February 2010 Location

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I wouldn't do that,I counted 24 D's and at least 30 vans down here. Looks like most companies are represented quite well,with us being the only Fed truck...but not for long at the shipper now.

Panther wins the most units in Laredo award,with E-1 a close second.
I wouldn't be going to Dallas either....10 Panther vans there.

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Guido, by chance you weren't sitting at the flyin J in San Antonio were you? I stopped by for some fuel earlier today on my way to Laredo. There was only 2 vans there a panther and an express (I think) I was gonna stop and say hi but didn't.
I got a 9am del time for sunday here. I am thinkin there might be some det time in my future but I could be wishful thinkin again....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Left Toledo after lunch with my oldest son today headin for a Monday am delivery in Steele Ala...got down to Farragut TN and am spending the night at the "J" on I-75 @ I-40...the only CV here.....

guido4475

Not a Member
Hey Guido, by chance you weren't sitting at the flyin J in San Antonio were you? I stopped by for some fuel earlier today on my way to Laredo. There was only 2 vans there a panther and an express (I think) I was gonna stop and say hi but didn't.
I got a 9am del time for sunday here. I am thinkin there might be some det time in my future but I could be wishful thinkin again....

Yup. That was me.It is funny, I sat here last night watching the show, of how the lot lizards arrived in separate taxi cabs one at a time, 4 of them, and 1 in a pickup truck.Unbelievable.I consorted with a extremely knowedgeable person in this business and we both came to the ageement to stay out of dallas, Laredo, (after he checked to see how many total vans available in each location form all carriers)and so now I am at a different city,So lets hope this advice works out to my advantage. 7 Panther vans when I left this afternoon.1of them came flyin in the parking lot at like mach 5, backed up 50 mph, and nailed the curb with his back tires.He had BMW motorcycle clothes on and stickers all over the place. Guess he was in a hurry to get in line !!!!

guido4475

Not a Member
I wouldn't do that,I counted 24 D's and at least 30 vans down here. Looks like most companies are represented quite well,with us being the only Fed truck...but not for long at the shipper now.

Panther wins the most units in Laredo award,with E-1 a close second.

Funny as it sounds, my freind unloaded last night in Laredo, and was loaded out of there today, headed up north....Stelth mode...engaged.

guido4475

Not a Member
It is beautiful here in Oregon, and it hasn't rained since last Tues. :) I wouldn't mind running out here all the time, except for one thing...we're not running we're sitting :cool:

Even though you are sitting longer than you want to, I am willing to bet that you will get a long load out of there soon. That is the way it worked when I ran a s/t for my old co.It will all work out.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Resting at TA in Janesville Wi. We have a load picking up tomorrow around Chicago going NJ. It's nice to be back out on the road again.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
3k miles since wed afternoon. sitting in bellvue oh awaiting the 2200 deliv over in clyde. got a room since the back of the truck is all boxes.

who were those sprinters at the spiceland j tonite? one cat and one bolt. maybe rlent?

g'nite.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Hello again from the beautiful state of Oregon! As of this morning we have reached a milestone in our 4 year expediting career. This is the longest we've ever sat anywhere without a load.
Thankfully, Dec and Jan were very good months so the lack of income isn't a killer, but it is not helping me get my back porch built! :cool:

