Frosty February 2015

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
We "issued" our guys door magnets. Never know. But that doesn't fix the "registered to the company" issue.

This is one I've never run into, and it is just mind boggling, frankly. If I have a BOL that shows freight to be delivered to that address, I'd say if they refuse it, I could return it to the shipper.
They're welcome to see [and make a copy of] the vehicle registration and my license, but who the vehicle is registered to should make no difference, when the freight on it is consigned to them.
Definitely offer to return it to the shipper, if they don't want it, lol.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is one I've never run into, and it is just mind boggling, frankly. If I have a BOL that shows freight to be delivered to that address, I'd say if they refuse it, I could return it to the shipper.
They're welcome to see [and make a copy of] the vehicle registration and my license, but who the vehicle is registered to should make no difference, when the freight on it is consigned to them.
Definitely offer to return it to the shipper, if they don't want it, lol.

I was going to do that but i didn't want to be a pain.

That load came out of Sioux Falls sd. I just grabbed it in Chicago tho.

I would've had to call ovm to take that load back

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning gang from KC .... Just woke receiver opens at 7am . Brand new plant here 236 new jobs for KC! And right across from the new JCI plant over another 2oo jobs .... I delivered there last month!! ....KC is hopping with the 600 million dollar expansion at GM and of course the Ford plant also where some models of the F150 are built ... Very good for the state!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now if KC could figure out how to Export some freight out of town ....

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning gang from KC .... Just woke receiver opens at 7am . Brand new plant here 236 new jobs for KC! And right across from the new JCI plant over another 2oo jobs .... I delivered there last month!! ....KC is hopping with the 600 million dollar expansion at GM and of course the Ford plant also where some models of the F150 are built ... Very good for the state!

They just announced last week claycomo is hiring 800 more. They also have something in their contract where those hires bump the last group hired from something like 19 an hour to 28 an hour.

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
Sitting at the J in Dallas. Got here at 2am. Hoping to find a load to take me home. I have to be home Friday morning. And I've sat empty in Austin for 2 days.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While I wait for a load offer, I'll do a little squirrel hunting, seems one has taken up residence in our under our roof in the soffit.