Cheerleader

Texpress

Seasoned Expediter
Actually the security was in place at the old locations. They have pizzed so many drivers and 0/0 off that they can't leave a door opened. For self preservation.

Lets face it, concerning the parking issue, they jes don't like trucks, or truck drivers in a close proximity of the palace. An, they jes don't like trucks or truck drivers.... period.

They jes like the money they make em.

Maybe some truth here.. given the fact that fedex has umteen class actions against them from O/O contractors. I don't think any of them are on behalf of their CC division.. yet.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

cheerleader_sm.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
There are schools across the street and Green is a bit of a snoootty neighborhood.
Can be in spots .... depends on the neighborhood .... some places are downright unsnooty .... :D

The people of Green is very snoootty. Our kids play them in football, baskestball and so, the kids need a lesson in good sportsmanship.
Ehhh ?

Green Township was largely a rural area during the time I was growing up - and some parts still are. At some point awhile back, they incorporated and formed a City, I think largely to avoid annexation by Akron. As the area grew, alot of home development occurred, which was largely populated by "suburbanites" who fled the city. These folks all want to "live in the country" ..... except they also wanted to bring the city with them ...... sorta .. kinda .....

So it's a bit of an ongoing war between the old guard that love the more rural lifestyle .... and the goobers from the city, who although they wanted to live "in the country", don't realize they are essentially destroying it, by their own actions of dragging the city along with them when they came.

Same thing is currently happening where I live (the next community over) .... although we're about 10 or 15 years behind where Green is (thankfully .....)

Has anyone thought that maybe there is a zoning law that prevents a lot of or, overnight truck parking at the FXCC HQ?
Knowing the local politics, I'd say it's quite likely ......

But, FedEx Custom Critical was told by the city of Green not to have people in the trucks over night.
Well, I dunno if they were "told" but it certainly possible that the issue came up when they were dealing with the City of Green and Fedex may well have agreed not allow it

BTW, the property where the "glass palace" now sits used to be an auto salvage yard ....... :rolleyes: (just to be clear about my point in making this statement - it was a definite improvement and upgrade to the neighborhood)

Last edited:

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
Slightly off-topic, but I was thinkiing about this while reading the OP/replies ............

I've been hangin' around various trucking boards for a better part of six years now.

And one thing always stands out. Regardless if its Expediters Online, Pumpkindriver, Class A Drivers, Highway Chat, et al; Have ya noticed (I'm sure have have!) that those who come on these sites, and pee/moan about company "X", or whomever the loudest (bad use of language, spelling errors, setences/paragraphs that seem to run for miles, etc)- are usually just registered members and or are nu to the industry, and after they had their lil' spit fit - we never hear from them again?

-charles

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
That might be true about some of them, but it's interesting that when freight was busy we didn't have nearly as much complaining about carriers, probably because people were too busy driving. Funny how that works.

Nobody ever gripes about my carrier on here...but there aren't any cheerleaders either. The drivers like to keep a low profile I guess.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
BTW, the property where the "glass palace" now sits used to be an auto salvage yard ....... :rolleyes: (just to be clear about my point in making this statement - it was a definite improvement and upgrade to the neighborhood)

Well I think you may be wrong on that, because a branch of the Summit County Sherrif office was there. My uncle worked out of that office.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Well I think you may be wrong on that,
Mmmm ..... don't think so :D ..... I grew up, and lived there - since '69 - when my family moved out there (I was 10 years old) .... well, next door in Manchester anyways ... probably less than 5 mi as the crow files from the palace.

Hung with a few friends from Green .... as teenagers we rode our dirt bikes all over Franklin and Green townships (Nimisila Reservoir, Solar Estates, Cottage Grove) .... I'm pretty familiar with the area - having lived there, on and off, for 40+ years.

BTW, I went to school with Stacey Campbell - he was in my highschool graduating class - his father, Robert Campbell, was the Sheriff of Summit County for quite a long time .... 14 years .... from '61 to '75. The Sheriff's training center out near the airport (CAK) is named after him. One of my girlfriends' father was also a Summit County Sheriff (Al Oberdove)

..... because a branch of the Summit County Sheriff office was there. My uncle worked out of that office.
Well, it would have had to have been right next to the junkyard .... or maybe that Sheriff office was there for awhile after the junkyard was removed and cleaned up .... dunno ....

The Sheriff's Office had a few offices scattered around the county - like the one on Manchester Road in Coventry, down by Erwine Middle School, that weren't much more than just a 25' x 25' brick building. I think there was another one on 619 in the Lakes down by Dietz's Landing.

When did your uncle work there ?

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
if my old memory is true,the sheriffs office was next to the junk yard,and the glass palace is where the junk yard was,but im old and can be wrong,doesnt happen much