A fond farewell

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
After much discussion and decision making, my husband and I have decided to leave the expediting business. My father only has a short time left on this earth so I have been staying home to spend time with him and hubby has been out solo. The past month has been a very difficult one with dealing with my father's illness and watching him slip away a little more each day is taking it's toll on me as well.

The main reason for my post is this, to help the owner of the truck we have been driving find a new team to take over. Hubby has put in a 2 week notice, which will be up Dec. 11. However, he will be more than willing to give up the truck early if the owner finds another team before then or to stay out a little longer if necessary.

If anyone is interested in more information about the truck and/or the truck's owner, please send me a personal message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, and everyone please stay safe out there. :)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck to you guys in whatever you choose to do. Our thoughts will be with you as you deal with your father's health issues.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
my thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby and as was said, "don't be a stranger here. keep us up to date....

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Sorry to hear about your Father. You will be in our prayers.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Best of luck to you in whatever the future holds in store. Many thoughts, prayers, and well wishes are with you.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
So sorry to hear about your father. Good luck in your next endeavor, and don't be a stranger.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You will be missed here in EO land so do not become a stranger. Our prayers will be with you also in caring for your father enjoy him while you can.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not what I wanted to read first thing in the Morning.
Sorry to hear this,,wish ya the best of luck and as many said my prayers go out to you and family...
In my short time on this site your one of the first I talked with thru this lil peice of the internet,,And I didnt even get to find out where Sand Creek Mich is..
Agin best of luck and hope to see ya pop in and out here..

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
You might want to mention to your owner that he/she could place a free ad in our classifieds to find a new team for the truck...

Sounds like you all are being proactive in your decision-making, albeit those are very hard decisions to have to make. :(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Sorry to hear about you situation. Just because you have to exit now, doesn't mean you can't come back when the time is right.
Good luck and hope everything works out.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes, thoughts and prayers. They are all greatly appreciated. The decision was difficult, but we feel it is the best one for us right now. My father has terminal cancer and being here with him is most important. We will be ok and I'm sure things will work themselves out eventually. Thank you again. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You and your family our in our prayers. You will be missed here but you have your priorities in the right place. Do keep in touch and when you see I am around the house give us a SHOUT!! We have yet to meet in person.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I thought I should clarify that while the truck owner has allowed hubby to go out solo, it is only for a short time and he wants a team in the truck. He prefers a "same household" team.

The truck is a 2008 Toyota Hino with a very nice 96" sleeper.

If anyone would like any more information, please send me a private message.

Thanks again. :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Michelle: I know how hard it is, having sat with my Dad as his life slipped away, and you are where you need to be right now. As DaveKC said, maybe it's not forever....
Your boss is losing a good team, but I see no reason why EO should lose you as well - I hope you'll continue to offer help and advice to those who can use it.
Please let me know if there's any way I can help, as you have helped me.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
You and your family our in our prayers. You will be missed here but you have your priorities in the right place. Do keep in touch and when you see I am around the house give us a SHOUT!! We have yet to meet in person.

Is there only one house in Monroe, Mi?:p

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes, thoughts and prayers. They are all greatly appreciated. The decision was difficult, but we feel it is the best one for us right now. My father has terminal cancer and being here with him is most important. We will be ok and I'm sure things will work themselves out eventually. Thank you again. :)

I'm very sorry to hear of this sad diagnosis, especially at this time of year. I went throught this myself this past February with my mother and the previous year with my dad. It is difficult I know. You're right, it will work out.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was a pleasure to meet you guys in El Paso. All the best in the future, and I'm sure you'll always feel good that you were there for your Dad when he needed you most.