Cheerleader

Keeshond0622

Not a Member
I believe these words are probably what you are trying to say ...

Loyalty

If you work for a man, in heaven's name work for him.

If he pays you wages which supply you bread and butter, work for him;
speak well of him; stand by him,
and stand by the institution he represents.

If put to a pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.

If you must vilify, condemn, and eternally disparage, resign your position,
and when you are outside,
d**n to your heart's content, but as long as you are part of the institution
do not condemn it.

If you do that, you are loosening the tendrils that are holding you to the institution,
and at the first high wind that comes along, you will be uprooted and blown away,
and will probably never know the reason why.

Elbert Hubbard​

Reactions: 1 person

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Not trying to start anything negative, just asking a question here:

What is the reason for FECC not allowing the owner/driver of a truck being T-val certified or recertified at the corporate offices to stay in their fully contained sleeper overnite on the property? Instead one is required to leave and get a motel room offsite, or has that policy changed. Also, due to the trailer tracks setup the tractor is (was) required to stay hooked to the trailer during the T-val testing which lasted three days.

Having hauled reefers for years and experiencing a reefer unit fire in a new trailer, I for one am not comfortable leaving a reefer trailer running attached to my tractor for long periods of time unattended.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Maybe they don't want drivers coming inside building to use
rest room and are afraid they will P in parking lot. That's all I can figure.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Maybe they don't want drivers coming inside building to use rest room and are afraid they will P in parking lot.

That is understandable, especially after hours. Most owners that go to the added expense of equiping their sleepers with a toilet, which is becoming more common, don't pee in the parking lot. Instead they pee in the toilet.LOL:rolleyes:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I think Linda had a little help writing this post.. it was a little
to articulate. JMO

Do you have a problem with me talking to other people about something I want to post?

Instead of trying to tear the poster down why not post something positive?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Not trying to start anything negative, just asking a question here:

What is the reason for FECC not allowing the owner/driver of a truck being T-val certified or recertified at the corporate offices to stay in their fully contained sleeper overnite on the property? Instead one is required to leave and get a motel room offsite, or has that policy changed. Also, due to the trailer tracks setup the tractor is (was) required to stay hooked to the trailer during the T-val testing which lasted three days.

Having hauled reefers for years and experiencing a reefer unit fire in a new trailer, I for one am not comfortable leaving a reefer trailer running attached to my tractor for long periods of time unattended.

I was hoping this post would point out how much easier it is to post positive things about your company.

When there is a wart with the company you are with you can either deal directly with the company and try to get the policy changed or move on as you did.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was hoping this post would point out how much easier it is to post positive things about your company.

When there is a wart with the company you are with you can either deal directly with the company and try to get the policy changed or move on as you did.

Darn Linda..and I thought by the tilt lately this was a gripe forum??;)

Notice the amount of nasty when things are slow as to when we are busy...you can sure tell the pros from the wimps!!:p

pelicn

Veteran Expediter

For the "professional" it is, but lately, we seem to be lacking a few of those around here. :mad:

Yes, it might be nice if FDCC allowed parking in their lot, but they do not. Yes, the building is locked down to drivers, so what?
I would imagine that the rules are in place for a reason, maybe for security reasons?
If you are a contractor for FDCC and do not like the rules, then go to a company that allows you full access.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter

While a number of expediters are holding their own and some are even doing well in the midst of the most severe economic downturn since the Great Depression, I don't know of any who are doing as well as they were before the recession took hold.

It's rough out there, even for the people who are making it. Saying positive things about your carrier can still be done, and done sincerely. But for a some readers, the comments will come off a little like talking up a pretty flower you see that somehow blooms in the rubble of a battlefield.

Yes there are flowers to see. But when many folks see bodies and debris wherever they look, focusing on the flower may seem just a bit odd. From those who don't want to hear about flowers right now, a less-than-positive reply may come to someone who praises or says something positive about one's carrier.

Even in good times, there are those who do not want to hear about flowers. In these times, negative responses to positive statements made about one's carrier may be more easily-triggered and frequently made.

