Ford Vans with Sprinter bodies types

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I get less the 22 mpg I feel like my pockets are being picked...guess I am spoiled...darn sprinters anyhow...:cool:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
see the thread entitled amazing discount. pix in there.

just added a couple 2x 12 load bars. when we turn the beds sideways for a longer single skid load they have a tendency to seperate. no more. 1 2x12 at the front of the load box and one immed behind the beds giving 66" of space and it keeps the load from hitting the bed. something i discovered is when the beds are sideways and we have one skid of 48" there is still room to have the port o loo available.:) if this were fb gracie would give that a thumbs up.
:D

mrguard

Seasoned Expediter
Word has been getting out, I might not have any before the Expo in July. I only have a few of the 250 and 350s left.

James Keller
Jorgensen Ford

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey while having you and the units at the Expo would be good, I am sure you, your manager and the dealership owner would rather they be sold, gone and off the floorplan....:D

mrguard

Seasoned Expediter
You have that right.. We are still talking about attending, with or without units as It would be good to catch up with the vendors and the market.

James Keller
Jorgensen Ford

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, OK. Months of free commercial Classified advertising finally came to and end. Now, months of free commercial Forum advertising comes to and end, as well. It was fine during the question and answer period, but that all ended with Post #88 which was a blatant bump for an unsolicited free ad in the Forum, with several more to follow. Every post by Mr Keller since #88 has either been a complaint about no longer having free advertising space in the Classifieds, or has been quite literally free advertising in the Forum space. Since this thread won't die on its own, and the whole "I'm done discussing it.." didn't really pan out very well, I'm gonna take it out back and shoot it, and put it out of its misery.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
F
Well, OK. Months of free commercial Classified advertising finally came to and end. Now, months of free commercial Forum advertising comes to and end, as well. It was fine during the question and answer period, but that all ended with Post #88 which was a blatant bump for an unsolicited free ad in the Forum, with several more to follow. Every post by Mr Keller since #88 has either been a complaint about no longer having free advertising space in the Classifieds, or has been quite literally free advertising in the Forum space. Since this thread won't die on its own, and the whole "I'm done discussing it.." didn't really pan out very well, I'm gonna take it out back and shoot it, and put it out of its misery.

Thank you Turtle

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Update: At the request of our very own mcavoy33, as this is an interesting and topical topic, the offending SPAM and the related ramblings it spawned from the former post# 88 has been deleted, and this thread has been re-opened for further discussion.

Anyone who tries to sneak free commercial advertising into this thread will be forced to launder OVMs shorts while OVM is still wearing them.
Yes, I know, I realize that such treatment is banned by the Geneva Convention, and simply being banned from EO would be far more humane, but them's the rules.

On a side note, does anybody besides me find it humorous that so many people go to such great lengths to come up with a Sprinter-like vehicle, rather than just getting a Sprinter?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
On a side note, does anybody besides me find it humorous that so many people go to such great lengths to come up with a Sprinter-like vehicle, rather than just getting a Sprinter?

I think people are concerned with the upkeep, mechanics that know them, and part availability. The new Nissan is nice because you can get work done anywhere and the setup under the hood makes it easy for owners to work on them, now they just need to get one that is long enough.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I just checked out an Express One Nissan parked next to me here in WI.. sharp van! That long "pickup style" hood gives a lot of legroom. He has the V8 version... getting 15 mpg. No room for bunk loaded tho... but still nice.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I just checked out an Express One Nissan parked next to me here in WI.. sharp van! That long "pickup style" hood gives a lot of legroom. He has the V8 version... getting 15 mpg. No room for bunk loaded tho... but still nice.

It seems that the design of the engine compartment would keep it cooler inside as well, you can feel the heat pouring through the center console on my van.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think people are concerned with the upkeep, mechanics that know them, and part availability. The new Nissan is nice because you can get work done anywhere and the setup under the hood makes it easy for owners to work on them, now they just need to get one that is long enough.

That is why we Sprinter owners can not stress enough...a Sprinter is NOT an entry level vehicle...It takes a very special type of person, mentality to properly care for one....if you want to drive the crap out of a van and just be a driver....get a North American slop bucket...they last...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That is why we Sprinter owners can not stress enough...a Sprinter is NOT an entry level vehicle...It takes a very special type of person, mentality to properly care for one....if you want to drive the crap out of a van and just be a driver....get a North American slop bucket...they last...

I think once an owner is around long enough they maintain their vehicle to a higher degree and start replacing parts before they break. Once it is understood that the vehicle is your life and that not maintaining it could cause you to lose everything you will make the right choice. As you said they are not entry level.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think once an owner is around long enough they maintain their vehicle to a higher degree and start replacing parts before they break. Once it is understood that the vehicle is your life and that not maintaining it could cause you to lose everything you will make the right choice. As you said they are not entry level.

The same could be said for straights ,,does a newbee go out and buy a 110 in sleeper with all the bells and whistles? Not too often...

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter

I never realize this but I'm starting to see it the more I drive a sprinter. I know they had problems with both of the sprinters we have but I'm starting to think they might have been partially because they maintained it like they did their North American slop buckets.

The biggest appeal to me of the copy cat's are the lower costs.

ps thanks for reopening the thread and the cleanup work it involved.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never realize this but I'm starting to see it the more I drive a sprinter. I know they had problems with both of the sprinters we have but I'm starting to think they might have been partially because they maintained it like they did their North American slop buckets.

The biggest appeal to me of the copy cat's are the lower costs.

ps thanks for reopening the thread and the cleanup work it involved.

Even NA slop buckets require a certain level of care...but if you make a mistake they are easier to recover from...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The people with the most problems with their Sprinters are the ones who view it as just another cargo van, same as an other Ford or Chevy, except with more room. So they trend to treat it like any other cargo van. But a Sprinter is, after all, a Mercedes, and needs to be cared for as you would a Mercedes.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I recently had to give up my Sprinter in favor of a Chevy. Parts availability is big, as is the problem of finding mechanics qualified to work on them if you break down in small towns. While the outfits I've driven for seem to want us to own and drive Sprinters, none of them seem to want to pay enough for the upkeep of a Sprinter.

Special note: I can't afford to keep a devoted mechanic named "Heinrich" on staff, nor can I keep a warehouse with the hard-to-find parts on hand.