FEDEX CC Recruiting unresponsive!

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
OK,

So I've called them and left a message four times at THREE different recruiter's voicemails. I've left two phone numbers with each message, and my address so they can send me more info.

NADA.:mad:

It's been over a month since I started leaving nice, pleasant messages and nothing. No info, no callbacks, no info packets, zip.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get in touch with these guys or should I take it as a sign and try someone else?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Four messages at three different recruiters? Yup, here's yer sign.

I'd try 3 or 4 somebody else's. You never know which one's for you until to talk to them. FECC is most definitely not for everyone. I wouldn't get too worked up over it regardless. Whoever you go with, you're your own business, anyway, so all that really matters is how you handle your business.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
What type of unit?

Cargo van? Don't expect a call.

C or D unit more than three years old. Don't hold your breath.

Less than three year old Tractor. I think your phone is ringing.

Make sense? Nuff said?

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
OK,

So I've called them and left a message four times at THREE different recruiter's voicemails. I've left two phone numbers with each message, and my address so they can send me more info.

It's been over a month since I started leaving nice, pleasant messages and nothing. No info, no callbacks, no info packets, zip.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get in touch with these guys or should I take it as a sign and try someone else?

We were recently in contact with them and found them to be very responsive.. whose voicemails have you tried?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
OK,

I'm sorry you have had that happen, I do know that sometimes people get busy. So I will give you my recruiter E-mail address if you want it. Just e-mail me, and I will send it to you.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would be alittle patient. It was only a week or so ago that they had their recruiters in Louisville for the truckshow as did other carriers.
Probably taking them a while to catch up.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I think that even you are wanting to put a Van on they would call you back and let you if they are putting on Vans. I do know that they were very busy at MATS to but still...

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
They prolly don't want anymore Camping trucks signed on, magine they're look'in for equipment that can haul some freight. Dunno? Might be tho.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
When you are expected (at the customer's request) to "campout" 24/7 on a customer's load, "Camping Trucks" come in real handy! LOL

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter

Kyreax,
Give us an update if you are still reading this post.

I had the exact same experience. It took 4 weeks to get a call back and get assigned to a recruiter. Then 2 more weeks to get a question answered. Now, whenever I have a question it takes the recruiter several days to get back to me.

I wouldn't take this as a "sign" of the future because you will be dealing with a totally different department once you get on. I would certainly recommend checking out all other companies since you will have plenty of time while you are waiting for FedEx callbacks.

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Hey guys,

Update here...

Someone called me back last week, answered some of my questions, noted it was odd that I didn't receive a callback with all those voicemails.

Anyways, I got the info packet (nice insert, Ateam ;) ) and I'm currently looking through it.

He did mention that they are only recruiting Class D and Class E units, and that they're not likely to sign on any more "West Coast" trucks at this time. Interesting info in here. I'll let you all know what I find out.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Glad to see you back Kyreax! Are you expediting yet? Interested to hear the progression of your fact-finding mission!
So what'd you find out, and what'd you decide?

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Well, they said they weren't recruiting any trucks "for the west coast" any time soon, no matter what class.

I don't want to relocate nor deadhead from Arizona given the ridiculous fuel costs, so I think I've decided on another path for now.

Thanks for all you help guys, appreciate it.

Take care!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I know you put a lot of time and effort into researching the expedite business opportunity, and I am sorry you were unable to find a way in that you were hoping to find. It would have been fun to meet up with you out on the road.

But given your location in the country, desire for home time, and the way fuel is making deadhead trips home more expensive, you probably made the right decision.

The time and effort you put into research is nothing to the time and effort you would have put into keeping your head above water had you jumped into the business at this time. You did a good job researching the industry and accounting for your needs.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I'm sorry to hear that too Kyreax. Best wishes for success in whatever you've decided to do instead! I'm sure whatever it is, your thoroughness in checking out your options before leaping will serve you well!

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks again, ATeam, for all your assistance and advice in this matter. I really did want to try this, but all the research and financial spreadsheets I worked on pointed towards a long drive off a short pier.

You all impress me;)

This business is rough - more so than many others I've seen - and I'll be thinking about all of you whenever I see a straight truck pounding its way down the highway.:D

SO: Back to college for me. It's my last day of work today as well! I'm excited, nervous, and sick to my stomach all at once.

Change. Annoying, uncomfortable, scary - but Inevitable.

Remember if you come by the Triple T again in Tucson to look me up!

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
I'm sorry to hear that too Kyreax. Best wishes for success in whatever you've decided to do instead! I'm sure whatever it is, your thoroughness in checking out your options before leaping will serve you well!

Thanks!:D I appreciate your kindness.

sweetbillebob

Seasoned Expediter
There is a lot of competition for freight right now. Fedex is even going to the boards to get freight, which of course is offered at a reduced rate.
Their prime concern right now is freight, not trucks. They can always get trucks, freight right now is less than last year and not easily predictable.
If your truck does not qualify for WG/TVAL I would not bother anyway because the Express loads just do not pay to move your truck.