Disgruntled FEDEX CC st8 truck drivers.....Where are they gonna go?? Landstar?? L1??

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Disgruntled FEDEX CC st8 truck drivers.....Where are they gonna go?? Landstar??

That is the problem with many carriers. They are basically operating as three different companies with very different goals. You have people selling freight for commission with no regards to how it is ran or where it goes to, dispatch try to force productivity whether profitable or not, and of course recruiting who try to maintain fleet levels with the other two creating that "100 percent turnover rate". Think a I have mentioned this a time or two yet it still goes on.
I would never blame workers or the management itself. For those three to be on the same page, it has to come from the top. When it does it is a success, and when it doesn't, I will show you a company that is in constant turmoil.

Absolutely.
Working as a team ( carrier,driver or O/O,customer,sales,dispatch, etc.) , the business grows. All parties involved are happier and more profitable when working toward the same goal.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Re: Disgruntled FEDEX CC st8 truck drivers.....Where are they gonna go?? Landstar??

I have always viewed this as we have 2 customers. The shipper and the owner operator. If you take care of both of them and treat them fairly, a well managed company does not have to be us vs either of them. With the efforts to sell to shippers and recruit owner operators, making decisions that alienate either one seems counter productive to those efforts. But the ultimate success is when all 3 work together and view the business through a long term perspective.
Bingo! And we have a winner!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

Smart man, great company.