December 2009 Location

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not me, next week there is time for at least one more load, than one more the following week, then I am done for the year.

Well, I'm so liked by dispatch they made sure I had enough runs to take me through Feb 2010. Sorry OVM, you are no longer the chosen one....

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!! We're done too!! What a year, what a ride, some of the valleys were so deep I never thought we'd never see the next straight away.
All of you out there, be safe, and have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, etc...
all the beautiful reasons why we celebrate the season.
See everyone again in 2010

transporter

Expert Expediter
Sheesh I forgot about you ovm i was in ten sleep, wy i deaded down here. I would have came up there. We could have went ice swimming. i know you have the shorts for it.;)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Darn, that was kinda harsh, wasn't it? lol..

ARE you kidding me? I was just trying to bring him back to earth..he floats away sometimes...lol has his own twlight zone, proof is in those shorts, btw he see's nothing wrong with them.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OK!! Empty in Greenfield Ind...DH'n home for the holidays....SO You ALL have a Great Merry Christmas and if i don't make it back into service before the New Year, have a Happy New Year also.... :D

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Got a short one on Thursday to Longview, TX and then came back to the J in Greenwood, LA. Picked up Friday evening in Simsboro, LA for Wilson, NC on Monday. Almost hated to leave Shreveport - it was sunny, around 60 and not a cloud in the sky when I got the call.

Spending the night at the J in McCalla, AL ....

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Its Saturday morning hanging around the Petro in Atlanta the rain is finally gone, almost had a load to Miami so here I sit looks like number 2 on the list now hope I get load today going south or west from here

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
Well we are sitting here in GA, was on Atlanta Board but it seems all the snowbirds flew south for the storm was 12 on 5 average, so we moved south to take our chances on the Tifton board #1 with a 1 average. If some decide to fly back north we might move back up to Atlanta LOL:cool:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Been very very busy. Just in the past three day I have delivered and set up 25, 65 to 73 inch big screens. You'd be amazed at how small some of these houses were I delivered to, some couldn't have been sitting more then 8 feet from the tv:eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I took a load out to Vernal, UT. Got off I-70 at Silverthorn (well before Vail, but Rifle would have probably been better), and took Colorado Hwy 9 north of up Kremmling. Kremmling might very well be a neat and picturesque little town, but it was snowing too hard to see any of it. From there I turned left onto US 40 and took that through Steamboat Springs, Hayden, Craig and onto Vernal. If you've never had the sheer joy of going over Rabbit Ears Pass, you haven't lived. Steamboat Springs is an amazing place. I highly recommend it, but I also just as highly recommend flying in rather than driving. :D

From Vernal I got a load picking up in Grand Junction, which meant backtracking to beautiful downtown Dinosaur, Colorado and then heading down state Hwy 64 to Hwy 139 and on down to Grand Junction. On Hwy 139 is a lovely place called Douglas Pass. It's another one I highly recommend. On the map it looks like a shoelace tied in a bow, complete with the knot. What the map doesn't show you is that it's about a 12-15% grade down through it.

The picture at the link below shows the road where I'll be in a little while, inside the red circle. The picture is taken from the edge of the summit, 10,838 feet. The road down there is nearly a mile down at 5,827 feet. It was fun.

Full resolution pic here:
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/kslaughter_01/IMG_0485a.jpg?t=1261245212

After picking up in Grand Junction, it was another sweet drive from US 50 over to Gunnison, CO, up and down two mountains and snaking along Gunnison Canyon through the Curecanti National Recreation Area along the Blue Mesa Reservior, at night.

Next is US 50 east up and over Monarch Pass (next to Mt Shavano - 14,229 feet). Then on up US 285 through Trout Creek Pass, then Red Hill and Kenosha passes, and on in to Denver. Yay.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
turtle there is a road inside the little red circle? even leading to it? looks like the toboggan runs we were sitting here chatting about tonite.

you get all the kewl loads
.;)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
At the J in Kenly, NC after dropping my load a little early (was scheduled for Monday morning :D) ..... no snow here.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Sunday morning still sitting at the Atlanta Petro hoping for 1 good load or couple good short loads before Christmas looks like we will get some sunshine and high temp 45 here today

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Turtle,
That route up to Steamboat is awesome. Our last trip up that way looked like this

Attachments

• steamboat springs.jpg
    steamboat springs.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 14
  • US40 Colorado.jpg
    US40 Colorado.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 15