Cheerleader

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I don't believe that Linda was saying to ignore problems or to only post the "good stuff". We need to hear the good bad and the ugly about the carriers. What we don't need is GOSSIP and that is what Linda was referring to. If you have nothing good to say about your particular carrier, why are you still there?
As Leo says, all companies have warts. The problem lately, it seems the people are only seeing the warts we need a little Compound W around here.
Good Post Linda!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is been only a couple threads of late from some new posters that have kicked the whinning pool into high gear....they'll be gone soon enough...it happens every once and awhile...There is a lot of frustration and desparation out there right now....we have to be more tolerant and try to calm the ones that can be calmed and dismiss the a$$holes quickly....:eek:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
1369Loin%20T-Bone%20Steak.jpg

Mmmmm

I'll second that! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

And speaking of meat... JuJu, PLEASE teach your husband how to spell WHINE/WHINING/WHINERS, well I mean, since you were discussing *their* English skills the other day!
Horse whinny sound effect.wav - Download Animals

And then there were two!

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
they way it should be is the Carriers should cheer for their Contractors as the Carriers dont own the Trucks and without the Trucks and the Contractors The Carriers would cease to exist so To all You Carriers HEY

CHEER LEAD FOR YOUR Drivers as with out Your Drivers YOU would cease to exist.

GO GO GO DRIVERS GO GO GO DRIVERS GO!!! YA

Now there ya go thats the way to do it.

Now wasn't that a Stimulating Reality Check.

Speaking of Checks Hey Obamma and Congress and Senate how about that 15,000.00 dollar per TAX PAYING AMERICAN STIMULAS CHECK?

NOW THAT WOULD TRUELY BE SOMTHING TO CHEER ABOUT!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I don't believe that Linda was saying to ignore problems or to only post the "good stuff". We need to hear the good bad and the ugly about the carriers. What we don't need is GOSSIP and that is what Linda was referring to. If you have nothing good to say about your particular carrier, why are you still there?
As Leo says, all companies have warts. The problem lately, it seems the people are only seeing the warts we need a little Compound W around here.
Good Post Linda!

Thanks Pelicn you understand perfectly what I am trying to say! That is kind of scary! We do have warts here at FCC but we have a whole lot of good things going on. One thing we have learned you can fight company policy and make yourself miserable when you keep losing the battle, you can learn about the policy and make the best of it, you can wait for change, or you can move on to a company that fits you. Instead of hammering people for posting why not do what we can to help instead of fighting amongst ourselves? Just read through this post and you can see it happening and where it is heading.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can't "build" a good relationship with your carrier without a "Hammer" sometimes....speaking of hammering...

This post is ok....back on track....Go Go Go Express-!!:D

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Pelicn you understand perfectly what I am trying to say! That is kind of scary! We do have warts here at FCC but we have a whole lot of good things going on. One thing we have learned you can fight company policy and make yourself miserable when you keep losing the battle, you can learn about the policy and make the best of it, you can wait for change, or you can move on to a company that fits you. Instead of hammering people for posting why not do what we can to help instead of fighting amongst ourselves? Just read through this post and you can see it happening and where it is heading.

JMHO....

http://www.talkingwav.com/various/_04.wav

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Gosh Lawrence...I don't wanna be the spelling cop...will ya toss a spellcheck in here please?????:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That showed as much class as what it is - none at all, and contributed even less than your "pm" posts to the discussion.
Yes, there are threads where we get silly, but IMO, this wasn't one of them - it's an issue we ought to discuss, with intelligence, if possible. On that note, I agree with OVM.

You agree with me?..I don't even know what I posted...darn you are going to spoil what little reputation I have...:p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I thought your comment in post 22 was spot on - but I'll try to refrain from agreeing with you for awhile, if you'd prefer. ;)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Linda and Bob

Nothing wrong with you being a Cheerleader for FedEx Custom Critical. I think you and Bob do a good job of it. Nothing wrong with FedEx Custom Critical they are a very good company. Yea I have said things over the last few months about what Panther has that FedEx don't have. But I can also say that FedEx has something that Panther don't have. But why, it's pointless. They both are very good companies and it's not about which one is better than the other. It's what you as owner likes.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You can't "build" a good relationship with your carrier without a "Hammer" sometimes....
Yes ..... but I dunno .... it just seems to me that perhaps one might do what one can to make an effort to change those things which one finds less than ideal or flawed about whoever one is leased to .... by first trying to remedy the situation before going public with it.

IOW, try to take as much responsibility as one can (within reason) to affect some change thru normal channels before hitting it with the disinfectant of a little public sunshine. I'd imagine that most here would want to be shown that courtesy in regards to our own faults .... I know I would (and I certainly have plenty - just ask my wife ..... that is if you haven't already observed them yourself)

It's sometimes difficult to know where to draw the line - I have a situation with my carrier that I spent a considerable amount of time writing an email about, laying out the situation and what I saw as wrong or flawed, and then sent it in to who I deemed to be the appropriate person. That was 27 days ago .... and I have not even received just an acknowledgement from the party I sent this to that they got what I sent ..... let alone a substantive reply, addressing what I wrote. I haven't really followed up on it, so I can't really complain too much.

But at the point where I do try and follow up and get the same kind of treatment .... I might be inclined to raise the bar a bit .... it's relatively easy at most companies to figure out everyone's email address (even the head honchos) ..... if you know their names ... :D

I did this - writing emails laying out things I saw as "issues" - at my former carrier ..... probably easily over 50 emails if I had to guess (and they weren't short) to an individual there that was likely to push things thru and make stuff happen .... with some results, although these occurred after I left.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
BTW, while I might well be classified as a cheerleader for my carrier, that doesn't mean that I am not prone to thinking the absolute worst about them at times - maybe it's just human nature, maybe it's a hazard of the job where you have too much time on your hands ..... or perhaps it is just my own personal flaws and shortcomings.

I have discussed these things with others - both people who are leased there, and those who are not - but I would really prefer to do this type of thing privately, as it is often (at best) just rank speculation and guessing on my part. That way, there's much less chance of widespread damage and harm to innocent bystanders if I am wrong or way off the mark.

Generally though, as someone pointed out in another thread, if one ultimately decides that there may be a real issue (and not just a figment of one's imagination) it is best to address the situation head on, directly with those at my carrier that are in a position to answer up, or do something about it.