Countdown to MATS

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
It's that time of year, 19 days to go. Who plans on being in Louisville? What do you look forward to the most? Is there a special deal you look to get? Something you'd love to win for your truck? A product you've heard of and want to actually hold in your hand before putting out hard earned money for it?
I almost forgot, a certain Health Walk you'd like to take part in?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I plan to go if at all possible and I look forward to Mark's Feed Store BBQ and Mike Linnig's Restaurant. The good part is those places are open even when MATS isn't. The best part is one of my best friends is from Louisville so I have almost family there too.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We won't be there this year unless we find ourselves in the area. It would have been nice but we could either take off for MATS or Expo, no brainer.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
If I am in the area, yea but i am not makin a special run down there....did Leo say BBQ!?!?!? Hmmm....well... mybe i'll re-think that and TJ can buy !!!!:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hope to see all you guys in the Papa Johns parking lot! Lots of room to park, free, and lots of shuttles going to the truck show. Each evening pull up a lawn chair and find out what others saw at the truck show, compare notes and make plans on what you want to see the next day. We cannot see it all and that network of ears and eyes seeing different areas of the truck show sure benefits us on what we want to see the next day.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
i don't buy "mats" anymore, carpet samples are warmer on the bare feet and cheaper, i just toss them when they get dirty....you can buy a bunch old out dated samples for $10-$20 bucks....But that BBQ is sounding good, and the chair in the evening before TJ's "Parties" start doesn't sound bad either..hmmmmm:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This isn't just BBQ, it's FANTASTIC BBQ, as long as you use the red sauce not the orange sauce. For dessert some buttermilk pie. AWESOME!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
This isn't just BBQ, it's FANTASTIC BBQ, as long as you use the red sauce not the orange sauce. For dessert some buttermilk pie. AWESOME!
I didn't know they have buttermilk pie there, oh my. Maybe we can get a whole pie to go and bring it over to the parking lot. Yumm :p

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, you can get a whole pie. I usually do when I'm in town and it lasts me for the next week of ever so inadvisable breakfasts.s

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wasn't suggesting not sharing a pie, just affirming whole pies are available and can be put to extremely good use over the next few days after getting one.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That pie will put you into cardiac arrest! I have never tasted anything so sweet in my life! The BBQ though from there is awesome! I vote that John and Leo bring BBQ for the tail gate party!

Do not forget to bring your lawn chairs and your jackets and join us at the Papa Johns parking lot! It is pretty hard to miss Gotta Go and Susie's straight trucks. Great thing about MATS is we do not care what signs are on your truck or the size of your truck all are welcome and appreciated. See you there.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the sun's out, I'd recommend welders goggles before looking at Suzies truck. The thing's a downright vision hazard.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Have you seen Susie's truck with the new flag mural? We have only seen the pictures of the truck and we are looking forward to seeing it in person.