February

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know. If you move, I could be # 2 than....

As far as this how low can you thing you posted earlier....do you know something that we don't know? Just wondering....

I meant that industry wide...carriers seem to think we have no bottomline....

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rough times may still be with us....E1 cutting their sprinter rates by .20...will/might put even more downward pressure on every ones rates....How low can you go? will be the question....

I had that question asked by a dispatcher last week :(

nottoold1961

Active Expediter
Rough times may still be with us....E1 cutting their sprinter rates by .20...will/might put even more downward pressure on every ones rates....How low can you go? will be the question....

Just called E1 for there straight tuck rates. Dropping it to $1.12 plus fuel. Can i quote what the recruiter said? Didn't like there reasoning for it. I was told they are lowering there rates to get more loads. Why we as a group and work together instead?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Just called E1 for there straight tuck rates. Dropping it to $1.12 plus fuel. Can i quote what the recruiter said? Didn't like there reasoning for it. I was told they are lowering there rates to get more loads. Why we as a group and work together instead?
yep..that will be the story to the fleet. Now...call their sales dept and ask about getting something shipped. I'm betting that rates to the customer are going up if anything. It's business and it's a matter of how ruthless you want to be.

Btw...we better get out of the february thread...lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't get it...
LTL rates going up
Truckload rates go up
Sea containers going up
Air Freight goes up

WHY do ours have to come down??...I know supply and demand...that really gets old...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I don't get it...
LTL rates going up
Truckload rates go up
Sea containers going up
Air Freight goes up

WHY do ours have to come down??...I know supply and demand...that really gets old...
It's simple. How do you increase profit margins?

You can either raise your prices (rates..in this case) or you can cut costs (rates paid to the contractors..in this case).... or you can do both. The rest is window dressing/damage control.