Ford Vans with Sprinter bodies types

mrguard

Seasoned Expediter
Looks like the closest is 12 miles away.
I'll get working on that next week. Expecting major snow here tomorrow so that will keep me away from the desk.

From the Window Sticker:
138 INCH WHEELBASE
2009 MODEL YEAR
OXFORD WHITE CLEARCOAT
MEDIUM FLINT VINYL
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.750A
.STANDARD TRIM
.AIR COND FRT ONLY-CFC FREE
.ELEC AM/FM STEREO W/CLOCK
.HINGED 60/40 SIDE DOORS
.16" SPORT WHEEL COVER
.LESS AIRBAG SWITCH
.16" STEEL WHEEL - SRW
5.4L EFI V8 ENGINE 975
ELECT. 4-SPD AUTO O/D TRANS
LT245/75RX16E BSW ALL-SEASON
3.73 RATIO REGULAR AXLE X24
COMMERCIAL CARGO VAN PACKAGE 1,140
.GLASS,FIXED RR CARGO DOOR
.SPEED CONTROL
.MIRRORS, PWR RH & LH EXTERIOR
.BLACK REAR STEP BUMPER
.POWER GROUP
.REMOTE KEYLESS ENT/PANIC ALAR
COMMERCIAL VAN PACKAGE DISC. -1,140
BACK UP CAMERA 470
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
VINYL FLOOR COVERING, FRONT
9000# GVWR PACKAGE
50 STATE EMISSIONS
REVERSE SENSING SYSTEM 280
MODIFIED WIRING KIT SYSTEM
TRAILER TOWING PKG CLASS I
INSTRUMENT PANEL ELEC MESSAGE 190
ROLL STABILITY CONTROL 595
FULL/DR LENGTH RUNNING BOARDS 320

So the HCV's we have do have some nice goodies for options.

James Keller
Jorgensen Ford

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
from the option list:

9000# GVWR PACKAGE

I am thinking that is a E-250 chassis....when you scale one, Id do a e-350 and then post the GVW rating for it along with the scale weight....while there are people that use the e-250, the key to this business is to get the biggest available to maximize your ability to haul as much freight at possible, and that would normally be with the E-350

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
from the option list:

I am thinking that is a E-250 chassis....when you scale one, Id do a e-350 and then post the GVW rating for it along with the scale weight....while there are people that use the e-250, the key to this business is to get the biggest available to maximize your ability to haul as much freight at possible, and that would normally be with the E-350

As long as it does not exceed the 10,000 gvwr threshold.

mrguard

Seasoned Expediter
Yes that is the E-250 Model.
The E-350 Extended has the 9500# GVWR Package.

James Keller
Jorgensen Ford

mrguard

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry I have been quiet for almost the past week folks..
Had a major family emergency to deal with.

I'm back in the office and as soon as I'm caught up I will
take some more photos of the vehicles and take it in to be weighed.

James

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Ford 2002 E 350 Diesel, Ext. With myself probably 172 lbs fully clothed, two dogs around 60-65 pounds each. Factory air in rear, no bunk, close to full tank of fuel. Personal gear included. 7080lbs

mrguard

Seasoned Expediter
Question for Everyone

I just found out Ford has a upfit incentive that would still apply to the HCV's we have for sale.

Sorry for all the red tape here:

Qualified commercial customers will receive upfit reimbursement on minimum combined eligible commercial upfits costing $1,200 or more (excluding available factory installed options) for the purchase or lease of any new Commercial Truck or Van. Transit Connect upfit reimbursement requires a $200 minimum, eligible upfit and is a matching reimbursement up to the maximum available incentive value outlined below.

There are limitations on how much can be reimbursed.

Please retain a photo copy of at least ONE of the listed acceptable proofs below in your sales jacket.

- Business License (not occupational license)
- "DBA" or Assumed Name Documentation
- Articles of Incorporation
- Sales Tax License
- Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy/Public Liability Insurance Policy and/or Workman's Compensation Insurance Policy.
- Verifiable D&B Listing
- FIN Code
- Crop and/or Livestock Insurance
- Federal Land Use Restriction and/or Land Grant Subsidy Documentation
- Verifiable individual state authorized business registry/corporate websites, e.g. Sunbiz in Florida
- Verifiable United States Department of Agriculture FSA documents wherein the registered farm number and farm owners are clearly identified.
- Other verifiable state issued documents, e.g. Agricultural Tax Exempt forms such as SMX ID in Oklahoma, or NC Department of Revenue Agricultural Exemption Form in North Carolina.
- IRS Specialty Forms (e.g. Schedules C & F)

I know this is alot here, I wanted to list as much as possible to give you guys the info and find out if this is something that would work for our Expediter Friends.
We have some companies that do the shelving and cargo bulkheads and after seeing some of the shelving and bunking requirements, just wanted to throw the idea out.
Then I can check with our suppliers to see if there is anything that might work for everyone.

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the words.

James Keller
Jorgensen Ford

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Jim..While I didn't buy your unit, I know people that are happy with them..any extra incentives helps thats for sure...

BUT, LOL, a weight slip or at least a accurate scale weight for the completed e-350 and if you want to INCLUDE the e-250 would be nice...:)

mrguard

Seasoned Expediter
I'm going to try to get out this week to the scales.
Trying to catch up from time off due to family emergency.

James

mrguard

Seasoned Expediter
Photos

Sorry to hear about things Dennis.. Positive thoughts for you.

I have some photos.. I took 19 and I am not going to post all of them.. I hope this helps.
Looking to get the truck weighed on Thursday.

James Keller
Jorgensen Ford

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I got a question> Are the lines very long for all the xpediters now at the stealerships waiting to get one? I know all the Russians and such in Laredo are trading in their Penskes yellow bumble bee box trucks for one, Im just saying. U can get a lot of fine used vans and bx trks for 30k.:)

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Thanks.

I think you are understanding the issue we are having when we talk about weight, capacity and such. It is good you are going the extra step to get us answers.

This has happened to me a lot - I go into a Ford dealer, explain the situation to them and what I need but they don't have a clue of what the specs on their product is and many times NOT willing to actually try to find answers. You can substitute Ford for Chevrolet/GMC or even Freightliner/Mercedes - it happens all over the place with most of the dealers.

NOW here is the challenge, which is a great one for a dealer who sees potential of this market and that van fitting a niche in this market - if you have the time can you weigh one to get an exact weight?

Stealer ships are just there for the soccer moms, look at the age of the sales force,,most are just kids, go see for urself,,its the Honda bunch waiting to get off work for a lotteee or whatever.:rolleyes:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
greg you might have better luck talking to the fleet/commercial guy about his cutaways. the couple i talked to seemed to have more knowledge than the avg salesman.