Countdown to MATS

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That pie is one of the top ten delicious foods of all times.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We will have an ambulance on stand by to carry who ever tries Leo's buttermilk pie to rush them to the hospital!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I'm working out my plan of attack. I've got some lifetime guaranteed chicken lights to swap out at Dukes. It's so much easier to just bring them to the show each year and get replacements.
Then I need to get over to the Save-A-Load booth for more of their nifty, keen, hydraulic assist load lock bars. As those of you who have seen me over the year know, that was my favorite find last year.
Louisville has the best toys and prices.
This 'll be the first year I don't add to my strap inventory, I didn't need to use all of mine at one time this year. I sorta figure that I should have at least one more than I need and at $12.00 for a 20 ft strap, what more can I say.
I love to go shopping :p

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Almost forgot 17 days, 18 hours. whoo-hooo

Is it possible to get the countdown clock so that it's on the top of this thread? Being a technidiot, I'm definitely not the one to try it.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Then I need to get over to the Save-A-Load booth for more of their nifty, keen, hydraulic assist load lock bars.

Are these the ones that push the sides of the box out?

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Are these the ones that push the sides of the box out?
After using mine at least once a week for the past year, not counting the times I demonstrated it for people, I'd have to say you must be thinking of a different product.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I won't be able to go unless I get lucky and have a load into the area. Just spent all my time and money having a new clutch, flywheel and pilot bearing installed, $2944.
If anyone has a chance to look over the battery powered HVAC units on display I would appreciate a post on them or a PM about them. I am particularly interested in the Climacab by Glacier Bay. They are supposed to have a unit installed in a truck at the show.
Thanks.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Having missed it last year, I was planning to go for sure - I have Airtabs to put on the truck, and want to find the step for getting into the box without getting very dirty, and enjoy the company in Papa John's lot, [and the food!], and join the morning walk, and be in the picture for Guinness [most women truckers in one photo], and check out Jeanie's load bars, and 'ketchup' with TeamCaffee & TerryandRene & Highway Star & Leo & Dale, and meet some new friends too...
But I got a chance to spend a week in Florida with both my daughters, [we went to the beach yesterday!] so now I will make MATS only if I get close enough
:(

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
For those of you that met Henry Albert with the Slice of Trucker Life he will be in the Freightliner booth so stop and say Hi! He is looking forward to seeing the many Expediters he met at the Expo.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Women Drivers going to MATS take a look at this, you do not have to be a member of Women in Trucking to participate:

Join us for the largest celebration of Women Behind the Wheel at the 2010 Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, KY. Save the date
and plan on becoming a part of history as the Women In Trucking Association recognizes the outstanding safety and performance
accomplishments of the nation’s professional female truck drivers. There will be music,refreshments, prizes, and the big event of the day, a
photo of all women truck drivers for the world record books.

DATE: Saturday, March 27, 2010
Time: Doors open at noon: Salute photo at 1:00 pm

Here is the link to the sign up page:

Women In Trucking Association Salute To Women Behind the Wheel

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Hey there party in the parking lot types, any requests for dinner? Are we going to go shopping in Louisville or bring fixins with us?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There is a very nice grocery store within walking distance from the Papa Johns parking lot where you can pick up supplies.
I have a tarp coming that we can tie between two trucks in case it rains!

I also (sit down Jeannie and Susie) broke down and bought a small grill to help out with the cooking.

I have been telling everyone to bring a meat they want cooked and also a side dish to share with everyone.

Each person will need to supply their own drink and if possible a chair to sit in. I remember last year we had lawn chairs everywhere and it looked awesome.

We will also be able to run the generator and use an extension cord if needed for anything that will require electricity.

We plan on getting there at the latest on Wednesday and will stake out an area!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Sounds good, both Susie and I are going to be aiming for Wednesday, too. I like the idea of having access to electricity. That way we can bring out a bunch of rice cookers and have even more selections. We have to eat enough to fuel ourselves for the health walk, right?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I am thinking we need a huge breakfast to get us fueled up. I have became a huge fan of oatmeal or omelets which are pretty easy to make in a rice cooker!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Now that's my kind of breakfast :p

Wow I had to take a double take on my quote and Bob really laughed over what I had "wrote". I said I DID NOT write that as if you will remember I had to ask you how the heck to spell omelets! Nice one!!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
More activities I just heard about for MATS in the Papa Johns Parking lot. I think the Papa Johns parking lot is well on its way to becoming more popular then MATS:

OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be parked at Papa John’s, where you can meet OOIDA Director of Regulatory Affairs Joe Rajkovacz and OOIDA Board Member Bill Rode of Eagle, ID. Ron Mermis will be close by in the OOIDA NASCAR simulator.
A number of trucker activities are expected to take place at Papa John’s, including the Trucker’s First Responder classes. OOIDA member and retired paramedic Jon Osburn is presenting a series of classes aimed at teaching truckers how to help at the scene of an accident. The classes will take place March 25-27 near the St. Christopher Fund tent in the Papa John’s parking lot. Classes are free of charge, but donations to the St. Christopher Fund are welcome.
Those courses are scheduled for Thursday and Friday, March 25-26, 9-11 a.m. near the St. Christopher Fund tent. On Saturday, the course is scheduled for 1-3 p.m. Drinks (coffee, pop, and water) will be furnished by UniGroup Safety Department.
That’s not all that’s happening at Papa John’s. OOIDA Life Member and veteran owner-operator Rusty Wade, wife Mary and many trucking friends are planning a non-fundraiser, non-agenda-driven, three-day party at the stadium parking lot. Drivers and others are invited to enjoy the fellowship, share the fun. Bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages if you want, but the word is that some well-known asphalt chefs will be grilling night and day.