A little sanity, at long last!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All I know is if I get a load of legal mary jane going to Colorado ...the load will end up in the Mississippi river .....go ahead and fire me ....lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
P: you are perfectly correct in that last sentence. Some of us continue to smoke [just cigarettes, not marijuana] and we still read the posts we know are going to slaughter some brain cells.
Smart people do stupid things, that's a fact.
Since the government is going to make a few bucks on taxing [heavily] the recreational weed, I hope it turns out well. How many other groups are voluntarily paying high taxes? ;)

Lottery junkies.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Aww come on Cheri.
To think pot is a gateway drug for all is ignorant.

To think pot is a gateway drug for some is just common sense. You like being high, and you want a better, higher high. So you move up.

Thinking this, or KNOWING this , does not make one ignorant.

So one could say this about the buzz one gets from alcohol, right? I used to smoke clove cigs in the military, because they gave a nice buzz. Copenhagen did too.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
All I know is if I get a load of legal mary jane going to Colorado ...the load will end up in the Mississippi river .....go ahead and fire me ....lol

That seems like a very drastic step over a little weed lol. Why not turn it instead

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That seems like a very drastic step over a little weed lol. Why not turn it instead

I 'm not a fan of drugs ....I don t even like taking asprin ......yes I did drink alot of alcohol back in high school & college upto age 30.....to ME drugs and alcohol are totally different ....everyone has their own opinion on this and thats ok....in college I witnessed others using drugs and thats their body their choice but if they tried to get me to try it we then had a problem which usually ended with me flushing it down the toilet .....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Whether the source is "biased" or not has zero to do with the facts, and you didn't dispute any of the facts.
My own experience with alcohol has not been a gateway to anything [except the desire to sing at karaoke] which seems to be true for millions of others, so, gateway to what?

I'm pretty sure according to Frito-Lay that pot is the gateway to the munchies. :cool:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
sliders-demotivationalpostersorg.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How DARE you insult White Castle by even remotely connecting it to the "vile weed". White Castle is gormettee food. Pot is nasty, stinky stuff, used by watchamacalits like Bill Clinton and Littla Barry and The Bumbling Bush! Losers all!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Why don't liberals scream about smoking pot since it potentially will cause weight gain?
Seem to be concerned about every other item that people might enjoy.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In TN they're called Krystal, but it's the same thing. I still get cravings for those things - could those be considered flashbacks? However, only college-aged intestines can handle them more than once or twice a month. Just wish they had those little hot dogs back in the late '60s.:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
To think pot is a gateway drug for some is just common sense. You like being high, and you want a better, higher high. So you move up.
That's an illusory corollary of cause. It doesn't mean pot is the gateway drug, as whatever drug they used first, regardless of what it is, would be the "gateway" drug. The reason it's a gateway drug for some is because they're predisposed to that sort of thing, and whether it's pot or something else, they'll move on up.

Thinking this, or KNOWING this , does not make one ignorant.
Yep.

As to the others who think the sky is falling, it's a plant. It's no different than a begonia, a daisy, a corn or a tomato plant. God put all of those plants here. Making a plant illegal is about as retarded as making sea water or mallard ducks illegal.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That's an illusory corollary of cause. It doesn't mean pot is the gateway drug, as whatever drug they used first, regardless of what it is, would be the "gateway" drug. The reason it's a gateway drug for some is because they're predisposed to that sort of thing, and whether it's pot or something else, they'll move on up.

I believe pot was given the title of a gateway drug because it was readily available and cheap so use among teenagers was much more likely. As prescription drugs have become easy to get in recent years the rate of abuse among teenagers has increased significantly. Take a look at the increase in abuse of over the counter pills like Coricidin or spray paint. If a teenager wants to get high they will and do it as cheaply and easy as possible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Sniffing helium is not illegal and folks die from it,while sounding like Donald Duck,,,quack quack. So now what? You can buy it in the balloon stores,think. You can get high.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Starting fluid (ether) ... available at your local convenience store/gasmart and fine truckstops all over ...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Creationism, on the other hand, has no evidence, makes no predictions, and refuses to allow the question of "why?" Creationism is the brick wall of knowledge and learning. Creationism makes you stupid. To dismiss actual evidence in favor of a closely held belief is willful ignorance. It is prideful ignorance. Knowledge is based on facts, belief is not. Those who dismiss evolution as "it's only a theory" are stupid. It is stupid. They don't know what a theory is. They think a theory is an opinion of some kind of conjecture. But in science a theory has the much stronger meaning of a "well-substantiated explanation" that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for something. The theory of relativity, the theory of gravity, the theory of heliocentrism, the theory of thermodynamics, the theory of plate techtonics, the theory of evolution - each and every one of these is "it's only a theory."

As to the others who think the sky is falling, it's a plant. It's no different than a begonia, a daisy, a corn or a tomato plant. God put all of those plants here. Making a plant illegal is about as retarded as making sea water or mallard ducks illegal.

How is it we get from one to the other? Seems to be a 180 and contradictory.