February

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Cha-Ching! Cleveland to Wayne. :rolleyes:

Be careful I just came down from there it was getting nasty.. from the Detroiter to the state line I saw about 5 or 6 cars wrecked.. lot of ice starting to build up.

Dale

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Be careful I just came down from there it was getting nasty.. from the Detroiter to the state line I saw about 5 or 6 cars wrecked.. lot of ice starting to build up.
Yep. It was all rain until Toledo, then a rain/snow mix, then from the state line up 4 or 5 miles is looked the Detroit DeadWings practice rink. 20 or more cars off the side of the road or up against the barriers in the median. Road went from just wet to a sheet of ice in the blink of an eye. Wow. By the 275 split it was just lots of snow. 40 MPH mostly up 275. Ran by The Yard and dropped off paperwork, then headed on over to the cons, delivery in the AM.

guido4475

Not a Member
I know I should be sleeping....Dispatch already called me on a load they were bidding on for the A.M. pickup, but it did not happen, yet. One of those nights I just can't seem to fall asleep.Of course, watching Top Gun doesn't help, either.....

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I know I should be sleeping....Dispatch already called me on a load they were bidding on for the A.M. pickup, but it did not happen, yet. One of those nights I just can't seem to fall asleep.Of course, watching Top Gun doesn't help, either.....
you better get some sleep. Thats exactly how my load happened last night. It took from 10pm to 6am for them to get desperate enough to accept the offer...lol.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
In Lansing. I-69.was crappy north of I-80, but nothing like Turtle described over there. I ran 45-50 up to the delivery. Worked out...but I'm oos until I see what it looks like tomorrow. I have to get to the yard for a qc replacement...mine died.

Be safe out there. I saw several in the ditch...on a "not so bad" road

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just landed in Gr. Rapids 6am delivery all in all got lucky coming thru Chicago and only the last 40 miles was slower going.

guido4475

Not a Member
I gotta give the night dispatcher guy credit, he sure is aggressive! He called me at 6am with another one. Other than that, all showered, meds taken, vitamins taken, breakfast eaten, and ready to go. A nice southern load taking me away from all of this would be nice...Laredo, perhaps...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Is it looking better up there now? Got a run to Flint, del in the morn.

Dale