claiming a certain gross amount and nothing else. It means little unless you have all the information.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yeah that's seems to be right, a lack of info is a problem as is the lack of people comprehending what's in a post.

Oh well ...

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Phil, I think you need to read what I said, I haven't bashed you in this thread, I actually praised you here and in another thread BUT what's getting old is Dave's insistence of fawning all over your posts while defending you with me not comprehending what I am saying or the points I am bringing up.

Further more Phil, I should point out that you are on track with many things that I think will enhance your point of view and it is a great thing. AND that I openly offered any help I could provide to you and Diane seeing you are now in the real world.

Greg

1st off I'm not FAWNING over Phil's post as you put it. What I can't say that I agree with someone's post Greg? I agree with your posts, Davekc posts and many others. I'm not going to posting my feelings Greg in regards to this matter as it's not even worth getting all worked up over your posts.

Monty

Expert Expediter
imho, (we all have one, right?) .. what's to be argumentive about? State your position, and shut up. Either folks understand, and agree with you, or they do not ... it's all good ..

KYoung

Expert Expediter
Welcome to Landstar, we had a staright truck with LS for 6 yrs, until it was totaled in Feb. We made the money Phils talking about, but noone beleived us. we usually about 15,000 to 20,000 and took 1and a half to 2 weeks off each month. We are currently in a sprinter working the same and making about 12,000 a month and half the expense, so yes phil you can make the money, oh yeh are you a&e certified if not you should be you'll make a lot more.

Just remeber we have about 60 teams and not all are in service at the same time, and teams always do better than singles.

Leam 4474

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Welcome to Landstar, we had a staright truck with LS for 6 yrs, until it was totaled in Feb. We made the money Phils talking about, but noone beleived us.

Thank you, KYoung. We did not jump in until after we talked to BCOs who made that kind of money. When choosing carriers, Diane and I have never worried about how the typical or average expediter was doing. We focused on the top producers.

We looked not just at the money they made but how they were making it. Once we determined that we could do the same thing they were doing, we felt OK making the moves.

BTW, we were in Southern California when we went back in service on Wednesday afternoon. This morning (Friday) we got a load offer that we picked up a few hours later. It takes us out of CA and to a good express center at a good rate.

We met two other Landstar trucks at the TA in Ontario. Both said they had been there several days. The difference? They do not market themselves to agents like we do. The top producers told us they do it too and they told us how.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
At least greg spells Diane properly.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Diana is spelled that way. So your saying Princess Diana name was spelled wrong? I don't think so. But if Diane spells it that way I'm sorry for the mess up Phil and Diane as I don't claim to be a know it all.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Diana is spelled that way. So your saying Princess Diana name was spelled wrong? I don't think so. But if Diane spells it that way I'm sorry for the mess up Phil and Diane as I don't claim to be a know it all.

They are two different names. Diane sounds like "dye Ann" and Diana sounds like "dye Anna".

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
... Despite all your protestations that you are not not encouraging anyone blah blah blah, the actual effect may be different. I am simply urging caution. You look at the free classifieds and you see Landstar trucks for sale same as any other company. And I know for a fact some husband wife teams and solo's have gone broke at Landstar, same as any other company.

Just observation note, I've been shopping trucks for about a month now, to compare what the owner wants for the truck I'm driving. Been bookmarking and saving the info on any trucks that interested me. Yes, there are LS trucks in the classifieds, as well as listed in The Truck Paper and other sources. One thing that caught my eye, those being sold privately almost all state that reason for sale is retirement, and that they did well with LS. Most others don't give a reason, or it's a different one :)

As for ppl going broke, that happens with all the companies, for various reasons. But if someone jumped to LS just based on Phil's postings, they probably aren't smart enough to make it, anyway.

I'll say "Thank You" to Phil and Diane, for posting all they have, especially during their decision making process, and their start up with LS. Had already narrowed choice down to LS or Load 1, so additional info is always welcome.