Frosty February 2015

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well P&G company won't let me in or won't unload me, because as they state the van has to be registered to the company and it has to have a company logo on it. Sitting here waiting for dispatch to figure out something.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Well P&G company won't let me in or won't unload me, because as they state the van has to be registered to the company and it has to have a company logo on it. Sitting here waiting for dispatch to figure out something.

I get the "decals" requirement. But basically can't be an o/o? Nuts!

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I would hope that magnetic signs and a copy of the contract showing that your leased to that carrier would be proof that the van is "registered" to that carrier.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How's about that!

Was going to get fuel up at Pilot off I 35 in Clear Lake IA, but went into Kum & Go instead.
Wow! All employees wore tie. Reminded me the old classical day of the '60, I really like it.

Hmmmm..May be we should be wearing the suit and tie too eh? LOL.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How's about that!

Was going to get fuel up at Pilot off I 35 in Clear Lake IA, but went into Kum & Go instead.
Wow! All employees wore tie. Reminded me the old classical day of the '60, I really like it.

Hmmmm..May be we should be wearing the suit and tie too eh? LOL.

Don't let that Tie fool you....that very large C-store chain uses that to impress you while charging you 40% or more markup on instore items...also not known for good working enviroment for employees from upper management located out of Corp. offices in Des Moines....local help are usually nice people...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't let that Tie fool you....that very large C-store chain uses that to impress you while charging you 40% or more markup on instore items...also not known for good working enviroment for employees from upper management located out of Corp. offices in Des Moines....local help are usually nice people...

Very nice local indeed.

I thought that if I wear tie, I might be able to drive the rate up 40% more. Certainly, my customer will get a true professional services. Really:), I do worth 40% more, lol.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very nice local indeed.

I thought that if I wear tie, I might be able to drive the rate up 40% more. Certainly, my customer will get a true professional services. Really:), I do worth 40% more, lol.

If empty...not a bad location for freight...I live 45 miles SE...there is a Walmart plus other big stores or good food straight east about 3 miles ...in bad weather the next 35 miles south is a Bad stretch of road...:)

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If empty...not a bad location for freight...I live 45 miles SE...there is a Walmart plus other big stores or good food straight east about 3 miles ...in bad weather the next 35 miles south is a Bad stretch of road...:)

Thanks. I'm actually heading south for a pick up tomorrow. I ran through Iowa a lot, there's something serene about this state:)

tknight

Veteran Expediter

At that point if I didn't care I'd have told me to look for it on craigslist or ebay !!!
Duck tape letters be really creative!

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
EMPTY! After hours on and on they decided they can bring out a forklift to the parking lot and grab the skid. After an hour or so, they decided just to let me thru, that is after I confronted them about letting thru unmarked sprinter right in front of my eyes.

Regardless, decals are coming in ASAP! I have my carrier getting me the magnet sign for the van so I won't run into issues like this.

Also Murray to clarify the "registered to the company" These folks think that if you have company's logo on your van, then it makes it company's van and not the person who actually owns it. So yes indeed my friend it was about decals aka company logo on a van.

I didn't ask for extra $ for sitting there, I just asked for a load outta here ;)

My first time driving thru WV, WOW! what a beautiful state that is. Except the freezing rain in the mountains.

Last edited:

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Well been enjoying time off looks like i got a new team driver my pops so will be switching fleet owners that can put us in same truck so looking forward to this.:D