Disgruntled FEDEX CC st8 truck drivers.....Where are they gonna go?? Landstar?? L1??

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Re: Disgruntled FEDEX CC st8 truck drivers.....Where are they gonna go?? Landstar??

Both carriers mentioned are great companies. Are either of those two carriers excepting trucks into there fleets? Will they be able to quickly absorb them and keep them moving? It is not just a learning curve for the owner operators but one for the carrier as well.

I would have to think so. Vans would be questionable but I don't think the folks that would be migrating would happen all at one time. More of a twelve month process which is ample time for any carrier to adjust.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Re: Disgruntled FEDEX CC st8 truck drivers.....Where are they gonna go?? Landstar??

I would agree with Dave. We saw this happen with another carrier last year. A good number of straights migrated over, but it happened over time and the system adjusted for them. We would monitor average revenue per unit and trends. We don't add units just to add units.

Vans we have a waiting list of roughly 6 to 8 months.

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter

I would agree with Dave. We saw this happen with another carrier last year. A good number of straights migrated over, but it happened over time and the system adjusted for them. We would monitor average revenue per unit and trends. We don't add units just to add units.

Love that answer!

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Wow, what a novel concept in expediting.;)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

. . . I am here to profit . . .
What's profit?

beggar-beggar-hobo-homeless-smiley-emoticon-000589-large.gif

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

What's profit?

beggar-beggar-hobo-homeless-smiley-emoticon-000589-large.gif

Ifin it comes to that I move on to plan B. Fish by day, host hunkers by night! I will teach "hunkering" and proper "hunker Eddiequit".

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

More available capacity = better service.
Better service = happier customers.
Happier customers call you more as their "first choice".
Happier customers talk to other shippers.
As those shippers & customers call more that excess capacity is soaked up.
As that excess capacity is soaked up its time to add a few more trucks.

And this theory assumes a sales force is flat and not selling more accounts that are naturally lost through production projects ending and production catching up with assembly.
YES, it's very possible to lose loads and customers without having failed them even once. It's natural. It's business.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Ifin it comes to that I move on to plan B. Fish by day, host hunkers by night! I will teach "hunkering" and proper "hunker Eddiequit".

Let's say a guy, just call him Maury, doesn't really do steak. Burgers & chicken & fish, yes. But never eats a hunk of steak, rolled in on a hunker. Would he be chased off the property with a shotgun, carrying his ground beef with him?
This "hunker" thing intrigues me.
Is this also a beer-swillin' event?
I've been know to throw an IPA, or four, back.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Let's say a guy, just call him Maury, doesn't really do steak. Burgers & chicken & fish, yes. But never eats a hunk of steak, rolled in on a hunker. Would he be chased off the property with a shotgun, carrying his ground beef with him?
This "hunker" thing intrigues me.
Is this also a beer-swillin' event?
I've been know to throw an IPA, or four, back.

"Hunkering" is where "Manhood" was "invented", where the "Book of Man Laws" was written and is enforced. Hunkering is where the entire history of "Manhood" is passed on to the next generation, though the use of very strict and time honored traditions.

"Hunker Eddiequit" says nothing of "steak or ground beef" It requires LARGE chunks of RED MEAT, not fillets, NY strips etc, to be roasted lightly over a HUGE open fire.

During the the "roasting of the meat, the "REAL MEN" talk, pass on KNOWLEDGE of importance, such as, where to find a supply of animals to kill to procure MORE large chunks of red meat for the next hunker. It is where the "young" sit quietly and "attend" to those who are old enough, and wise enough, to hunker. Dreaming of the day when they too, can "Hunker"

It is NOT a "beer swilling event, although beer, and other "adult male beverages" are consumed along with the large hunks of red meat. Hunkering was started LONG before IPA was invented, by city people, and therefor not allowed.

WOOOOMANS are NOT allowed at hunkers but all of Man's knowledge of "WOOOOMANS" is passed on during hunkers. It is where the "young males" get the basics about WOOOOMANS so they can giggle about them in the locker room before and after gym class.

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Ok, cool.
I missed that part of my youth into manhood. Dad was busy looking for a penny he lost in the bottom of a vodka bottle.
I feel, at 44, I should only sit in the shadows for a few years at least. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Ok, cool.
I missed that part of my youth into manhood. Dad was busy looking for a penny he lost in the bottom of a vodka bottle.
I feel, at 44, I should only sit in the shadows for a few years at least. :)

Part of my "hunker business" will include remedial "hunker training" for those who were not given the chance to learn hunkering in the proper manner. It is a common problem these days. FAR too many males have not had the privilege to "learn to hunker" as a youth. Which explains MOST of the problems with the world today.

IF hunkering was enforced, world wide, there would be NO wars, there would be intact families, no crime or poverty.

WHY you may ask?

The "Knowledge of MAN" would be passed on as it was meant to be. Tradition is the KEY! Everything in it's place and time, in the proper order. Respect, which is the the metal from the the "Key of Tradition" is cut from is one of the primary things learned, and passed on, at hunkers.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter

Wouldn't mankind end, recreation end, if man spent too much time talking about woooomans ?

Men need to be womanizing for us to survive.

Hunker in your 50's
Eat styrofoam in your 60's

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Wouldn't mankind end, recreation end, if man spent too much time talking about woooomans ?

Men need to be womanizing for us to survive.

Hunker in your 50's
Eat styrofoam in your 60's

You seem too to have "suffered" from a "lack of hunker". The above post points to a total disconnect from reality.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

"Hunkering" is where "Manhood" was "invented", where the "Book of Man Laws" was written and is enforced. Hunkering is where the entire history of "Manhood" is passed on to the next generation, though the use of very strict and time honored traditions.

"Hunker Eddiequit" says nothing of "steak or ground beef" It requires LARGE chunks of RED MEAT, not fillets, NY strips etc, to be roasted lightly over a HUGE open fire.

During the the "roasting of the meat, the "REAL MEN" talk, pass on KNOWLEDGE of importance, such as, where to find a supply of animals to kill to procure MORE large chunks of red meat for the next hunker. It is where the "young" sit quietly and "attend" to those who are old enough, and wise enough, to hunker. Dreaming of the day when they too, can "Hunker"

It is NOT a "beer swilling event, although beer, and other "adult male beverages" are consumed along with the large hunks of red meat. Hunkering was started LONG before IPA was invented, by city people, and therefor not allowed.

WOOOOMANS are NOT allowed at hunkers but all of Man's knowledge of "WOOOOMANS" is passed on during hunkers. It is where the "young males" get the basics about WOOOOMANS so they can giggle about them in the locker room before and after gym class.
For those that have never seen a hunker in action, feast your eyes on this.

campfire1.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

For those that have never seen a hunker in action, feast your eyes on this.

campfire1.jpg

A sight for sore eyes. It is better, however, to have a MUCH larger "hunker fire". A Proper "Hunker fire" can melt heavy snow as it falls and evaporates it BEFORE it can reach the fire!

zorry

Veteran Expediter

So you imitate hobo's for a day. And hijack threads at night ?

There's some pretty fancy threads in that thar picture, Clem.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

So you imitate hobo's for a day. And hijack threads at night ?

There's some pretty fancy threads in that thar picture, Clem.

Ifin you had EVER even been NEAR a REAL, MANLY, hunker you would understand the TRUE meaning of the "ebb and flow" of manly conversation, WITHOUT the need for "moderation", either for the conversation, "adult male beverages" or the amount of large chunks of red meat roasted and consumed during a HUNKER.