Guido, we have had 2 load offers since being here, neither would have gotten us out of the state of Oregon. Both runs were about 105 miles loaded, and 150 miles DH at the grand rate of 1.10 a loaded mile. Can't run for that.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Funny thing happpened on way to the post office.
The other day I had a load opp. out to me to go to Melville Ny,(2 stop load),Thats on Long Island,no big deal.After accepting,message came it was to be a trailer swap,I don't swap trailers so became a cross dock.Also I find out the 1st stop is main post office in Manhatten Ny.
Hers where the fun begins.
When the shipper loaded the 2 stops,after loading the 2nd stop in nose of trailer,he put sign saying 2nd stop,then he loaded the 1st stop,so we thought.
What the shipper did was,he meant,the load infront of the pallets with the signs were the second stop.So after check out,which was after doing the cross dock,it was determined,the 1st top was to get 27 skids,but there were only 23 skid,
the second stop was to get 20 skids but there were 24 skids,you got it,the other 4 skids were in the nose of the trailer.No problem,1st deliver would take the second delivery off and get their other 4 skids,right,wrong.
So here's what we did.!st delivery took 23 skids,second deliver had a 12am appointment,we were there 2359,but guess what,that post office said we weren't getting unloaded til 0530 am,after many phone calls,we went to sleep.0530 came and gone,was 0600 when they backed us to the dock and they took their 20 skids,now back to NYC.We leave Melville 0630,36 miles to NYC post office, we are there,0715,but now post office doesnt want to unload their 4 skids,no paperwork for the skids,cant make them understand the paperwork from original delivery has those skids on it.After finally getting thru to a supervisor,we get unloaded.Originally load was to pay:$1645.?? for 836 miles,by the time we got empy Saturday morning,that pay finished to just under $ 1900 and total miles ended up 877.Love when the mistakes are someone elses.Out of the $159 toll money that was on the load,we only spent $103,That round trip to Melville actually saved us 60 dollars.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hello again from the beautiful state of Oregon! As of this morning we have reached a milestone in our 4 year expediting career. This is the longest we've ever sat anywhere without a load.
Thankfully, Dec and Jan were very good months so the lack of income isn't a killer, but it is not helping me get my back porch built! :cool:

Guido, we have had 2 load offers since being here, neither would have gotten us out of the state of Oregon. Both runs were about 105 miles loaded, and 150 miles DH at the grand rate of 1.10 a loaded mile. Can't run for that.
Still not loaded here in OKC either. I have been sittin since Fri. I'm #1 on the board and not expecting a load until Tues at the rate things are going. However, I did find a great pizza place called Hideaway pizza in Edmond, OK about 5 miles from the J that is north of town. anyone with a van may want to try this place out. if you're in a straight truck or semi, try delivery if you get a hotel in the area. I'm not sure if they have delivery though....good darn pizza tho. ranks in my top 10.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Flying J in Temple, GA
Was in Baton Rogue Thursday and Friday without any opps.
Took a relocate back to Atlanta.
I am happy for those of you that are getting good runs but this is my worst month out of the last 18.
Still have one week to go. Maybe I can get 3500 solo miles?:rolleyes:

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
Here I sit in Laredo, not great board position, but not bad either. I did get unloaded this morning, they got me unloaded right before detention started. Oh well, cant complain its nice weather. Now only if tjpohio was here so I could go to one of his "parties":cool:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I had to bite the bullet and stay at a "loves" (but i ain't spendin a dime here!!) on Steele Station rd in Steele Ala. for the night. I unload at 6 am and then i'll run down to the "J" Birmingham Ala to wait for the next load.....

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
o like the j in b'ham is a winner!

rested, showered, ate at vansons down 20 in monroeville oh. pretty good b'fast. try the trash potatos or the angus steak w eggs. waiting for the clock to strike 2200. snow just starting to arrive.

checking outta here round 0500 when the 24 hr clock expires on the clc card. .

rmsayers

Seasoned Expediter
:( We are at exit 295 right outside of Lincoln Neb have been here since Friday afternoon 02-19-10. One good thing is that we are not snowed in yet LOL. Have just finished watching the last season of JAG. We are the only ones here called in on Saturday and at that time no frieght Sat or Sun.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Holy Granola..someone else from SD!!! yeeehaw!:D
Wow I'm impressed there really is more than one person who wants to live up there! LOL I don't even want to drive up there let alone live up there....In any case, I'm here at the J in Tulsa, Ok....decided to do a little gambling today at the Hard Rock.....was there 4 hrs and lost 30$ so I quit...Penny slots will do it for me.