Last edited:

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Never having meet Linda of TeamCaffee my opinions can only be drawn from the many posts I have read by her.
I think Linda would be hard pressed to be negative about most things as she seems to be a rather caring indivdual who looks for the good in someone rather than point out the bad.
I live with a Linda ( my wifes name as well ) and she would rather comment on the nicer
side of life and accent the positive.
Well they say opposites attract......

Balance in the world is achieved by all the views funneling into the same bottle.
All views are needed, none are more valualble than another. One may be more pertinent
depending on your walk at the moment.

Take EO, people come and go because they dont like the direction the threads start to
move. IS that an issue of EO or the inability to change with the times?

One thing for certain EO like expediting is changing. Old timers who want to hang onto
what used to be are going to resist become bitter and either be negative or wither away.

For some change is an unbearable option and they will decide on the path of least resistance and go somewhere else to start anew. Not a good thing or bad as one site may lose but the other may gain.

We all cant be like minded and be nice. It isnt that way in real life. Nothing new would ever
evolve if someone wasnt dissatisfied and tried finding a better or different path.

But, some just as in a face to face conversation just havent matured past the infantile
insults when someone dares to question or even worse logically point out flaws in their
arguement.

Best to ignore them than engage them.

Reactions: 2 people

Roadpig

Expert Expediter
Another great post by TeamCaffee.

It's true, every carrier has it's advantages as well as disadvantages. Each one of them are doing their best to provide freight for their operators. If they can't do that then they don't make money. Not one of them is out to wrong any of us, but they may have to make decisions that don't help us in the short run.

Panther, FECC, E1 all great companies. Each with their ups and downs.

Am I a cheerleader? Darn right, even when I'm upset with my team.

With that said: GOOOOOOO Tri-State!

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter

Linda, again I was not trying to start anything negative about your (and for five years mine) carrier. As I have said many times and still do to people that ask, FECC is one of the many good Expedite Carriers out here. Obviously when we leased our tractor on the shoe no longer fit for us. Thats the past.

Having gone through T-val testing in the past and having to leave our truck and stay in a motel during the three day test, I simply chose to ask a question here since I'm no longer leased to that carrier. Where is the negativity in that?

The reason owners invest in large fully contained sleepers is so they dont have to stay in motels with the exception of when the truck is in the shop overnight for repairs.

Sorry that you find my post as negative.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone thought that maybe there is a zoning law that prevents a lot of or, overnight truck parking at the FXCC HQ? There are schools across the street and Green is a bit of a snoootty neighborhood.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Has anyone thought that maybe there is a zoning law that prevents a lot of or, overnight truck parking at the FXCC HQ? There are schools across the street and Green is a bit of a snoootty neighborhood.

Piper

You hit the nail right on the head. The people of Green is very snoootty. Our kids play them in football, baskestball and so, the kids need a lesson in good sportsmanship. But, FedEx Custom Critical was told by the city of Green not to have people in the trucks over night. It's the same way at Panther is Seville.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why doesn't the Feds or P2 tell the drivers this upfront? It is not their rule but zoning laws....it would smooth things over:)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Why should FCC pass the buck it is a rule period always has been and always will be I am sure.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Actually the security was in place at the old locations. They have pizzed so many drivers and 0/0 off that they can't leave a door opened. For self preservation.

Lets face it, concerning the parking issue, they jes don't like trucks, or truck drivers in a close proximity of the palace. An, they jes don't like trucks or truck drivers.... period.

They jes like the money they make em.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually the security was in place at the old locations. They have pizzed so many drivers and 0/0 off that they can't leave a door opened. For self preservation.

In today's day and age that can be a reality anywhere. I knew one of the dispatchers that was shot at Liquid Terminals up here in Ontario...and we aren't supposed to have guns! I'd feel better if I worked in a building with security. Do you leave your doors unlocked at night when you sleep?

Let's face it, people don't always act rationally to their problems.

And NO...I'M NOT CHEERLEADING.